Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:23 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your modern day Republican party. Using a decades old known truth.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

Joseph Goebbels
Your modern day Democrat Party: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" - Karl Marx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you miss the point. I don't find any of these idiots credible. there is no such thing as unbiased journalism.
There's nothing "biased" or "unbiased"- it's simple factual reporting- one video clip shows the speaker in favor of "A", while another shows the same speaker denouncing "A" when it's happening to someone else. There's no way to "bias" hard, cold video

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
I'm a libertarian who thinks john stewart is an idiot. I didn't dismiss it, I didn't watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Cool! Then you are dismissing it without knowing the facts! How Republican of you!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:25 PM

you're still missing the point. I don't take any of the idiots seriously. why would I care about an idiot, pointing out that idiots are talking out of both sides of their mouthes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
There's nothing "biased" or "unbiased"- it's simple factual reporting- one video clip shows the speaker in favor of "A", while another shows the same speaker denouncing "A" when it's happening to someone else. There's no way to "bias" hard, cold video

Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
Man, what an awesome find! My favorite was the Bill O'Reilly clip on teenage pregnancy.

When it comes to Bristol Palin: "It is true that some Americans will judge Governor Palin and her family. For the sake of her and her family we hope things calm down...."

When it comes to Jamie Lynn Spears: "Here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her."

Good one, John.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:32 PM

472 posts, read 872,530 times
hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That made me smile a little!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,411,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
How elitist of you. More "educated'? Most of them haven't even finished college yet.

Well, if they are indeed "wealthier and more educated", their votes are still trumped by the "poor and less educated".

Nice anti-Irish jab at O'Reilly. You really do belong to the party of tolerance.

Exactly.

Jon Stewart is a comedian. He used to be funny--I remember those days...and as far as anyone saying he is "bi-partisan"--that's a lot of hooey. I stopped watching him after 9/11 because I thought he was completely delusional. It seems his viewers are as well!

Anyone who watches Jon Stewart to actually get a unbiased viewpoint has their head in the sand, and posts like what we are seeing from the liberals just proves your elitist point. Well done.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Do you honestly think we care what you think is funny or not funny?

You're one of the most vile hateful posters on these boards.

Get real.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,497 times
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Great post OP!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM

after watching the video, I remain unimpressed. didn't even crack a smile. I don't even know who dick morris or karl rove are. I have heard the names, but really don't know their purpose. as for the o'reilly clip, it was pretty lame. we were unable to see the full context of the statement, however, I am pretty sure that everyone knows that the parents of brittney and her sister are pretty terrible parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections