Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 PM

478 posts, read 959,884 times

Advertisements

You idiots talking about "family values" should go talk to the innocent people in Iraq who have lost members of their family.... because of the lies of the "family value" political cretins you "support".

Ooops. Sale at Walmart --- better run on, Bessie Lou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 PM

139 posts, read 724,031 times
If saying she should be home with her kids is the best the liberals can some up with... mwahahahaha....

Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Rep are for families and have always been.
Then basically you are agreeing with the OP. Sarah Palin has 5 kids. She's raising a special needs kid right now. Why is she willing to basically give up all the time she has with them? You do know that a presidential election, and being the VP should she get elected, will mean FAR less time with her kids. She'll be lucky if she see's them at all in the next 3 months. You can't have it both ways -- either you are pro her abandoning her family, or you are against her being the VP pick.

Quote:
It is the dems who hate real family values, remember.
McCain left his wife when she got crippled and lost her looks. He married a trophy wife with money. Obama was raised by his grandparents, heartland people who took their black son in and treated him like their own. Obama hasn't cheated on his wife, and shame on you to ever imply it. I'd take his family values over McCain, Bush, Cheney, Palin, Guiliani, Craig, Foley, etc. Perhaps Romney might have equivalent family values to Obama.

Quote:
By the way, the economy was fantastic until the dems took over congress, look at the numbers!
Nope, wrong. It's been sliding with the dem congress, but it was sliding before too. Look it up yourself, I'm not doing your homework for you.

Quote:
My family did very well under Bush, in fact we have done fantastic under him. All my neighbors have also done well. All my other family members have done well.
Good for you! Isn't it great to do well? I for one will not give credit to the president for my success, nor blame for my failure. If you've done well it is more a credit to you than to GWB, believe me.

Quote:
We need more people like Sarah Palin.
I'm sure we do, just maybe not running the country.

Quote:
She gives us the change that Obama promised and failed to deliver!!
She's McCain's Dan Quayle. She's his way of slyly insulting the right wing of his party, hammering home the point they have no power over him. The expectations for her are absolutely zero, so anything she does will seem to exceed expectation. It was great pick.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
If saying she should be home with her kids is the best the liberals can some up with... mwahahahaha....
Personally, I don't think she should have any restrictions on her family life. As a liberal, I think women should make those choices themselves.

I simply point out that her party doesn't feel the same way, and is being very hypocritical. The 'family values' wing of the Republican party constantly chastises working women for not putting their family first.

No, that's just the tip of the Alaskan iceberg. She'll sink herself. Should be fun.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM

284 posts, read 696,508 times
Your just mad cause mccain is going to win best move he made barrack couldnt do it so he was like fine i will have a women Vp

Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
Your just mad cause mccain is going to win best move he made barrack couldnt do it so he was like fine i will have a women Vp
Astute political commentary. I'm not a Hillary supporter, and I think Obama did the right thing not picking Hillary.
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republican party.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 PM

571 posts, read 853,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Astute political commentary. I'm not a Hillary supporter, and I think Obama did the right thing not picking Hillary.
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republican party.
I agree Hillary would have lost him the independents.
But people look at McCains VP pick who he met for the first time on thursday, With the recent Hillary supporters can vote for McCain ad, kinda make it look like this woman thing is just him trying to cash in the Hillary pinnata see if he can get any candy to come out.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
I agree Hillary would have lost him the independents.
But people look at McCains VP pick who he met for the first time on thursday, With the recent Hillary supporters can vote for McCain ad, kinda make it look like this woman thing is just him trying to cash in the Hillary pinnata see if he can get any candy to come out.
The Hillary Pinata. Good visual.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM

571 posts, read 853,312 times
its the truth )

Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
Oh Islandmommy I so agree!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections