Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
YOU try again. It would be stupid to say someone didn't know anything about any issues or either candidate and based their vote on something one voter said and of course he isn't basing his vote on what one mentally ill woman said to him. How utterly stupid. You people are SOOOO worried Obama is going to lose that you jump like attack dogs on any post that doesn't agree with your point of view. You guys are worried, obviously, or you wouldn't all be out like a pack of dogs ready to attack anyone who dares to say they won't vote for Obama.
Wow. That's called going off on a tangent.
Let's review.
-You now claim that your husband would not vote based on something a voter said or his impression of an Obama supporter.
-I said, 'hold the phone! That's not what you posted in your original statement:
You said:
"He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama."

Ummm...am I missing something? I'm simply pointing out the glaring contradiction, and you're getting pi**y because I called you on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 02:59 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I think it would go too far to say that McCain is "the one" responsible for all our economic woes.
But he DOES support the same Bush policies that got us into this mess.
I don't agree 100% of what you say but, It was the it's ALL McCains fault that we are in the mess we are in r-rated said that got me. Last I heard we still had 100 senators in the senate, I was wondering if McCain was the only one casting a vote.

r-rated, I will still wait for you to explain it to me though.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Wow. That's called going off on a tangent.
Let's review.
-You now claim that your husband would not vote based on something a voter said or his impression of an Obama supporter.
-I said, 'hold the phone! That's not what you posted in your original statement:
You said:
"He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama."

Ummm...am I missing something? I'm simply pointing out the glaring contradiction, and you're getting pi**y because I called you on it.
Yes, you're missing something.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Except you are making up your own version of it just like you do with McCain/Palin. I never said based solely on the lady's rant he decided not to vote for Obama. In fact, I never said he had decided for sure not to vote for Obama. I said I THINK he will probalby vote for McCain-Palin. I didn't say "Based on this woman's rant alone, my husband has decided he will not vote for Obama." Come on, I know you guys are desperate, but you don't have to make yourselves look stupid too.
hahahaha! This is so funny. once again. Here is what you said:
"but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama."

If that's what Obama's supporters are like he's not going to vote for obama. That's what you said! You even said "he knew one thing FOR SURE"!! If you misspoke or didn't mean to say that, why dont you just say that!
Are you taking notes from McCain's campaign? Making a statement about something and then completely denying that you ever said it and spin-spin-spinning away? LOL!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're missing something.
that was a duck if ever i saw one

Old 09-25-2008, 03:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Except you are making up your own version of it just like you do with McCain/Palin. I never said based solely on the lady's rant he decided not to vote for Obama. In fact, I never said he had decided for sure not to vote for Obama. I said I THINK he will probalby vote for McCain-Palin. I didn't say "Based on this woman's rant alone, my husband has decided he will not vote for Obama." Come on, I know you guys are desperate, but you don't have to make yourselves look stupid too.
No, but you created a thread about it so obviously this one woman made such a huge impact on your husband and this election you felt it was important enough to share with all of us. And please find one post of mine where I made up something about McCain/Palin - let me save you some time -you won't find one because unlike others I've found it more useful to actually discuss the positive things about my candidate of choice then the negative things about yours.

And actually you didn't say you think he'd vote for McCain-Palin until many a posts later, your orignial post said

Quote:
He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama.

Those are your words, not mine. Don't get mad at us because you sat down and typed out what I'm sure you thought was a funny little sketch about a rabid Obamite and all it did was cause people to question your husband's cognitive thinking skills.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
"but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama."

If that's what Obama's supporters are like he's not going to vote for obama. That's what you said! You even said "he knew one thing FOR SURE"!! If you misspoke or didn't mean to say that, why dont you just say that!
Are you taking notes from McCain's campaign? Making a statement about something and then completely denying that you ever said it and spin-spin-spinning away? LOL!
Does luzianne remind any of you of a certain person or two? Apparently she can't comprehend her own postings. Sad really, & this person is going to vote. Oh & her "can't think for himself" husband too.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:

I know what I said. I didn't say he based his whole opinion on that. He said if that's what Obama supporters are like, that is not something he wants to be a part of. Get it? It turned him off. I didn't say he's never heard another word about either candidate, has had his head stuck in the sand for the last year, but doesn't like what that lady said so isn't voting for Obama. You are desperate, and you'll be more desperate November 5th.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
I know what I said. I didn't say he based his whole opinion on that. He said if that's what Obama supporters are like, that is not something he wants to be a part of. Get it? It turned him off. I didn't say he's never heard another word about either candidate, has had his head stuck in the sand for the last year, but doesn't like what that lady said so isn't voting for Obama. You are desperate, and you'll be more desperate November 5th.
Really that's what you siad? Then who said this?

Quote:
He isn't as interested in politics as I am but he came home saying he knew one thing for sure, if THAT is what Obama supporters are like, he's not voting for Obama.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
that was a duck if ever i saw one
It wasn't a duck it was a "you're trying to bait me and you're not f-ing worth my time!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections