Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetulantSoup View Post
LOL. As a person with relatives who attend the church regularly, I always giggle when I read crap like this. Especially when the person saying it has probably never set foot in a black church before. But since this is America, where people aren't big on critical thinking (as evidenced by a majority of posts in this forum), I'll just say that, again, criticizing your country doesn't mean you hate it. And since the guy is a war vet, I'd say that he's well within his right.
School me! I've never stepped foot in a black church before either. How is it that racism is justified in that environment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
I've seen Reverend Wrights name, the boogeyman desperation card for the McCain supporters at least 3 times on here.
If Reverend Wright is so racist, then why were a noticeable percentage of his crowds white?
He hates America, why did he get a reward for bravery during his service in Vietnam?
Yet, Bush and Cheney, did everything they could to get out of Vietnam?
Aren't they the ones who hate America (using your dumbas*ed standards)?
Doesn't Reverend Wright live in an predominately white neighborhood on Chi Town's South Side?
On top of that cons, did you listen to the whole speech when he said "God Dammed America?"
Can you honestly say he's scarier (and his church) is any more wacky the that Wasilla church that uses witch doctors in prayer?
I'm really like to know.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yeah, because the base is too dumb to do their own research.
Animal lover? That's more information than I needed.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
guilt by association is ridiculous. if we used that logic, then john mccain is an associate with every corrupt person in the senate under his watch.
Yeah, the senate is a pretty sleazy place alright! But Obama's problem is he was hangin' with sleaze balls long before he ever got to Washington. You know Nixon is rollin' over in his grave!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I am just sick of hearing her period. I still cannot believe more people aren't outraged by her stripper looking for tips winking at the cameras during her debate. It was probably the most non-Presidential thing I have seen during this entire cluster f**k of an election year.

Again, if they want to play the guilt by association card, at least Obama isn't sleeping with Ayers, while Palin is sleeping with a member of the AIP...and speaking at their events as well as raising kids with him. Which sounds worse?
Does somebody have a little PDS today?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, the senate is a pretty sleazy place alright! But Obama's problem is he was hangin' with sleaze balls long before he ever got to Washington. You know Nixon is rollin' over in his grave!
Yup, the sleazy place that was McCain's stomping ground for how many decades?

You got one thing right, Nixon is rolling over in his grave... Because McCain is essentially a democrat himself (in GOP clothing right now), and the only "Republican" in the race is a nobody from the meth capital of Alaska!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Major WORD to your entire post. I cannot believe a candidate for V.P winked at the camera during a live debate. It speaks volumes on just how completely unprofessional Sarah Palin is.

Imagine, if Hillary had done the same thing, she would be have been ripped to shreads by the right wingers and MSM as non-presidential.
If Hillary winked at me, I would puke on the spot! Good thing for us Palin is SMOKIN' HOT!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I totally agree!

Did anybody see Palin's knee-high boots she was wearing? What an outfit? Is she trying to keep her legs warm? She's not in Alaska.

She may wish she was in Alaska, after this presidential campaign is over. Adios!
"What an outfit" you said it! She rocks!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I want more of her attacking him.

We DESERVE to know the truth behind Obama.

I believe the left wingers are becoming alittle worried about all hell breaking lose on Obama.

Keep an eye on the lawsuit folks. I would like to see Obama fail to show the real BC and get nailed for contempt.

Obama and the DNC thugs are trying stall tactics to see if the judge will not order it until after the election.

This judge had better never do that, because we deserve to know who we are voting for, not after the fact.

People are already working on a re vote if this does happen.

Obama does not produce the docs his name is removed from the ballot.
"a little worried" read on, they're commin' unglued! It's great!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:07 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
momonkey, do you have anything to add to this thread? It seems like the majority of your posts are one-liners and half-baked insults, and are light on actual substance.

Okay, I'll give you a question. How, in your opinion, do you think bringing up "controversies" that are several months old and already well-covered, help the McCain campaign? If voters have already heard enough about Obama's pastor, Bill Ayers, and any angle a journalist could glean from them to write an article, how will this have any effect on the electorate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections