Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times

Advertisements

wingsofgold: Your rantings perfectly demonstrate the success of the Republican party when it comes to spreading hate and ignorance. Newsflash: Islam does not equal terrorism. Any more than Christianity does (putting aside, for the moment, the medieval Crusades, among other somewhat nonpeaceful moments in Christian history). Obama is a Christian, and has been his entire adult life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'd rather have someone who pauses to articulate his thought and be cerebral, and is not condesending (Palin), says things like "chlidrens do learn", (Bush) and thinks that Czecheslovkia is still a country (McCain).
If you can take the way Bush talks, what is so bad about Obama's pausing (go to .... if you think it's stuttering, you know damn well it's not).
The problem is with all the thought and reflection he still can't articulate a thought. He's lost without a teleprompter.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
If the man said something like Caribou Barbie or Juno from Juneau, then yes, that would be a swipe at Palin.
He said something that McCain said about Hillarys policies and that's been around in the South for decades, you mean to tell me that I may be the ONLY one to think he wasn't talking about Caribou Barbie?
Please, try a stronger point.
One last approach . . . Why do you think the crowd roared at the line? As you state, it's been around for decades; did it just all of the sudden magically get that funny? Again, I had no problem with it as did the crowd. Just think it hilarious that anyone thinks the line wasn't in response to Palin's acceptance speech. . . .

And to get back on topic, at least he said it smoothly. . . it was well rehearsed.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
wingsofgold: Your rantings perfectly demonstrate the success of the Republican party when it comes to spreading hate and ignorance. Newsflash: Islam does not equal terrorism. Any more than Christianity does (putting aside, for the moment, the medieval Crusades, among other somewhat nonpeaceful moments in Christian history). Obama is a Christian, and has been his entire adult life.

When in doubt bring up the Crusades....how long ago were they as opposed to the current jihad? Hate and ignorance would belong to the democraps with animals like Pelosi, Reid, Cynthia McKenney, Dumbo's nasty wife, et al . Point that finger at yourself, not me.

You're mistaking my LAUGHING at your fear for a rant, sorry bout that chief.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:50 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
One last approach . . . Why do you think the crowd roared at the line? As you state, it's been around for decades; did it just all of the sudden magically get that funny? Again, I had no problem with it as did the crowd. Just think it hilarious that anyone thinks the line wasn't in response to Palin's acceptance speech. . . .

And to get back on topic, at least he said it smoothly. . . it was well
rehearsed.
I don't think it was and even if it was, please cry me a river. Did you see anyone call McCain sexist when he said the same thing about Hillary?
Original point: I'm sick and tired about the "stuttering" problem of Obama being pointed out. You don't get 250000 folks waving US flags on GERMAN soil, if you have a problem with stuttering, in the techincal sense of the word.
Does Obama, pause and and think twice in the middle of a sentence yes. Does he stutter, of course not.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-12-2008 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: additonal point

Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
How "dumb" he is?

Undergraduate degree: Columbia University
Law degree: Harvard University
Editor: Harvard Law Review
Professor of Constitutional Law: University of Chicago (a top 5 law school, and a conservative one, by the way)
State Senator
U.S. Senator

I think Bill Maher is right: White people who don't like Obama don't like him because he's smarter than they are. Which, of course, is the REALLY "dumb" response--since any thinking American would want their President to be smarter than them.
Obama um...uh...huh...ah... is um...uh...huh...ah... campaigning um...uh...huh...ah... to um...uh...huh...ah... become um...uh...huh...ah... the um...uh...huh...ah... first um...uh...huh...ah... Affirmative um...uh...huh...ah... Action um...uh...huh...ah... President.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
When in doubt bring up the Crusades....how long ago were they as opposed to the current jihad? Hate and ignorance would belong to the democraps with animals like Pelosi, Reid, Cynthia McKenney, Dumbo's nasty wife, et al . Point that finger at yourself, not me.

You're mistaking my LAUGHING at your fear for a rant, sorry bout that chief.
I'm sorry. Did I hear you correctly? Did you just state that "Dumbo's nasty wife" is an animal?

I rest my case.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Check it out at the 50 second mark once the idiot who was wiffing helium shuts up.
YouTube - Barack Obama Stuttering

Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry. Did I hear you correctly? Did you just state that "Dumbo's nasty wife" is an animal?

I rest my case.
First, you have NO case, secondly where did I stutter?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
psstt it's kinda hard to stutter with typing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections