Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Exactly.

Jon Stewart is a comedian. He used to be funny--I remember those days...and as far as anyone saying he is "bi-partisan"--that's a lot of hooey. I stopped watching him after 9/11 because I thought he was completely delusional. It seems his viewers are as well!

Anyone who watches Jon Stewart to actually get a unbiased viewpoint has their head in the sand, and posts like what we are seeing from the liberals just proves your elitist point. Well done.

Satire, not the news. It's a comedy, he doesn't have an obligation to be unbiased, only funny. What makes the satire amusing is that he uses real clips and points out the inconsistencies and nonsensical explanations of it all. Since the conservatives have been in power since 2001, it stands to reason that the people in power get poked fun of more. While Jon Stewart may well be a Democrat, his show didn't pull any punches making fun of the Democratic nomination process, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Exactly.

Jon Stewart is a comedian. He used to be funny--I remember those days...and as far as anyone saying he is "bi-partisan"--that's a lot of hooey. I stopped watching him after 9/11 because I thought he was completely delusional. It seems his viewers are as well!

Anyone who watches Jon Stewart to actually get a unbiased viewpoint has their head in the sand, and posts like what we are seeing from the liberals just proves your elitist point. Well done.
Two days ago he just did an entire segment on lord Obama stopping the hurricane. They hit both sides.

Regardless, this clip is not commentary. It is actual footage of people contradicting themselves over and over regarding sexism and teen pregnancy.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
I don't think anyone is saying that it's off-limits to criticize her record as mayor or governor - that's fair game. The problem is the "rumors" that were instigated in the left-wing blogs (obama supporters) that targeted her baby, her daughter, that she is a women.

They ran with stories like the AIP one - totally debunked.

I realize she is new and fresh and people don't know much about her, but the so called "journalists" threw everything to the wind in their frenzy.

Asking the McCain campaign to supply DNA tests to prove the parantage of the baby is another crazy, kook-left idea.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:50 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you're still missing the point. I don't take any of the idiots seriously. why would I care about an idiot, pointing out that idiots are talking out of both sides of their mouthes?
If an idiot told you to move out of the way of an oncoming BUS...

would ya move!?!?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No, they're showing everyone talking one way about Palin, but then going back to previous clips of these same people talking out of the other side of their mouths when the shoe is on the other foot. For example, O'Reilly seems to celebrate Palin's daughter's teen pregnancy, but then is shown in a previous clip denouncing Jamie Lynn Spears' pregnancy as being "her parents' fault". Hmmmmm......
Ah. I see. Sort of a "do as I say not as I do kind of thing". I will watch it later.

Sort of like Biden saying that Obama was too inexperienced to be President and that he would be more than happy to be on a ticket with McCain.

UpsidedownStamps.com » JOE BIDEN… JUST ANOTHER ANTI-OBAMA SENATOR!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,716 times
awesome hahaha

Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
is the the guy who has a fake news show on a cable comedy network? who cares.
sorta like o'rielly.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that it's off-limits to criticize her record as mayor or governor - that's fair game. The problem is the "rumors" that were instigated in the left-wing blogs (obama supporters) that targeted her baby, her daughter, that she is a women.

They ran with stories like the AIP one - totally debunked.

I realize she is new and fresh and people don't know much about her, but the so called "journalists" threw everything to the wind in their frenzy.

Asking the McCain campaign to supply DNA tests to prove the parantage of the baby is another crazy, kook-left idea.
I agree with you that a lot of the criticism of Palin has been way over the line in terms of fairness. The stuff about her family has been disgusting. But the people spreading those rumors, they aren't typical of all Democrats. Obama and Biden haven't been encouraging these attacks.

The other side of this coin is the attacks on Obama, spreading rumors that he isn't an American citizen, that he's a Muslim, that he's a terrorist. I don't think these attacks are typical of all Republicans. But they are repeated and spread by right-wing bloggers. McCain and Palin aren't attacking Obama with these rumors.

There may have been a frenzy, but part of that is attributable to the fact that we've been deluged for months with stories about Obama and McCain. Biden wasn't a new face in this political contest. Palin is. That's why the vetting process done by McCain's campaign is so important and so interesting. Because Palin is fresh blood in a tankful of sharks. Her ability to defend herself is a pertinent question to people who are asking if she can step in if needed to be President. The President of the United States lives in the biggest tank of sharks in the world, all hungry, all feeding all the time.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ithat she is a women
i dont think anyone is questioning that

Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Priceless! Thanks for posting. I really need to watch his show on a regular basis.

Quote:
I don't even know who dick morris or karl rove are. I have heard the names, but really don't know their purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections