Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
How do you know these 17 year olds were taught abstinence only? Proof?
Uh, I went to public schools in Texas...I'd wager that 10% of the girls I went to high school with got pregnant before graduating, if they did at all. Some of them weren't even in high school yet when it happened.

Don't teach them, and they'll figure it out themselves.

And yes, anyone who cannot discuss things without generalizing isn't worth my time. Hell, I'm being reminded constantly why I only rarely venture into the political forums here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
I'm a mother of a high schooler. Since he entered junior high school I have basically placed my career ambitions on hold. Adolescence and the teen years are formative and important and can shape the remainder of a person's life.

My child needs stability and the knowledge that they are the most important person in my life.

My career can wait until he's an adult.

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
My goodness, you're making a whole lot of assertions and "guarantees" about a family you don't even know. I hope the favor is returned ten-fold to you and your family someday!
Awww...shucks. I don't deserve such sympathy.

Yeah, I'm sure there's NO chicanery going on with the preggo daughter. Especially since nothing was said until 5 months later.

But, ANYTHING to win. That goes for both of your pathetic parties.

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Wow, you liberals are even more bigoted and sexist than I thought! Keep it up though! You should be trying to bail water out of your sinking ship, but instead you steer towards icebergs!!!
Seriously!

UNHINGED!!!!

The sheer MASS of smear threads and blog posts across the internet smearing Palin's family on every little thing is ridiculous, and a bit curious, considering if they REALLY want to make "family" an issue this election, Obama & Co. better saddle up.

Aint nuthing worse than being the bastard son of a woman who had a taste for polygamous, wife beating third world men who abandoned her son to pursue a doctorate in some dead-end career path. I mean, having an upbringing like THAT is sure to mentally effect a person's psyche.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
What would one expect from a Mother that has 5 children. Do you think she had the birth control discussion with her? What happened to the abstinence only curriculum that Bush advocated? I guess she didn't have that discussion either.

Sarah Palin was too busy to pay attention to what her daugher was doing. Sad.

And you know this how? What a unintelligent comment to make that because she has 5 children she didn't have the birth control discussion with her. I have 5 children and those that are old enough have had the discussion. It is amazing to me that overnight everyone is an expert on Sarah Palin. No wonder our country is in shambles, everyone is so busy trying to tear everyone else down. It doesn't matter which party ends up in the White House because of people's attitudes nothing will change. We have lost the compassion and caring that we should have as a people. Now that's sad.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You wouldn't be saying this if her husband were on the ticket, and that's because FAUXgressives have taken over the Democratic party. Sexism = Ok. Nobody asks, "should the father be home taking care of the kids?" Nobody CARES that the father is described as a "stay at home dad."

Attacking women is de rigeur this election for Democrats, whilst playing the racism card at any turn.

Maybe OBAMA shouldn't subject his young girls to gangsta rap lyrics, preachers that hump the podium. Maybe NOBODY with small children should run for office.
What is sexist is perpetuating the myth that women or men can do it all. It can't be done. Something has to give. If you choose to have a lot of kids, something has to give somewhere else. Same if you want to be a high-powered executive. Thinking that one can have it all, if s/he works hard enough at it, only leads to unhappiness and dissatisfaction for most people.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
proof...........
I haven't read all 19 pages of this thread but Miborn asked for proof of whether teen pregnancy happens more in red states. I don't know the "Guttmacher" organization, but this is what I found:

According to this site: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf, here are the top ten states for teen pregnancy:

1) Nevada
2) Arizona
3) Mississippi
4) New Mexico
5) Texas
6) Florida
7) California
8) Georgia
9) North Carolina
10) Arkansas

Of these states, only one (California) went blue in the 2004 election.

Of these states, only two (New Mexico and California) went blue in the 2000 election.

These are just the facts. I'm not projecting any opinions here. You can make your own opinions.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post

To be honest with you, I still have my doubts about who mothered the infant. I won't be surprised at all if this new baby happens to be delivered "late" in the long run. Sorry to be a cynic but something about this entire Palin situation smells rotten.

Yeah, you have "doubts" because you've sold your critical thinking skills out the window in favor of wholesale acceptance of conspiracy theories spoon fed to you by Democratic blogs.

So committed to the ruse, Sarah Palin gained weight on purpose and strapped a pillow to her torso for months!

Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
What is sexist is perpetuating the myth that women or men can do it all. It can't be done. Something has to give. If you choose to have a lot of kids, something has to give somewhere else. Thinking that one can have it all, if s/he works hard enough at it, only leads to unhappiness and dissatisfaction for most people.

Why don't you let the WOMAN make her OWN DAMN DECISION about what she can and cannot take on?

I mean, who are YOU to say? Buncha gossipy old ninnies!

Just because YOU couldn't do it, doesn't mean SHE can't, or won't be able to. It's not up to YOU to judge or decide what she can or cannot take on, and don't for a SECOND think that anyone is going to believe that you wouldn't vote for her because you care one ounce for the "welfare" of her children. If Dems were so concerned about her children, they wouldn't have attacked any of the following:

1) The legitimacy of a downs syndrome baby's birth
2) The chastity of Bristol Palin
3) The cynical timing of a subsequent Bristol Palin birth, OR launched criticism on Bristol's actions and decision to keep said baby.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Seriously!

Aint nuthing worse than being the bastard son of a woman who had a taste for polygamous, wife beating third world men who abandoned her son to pursue a doctorate in some dead-end career path. I mean, having an upbringing like THAT is sure to mentally effect a person's psyche.
^^ you forgot goat herding

Don't all the goat herders over there go to Harvard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections