Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinolala View Post
You may think his show is a "fake news show" but the clips he shares are from "real new shows".

Well, you know if it's not from "Faux News" (Fox News) - that it's not "real."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you miss the point. I don't find any of these idiots credible. there is no such thing as unbiased journalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
There's nothing "biased" or "unbiased"- it's simple factual reporting- one video clip shows the speaker in favor of "A", while another shows the same speaker denouncing "A" when it's happening to someone else. There's no way to "bias" hard, cold video
Yes.
To use a trite phrase, it is what it is. And very funny, if my laughter was tinged with grim recognition.
Stewart has done plenty of poking at the Democrats, with achingly funny results. He is an equal opportunity comedian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't even know who dick morris or karl rove are. I have heard the names, but really don't know their purpose. .
Is this, um, satire?
If it's not, then no wonder you are unable to find humor in the video clip.
It's kinda hard to laugh if you don't know who the players are, and rather silly to offer a judgment of the program.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
I hate to hijack the thread here, but I'd like you to explain yourself.

I believe in woman's equality. I also believe Palin is dangerously unqualified, and the fact that she resorted to introducing herself to America by straight out (ie The Bridge To Nowhere which she supported and then kept the money) shows the few issues we know where she stands are in contrast to what the American people believe.

That's been the heart of most of the critiques out there, especially from actual democrats, not some of the obnoxious anonymous jagoffs in this forum. So where's the hypocrisy here?

Bonus points if you can answer that without pointing out that John Stewart's a jew!
Oh contrare! He is an expert at pulling liberal anti-semetic race cards for anyone who does not unconditionally support flooding Israel with taxpayer money (I should know as I was the "lucky" recipient of this race card), or posting grotesque holocaust pictures for immediate shock value. His ability to use Jewish people as tools for a focused political agenda is more clever than you realize!

In his world, Jon is what you would refer to as a "self-hating" Jew.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

In his world, Jon is what you would refer to as a "self-hating" Jew.
View, I disagree with this.
Stewart is a proud Jew, if a self-deprecating one.
I do not know how he feels about Israel, but I've seen him making mocking remarks about Israel, which may make more conservative Jews upset.
Plenty of American Jews do not find this offensive.
ETA:
"Baruch" Obama and Elderly Florida Jews

Last edited by BlueWillowPlate; 09-05-2008 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: add link

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
View, I disagree with this.
Stewart is a proud Jew, if a self-deprecating one.
I do not know how he feels about Israel, but I've seen him making mocking remarks about Israel, which may make more conservative Jews upset.
Plenty of American Jews do not find this offensive.
ETA:
"Baruch" Obama and Elderly Florida Jews
Of course, I concur.

It doesn't stop those scoundrels from trying to place guilt on those who don't support their agenda as being "self-hating", somehow as a sick form of mockery or attempt to blackball folks like Jon from their Jewish fraternal bonds. It's actually a liberal trick, brought forth by obedient Kristol-ites. Neo-conservativism has some liberal fundamental mantras, and the anti-semetic race card is a brilliant one. Someone was paying attention at Berkeley. Marginalizing folks like Jon as "self-hating" makes them more comfortable with their beliefs.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,664,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'm waiting for Stewart to put together some clever clips comparing the DNC's sincere commitment to women's equality with their shameful smearing of Sarah Palin.

It'll be a long wait, though.
Yep.

It's typical. Stewart went right for the "mayor of Wasilla" thing and ignored the fact that she's the governor of an entire state.

When Stewart pokes fun at the left, it's always a softball with a wink and a nod -- "we tease because we love." When he goes after the right, it's brutal, and the gloves come off.

I don't care that he called out O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rove. They're all partisan political hacks. It would just be nice to see the same level of criticism heaped on the left for a change.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
It would just be nice to see the same level of criticism heaped on the left for a change.
Well, if you don't think Stewart comes on strong enough against the left, there is always South Park.
But I've seen some pretty effective stuff on the Daily Show.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'm waiting for Stewart to put together some clever clips comparing the DNC's sincere commitment to women's equality with their shameful smearing of Sarah Palin.

It'll be a long wait, though.

After all, Mr. Leibowitz is a coward and a shill for the Dems.
Err...A political party going after the other party's candidate surprises you? What exactly has been "shameful" about any DNC criticism of Palin?

Leibowitz? Are you referring to Jon Stewart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections