Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,656,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Please provide corroboration for what you think are indicators that she is the real deal. Please provide links from interviews or any legitimate third party evaluations that you can link. Is this evaluation subjective(opinion based) or a result of third party analysis?
So if it is not on a link or someone else said it before the poster, it doesn't count. Some people just have insight and know how to read people. Sarah Palin does not have the experience in congress, but the one thing that she has going for her is that she thinks like middle America. She has a heart and connection with the average main street person that many of the candidates lack. Obama does not have a clue what life is like for the average person in my neighborhood. I insulted her earlier on another thread by calling her a female Obama. She is like him in that she is a cool person and a good speaker, but her value system runs rings around his. He is so messed up that it would take a miracle to fix him. There is hope and I believe in miracles, but I will not be voting for him. I would vote for Sarah Palin for president before I would vote for him with anybody as his vice president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 07:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I think Biden should explain what he meant about clean, articulate Black people.
It's only been explained to death...sorry you're not keeping up. Oh, and he didn't say it about black people, he said it about Obama.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sadly, you are right. I wouldnt expect him to even prepare too much in regards to foreign policy or the economy, not for this debate, outside of knowing more about Obama's position on everything. Thats the clincher. I think its more a show of how much both know about their candidate than what they know. I'm fairly certain that Palin and Biden are going to get grilled over the stance of McCain and Obama and how they differ from their viewpoints.

Joe wants to make sure he does not sound, or act, like McCain did with Obama, which really turned alot of people off.
Please tell how you know "a lot' of people were turned off.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:04 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,706,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
What he should do is keep his mouth shut. But if he doesn't do that he might want to make sure he has his facts straight before speaking.
I think of the two of them, Biden's certainly not the one who needs to keep facts straight...

Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,706,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah will kick his a$$ from pillar to post. He is a big windbag and she is the real deal. You will all be begging to vote Republican after she finishes...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Riiiiiiight...

Old 09-27-2008, 07:08 PM

31,685 posts, read 41,080,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So if it is not on a link or someone else said it before the poster, it doesn't count. Some people just have insight and know how to read people. Sarah Palin does not have the experience in congress, but the one thing that she has going for her is that she thinks like middle America. She has a heart and connection with the average main street person that many of the candidates lack. Obama does not have a clue what life is like for the average person in my neighborhood. I insulted her earlier on another thread by calling her a female Obama. She is like him in that she is a cool person and a good speaker, but her value system runs rings around his. He is so messed up that it would take a miracle to fix him. There is hope and I believe in miracles, but I will not be voting for him. I would vote for Sarah Palin for president before I would vote for him with anybody as his vice president.
Excellent post and we thank you.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
1) Don't wear a moose mask in an attempt to **** her off
2) No frigid jokes
3) Don't say my presidential candidate can kick your presidential candidate's ass
4) Don't attempt to pull her weave out
5) Don't make fun of her fake Minnesota accent (ya know)
6) No Russia Jokes
7) Don't refer to her as four eyes
8) Don't mention how hot she was in that Ms Alaska swimsuit.
9) Don't challenge her to an arm wrestling match (You'll lose)
10) Although it's cool in football don't slap her on the butt if she wins the debate.

Hilarious! Thank you! HAhahaha oh gawd.. the moose mask....

Old 09-27-2008, 07:09 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,800,910 times
Honestly Biden is probably the most knowledgeable candidate on foreign policy out of any of the republican or democrat candidates we had for President from the get go. Palin seems very sweet, but she will be thrown into the cage like red meat for the lions on Thursday night.

5 days left to Cram Sarah!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:11 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
How does everyone think Biden will do at this weeks VP debate. I 'm sure he will win , but he is a talker than sometimes talks more than needed. I thought he was great last night when they interviewed him after the debates. What do you think he will have to watch. What is the topic and how is this one the same or differet than the one last night.? I just can't help but think that they will try something to keep her from not being there. Even if McCain tied with Obama last night he didn't hit a homerun. So I don't see him jumping in the polls. So in McCains nature what is next.
I think he must be cool under fire and resist the temptation to get into a "street fight." Palin does not have the issues on her side, supporting an agenda that is quite unpopular with most of the country. Her only hope is to get Biden to say something and hang himself. She intends to do this with as many attacks on Biden as others have prepared for her, and she will do tihs energetically with that incredibly annoying, whining voice. McCain has already showed that even in debates he believes in lying, so no doubt, Palin has been schooled accordingly.

I expect Palin to come out towing the party line, sounding like an airhead cheerleader from the 8th grade. She will be dressed nicely and easy on the eyes (I doubt that most men will hear a word she says and Conservative men especially have shown this). Biden merely needs to keep his cool like Obama did, and state the facts and the truth. The facts and the issues are on his side. He must not shoot himself by going off on a tangent. He must remain, cool, confident,...and act like someone who should be a heartbeat away from the presidency. He will do very well.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Biden will be Biden and he will go off on some tangent and get worked up and lose track of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections