Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I didn't create the comparison; I just responded to it.

I was saying her husband not voting for Obama because of one woman and her rants are about as stupid as me not paying my light bill because one customer service rep was rude. But then again it all boils down to perspective; like maybe the customer wasn't rabid,maybe she was just excited about the election - maybe the customer service rep wasn't rude, maybe she has an accent and I mistook her tone of voice for shortness.

Either way, I was being sarcastic - I'm sorry you missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It was a customer. He had no choice but to be in her house, and while he was there he had to listen to her liberal rhetoric and all about what is wrong with Palin and McCain, mainly Palin. He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama. Said the woman would NOT shut up and went on and on and on criticizing Palin. Keep it up, Dems!

Then I told him about SNL and what they said about Todd Palin and his daughters and other things the left has said against the Palins - which I hadn't discussed with him because he's not really interested. I think it's safe to say we have another vote for McCain-Palin after today.
These Dem. are so annoying with pushing their opinion on others by only smearing others without telling what empty suit hot air no hope and no change Nobama has to say for his own idea, other than smearing and now blaming the Rep...that is what turning people off.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
These Dem. are so annoying with pushing their opinion on others by only smearing others without telling what empty suit hot air no hope and no change Nobama has to say for his own idea, other than smearing and now blaming the Rep...that is what turning people off.
Speaking of hot air, dang there's been a lot of that going on w/certain posters.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
What part of that do you not understand?? Of course she has an agenda. She wouldn't be where she is if she didn't. And yes, she rants- in a very nasal, annoying way. Watch the Couric interviews. It's really starting to get on my nerves.
Well, this is a strange way to base your opinion on someone. I guess that's the part I don't understand!! I don't look at Nancy Pelousi and think she looks like a deer caught in traffic, although she does. It's the way she conducts herself at the table.

What gets me about Nancy Pelousi, when she sits at the table she never brings any options to the table "Just we have a problem and need to figure it out"!! She, did this with the gas prices and then left for a 5 week vacation ( along with the rest of the Dem's) and to sell a book, that tanked. Yesterday, she presented the same speech. She should at least come with some options. After, all she has experience, right!!

I didn't say anything about an agenda, just people need to look at the ISSUES and not her LOOKS!! We are not voting on the next AMERICAN IDOL or are WE!!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't say anything about an agenda, just people need to look at the ISSUES and not her LOOKS!! We are not voting on the next AMERICAN IDOL or are WE!!
LOL that's true - I'm so tired of people complaining about her glasses and her little updo. I'm fully expecting her to be on the Style Network's How Do I Look before the election is over.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,020,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I was saying her husband not voting for Obama because of one woman and her rants are about as stupid as me not paying my light bill because one customer service rep was rude. But then again it all boils down to perspective; like maybe the customer wasn't rabid,maybe she was just excited about the election - maybe the customer service rep wasn't rude, maybe she has an accent and I mistook her tone of voice for shortness.

Either way, I was being sarcastic - I'm sorry you missed it.
Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,328,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, this is a strange way to base your opinion on someone. I guess that's the part I don't understand!! I don't look at Nancy Pelousi and think she looks like a deer caught in traffic, although she does. It's the way she conducts herself at the table.

What gets me about Nancy Pelousi, when she sits at the table she never brings any options to the table "Just we have a problem and need to figure it out"!! She, did this with the gas prices and then left for a 5 week vacation ( along with the rest of the Dem's) and to sell a book, that tanked. Yesterday, she presented the same speech. She should at least come with some options. After, all she has experience, right!!

Let's see. She's a VP candidate, so she doesn't really get my attention as much as McCAin does, but, apart from the fact that she's a neoconservative politically and I'm not, she has very little experience, very little intellect, can not express herself well, and she's grating. Is that good enough for you? I may not agree with Condi Rice politically, but she's prepared, experienced, intellectual, and a good representative for the US. Palin is just embarassing.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,068,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It was a customer. He had no choice but to be in her house, and while he was there he had to listen to her liberal rhetoric and all about what is wrong with Palin and McCain, mainly Palin. He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama. Said the woman would NOT shut up and went on and on and on criticizing Palin. Keep it up, Dems!

Then I told him about SNL and what they said about Todd Palin and his daughters and other things the left has said against the Palins - which I hadn't discussed with him because he's not really interested. I think it's safe to say we have another vote for McCain-Palin after today.
Did he have lipstick on his collar?
Sounds like a typical guy coverup to me.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,980,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I didn't create the comparison; I just responded to it.
you expanded upon it.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,461,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
rabid pitbull anyone? With or without lipstick.
LOL...we'll see on the 2nd, but to tell you the truth, I think there's gonna be alot of blood and it won't be hers! I just have that feeling.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections