Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 PM

172 posts, read 298,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
posting a link to a right wing hate site only says one thing. You need to let that hate go - it will eat you up inside.
One might argue that lacking a sense of humor could "eat you up inside"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Touche, dear. I'm incredulous that the Dems could make such a pathetic and stupid choice for the TOP of their ticket. Palin has more real experience than Obama but it's all about ELOQUENCE for you, isn't it? Y'all would elect a fascist if he was hip and gave good speeches.
Oh! A pathetic and stupid choice?

A graduate of Columbia and Harvard University, president of the Harvard Law Review, Constitutional Law Professor, US Senator, husband and father? My dear, you may disagree with him politically, but pathetic and stupid he is not.

His ELOQUENCE (as you say) is a welcome change from our our current President and his chosen successors of McCain and Palin. Electing Fascists is something Republicans do quite well, you have us beat there, dear.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Oh give me a break! After all the silly, ridiculous, outrageous things you Dems have posted on this board you are going to tell me my link is a "less than legitimate source"? And the Huffington Post is a legitimate source?
LOL. And don't forget all of the stories they've posted from the National Enquirer! All of the sexist names they've called Sarah Palin (and Hillary Clinton), all of the ageisms against McCain, etc. That's why I'm enjoying their righteous indignation so much! It's soooooo hypocritical. (Or, as another poster said, Hypercritical. I like that!)

Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Really? When did I call y'all "haters" or is this coming from a liberal persecution complex?
I never claimed you called anyone a hater.
I simply said that I don't know enough, or care, to hate you.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you haven't noticed, your fellow Dems spread all kinds of vicious lies and rumors about McCain and Palin. And I didn't see any lies and rumors I was spreading. I posted a link to a site that is anti-Obama. There are lots of things we don't like about Obama. we don't have to resort to rumors and lies.
I can only speak for myself. I post what I find is credible. Case in point- I totally ignored a thread about McCain collaborating with his Vietnamese captives. I couldn't find any credible reporting on that, so I didn't discuss it.

The link is not 'just' anti-Obama. It is filled with racist, hateful images. If that's what you're counting on to win the White House and keep the Bush legacy going another 4 years- well, that's pathetic.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Oh! A pathetic and stupid choice?

A graduate of Columbia and Harvard University, president of the Harvard Law Review, Constitutional Law Professor, US Senator, husband and father? My dear, you may disagree with him politically, but pathetic and stupid he is not.

His ELOQUENCE (as you say) is a welcome change from our our current President and his chosen successors of McCain and Palin. Electing Fascists is something Republicans do quite well, you have us beat there, dear.
Did I call OBAMA pathetic and stupid? Nope. Guess you can't understand argumentation. I called the choice stupid -- and it is. He is NOT equipped to handle the office without ANY sort of chief executive experience. If America was prospering and we weren't at war, I might be willing to give him a chance. At THIS TIME? Heck, no. That's reckless.

Btw, since you're so impressed with the Ivy League, apparently, I should remind you that Bush is a Yale grad. The stamp on the sheepskin doesn't mean much in the real world.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:

I can't give you any more rep just now...

This thread is extremely illustrative of the cultural divide that exists in this country. Elitists vs. Joe six Pack. The McCain campaign is really playing on that.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry, hon, but you're still assuming unless you can point to "data" that states the vast majority of American men live to be exactly 77.6 years. Besides that, I would venture, from history, that Obama has a greater chance of being assassinated than McCain would have of dying during his first term. You don't mention that, though.
Sweetie, what possible evidence do you have that Obama would be assasinated?

It is statistically probable that McCain will die sooner than a younger man. I don't wish it on him or anyone else. That's all I have to say on that, darling.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I never claimed you called anyone a hater.
I simply said that I don't know enough, or care, to hate you.
No, you co-opted MY response to someone who accused us of hate, saying it spoke for you, implying that I accused you of hate. Perhaps you need to think and reason before typing "ditto."

Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Please tell me that was a star wars reference.
That's what I took it as - had a decent chuckle.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master. Only a master of evil, Darth.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections