Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

[quote=nebulous1;5664948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Granted that sister Sarah has not had many non-Fox interviews, we have at least seen her around recently. Here is a report from LA Times --who did a lot of reviews of e-mail logs etc - that says it was Todd that was almost a fixture in the government. Source ( Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, was a fixture at governor's office - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/careers/work/la-na-todd12-2008oct12,0,6898674.story?page=2 - broken link) )

He claims he is being singled out because his wife is the state's first woman governor. Nothing like playing the victim card. Nothing like avoiding the real question. Todd thinks this is about his wife's gender, when it is about him being in these meetings. He won't even address it.

What ever happened to the subpoena to court with him?
I think the creep was allowed to answer questions in written form....too scared to do it in person....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
I hope the whole family just goes away after Nov. 4th.

Her husband being involved in government business is a betrayal of public trust and a breech of security.

I do feel some sympathy for her kids, but the manner in which she uses them as props is shameful.

Her pregnant teenage daughter has no reason to be be on stage with Palin at rallies. No reason to hide her in a closet but no reason to flaunt her either. Just leave the girl out of the spotlight during what has to be a difficult time for her!

Her 6 month old baby has no business being brought up on stage to be lifted up under bright lights late at night except for show.

And this week at a hockey game, Palin brought her little girl, Piper, out onto the rink waving and smiling while her mother was boo'ed by the crowd. What was she brought out there for in the first place? Then Palin with fake innocence says "I can't believe they boo'ed Piper." Crowds of strangers are not responsible for protecting the sensitivities of her children. She is.

Her children are being used by their own mother for political gain, IMO, instead of being kept out of the crossfire , which would be the priority of most responsible parents.

By the way, has anyone ever heard Todd speak? He is inappropriately involved to say the least, but is he mute?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think--and I'm not quite sure....that because he finally did cooperate with the investigation, that he won't be found in violation of refusing to honor a legislative subpoena. That's something the legislature will decide for themselves when they reconvene in January.

Thanks for the update!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I hope the whole family just goes away after Nov. 4th.

Her husband being involved in government business is a betrayal of public trust and a breech of security.

I do feel some sympathy for her kids, but the manner in which she uses them as props is shameful.

Her pregnant teenage daughter has no reason to be be on stage with Palin at rallies. No reason to hide her in a closet but no reason to flaunt her either. Just leave the girl out of the spotlight during what has to be a difficult time for her!

Her 6 month old baby has no business being brought up on stage to be lifted up under bright lights late at night except for show.

And this week at a hockey game, Palin brought her little girl, Piper, out onto the rink waving and smiling while her mother was boo'ed by the crowd. What was she brought out there for in the first place? Then Palin with fake innocence says "I can't believe they boo'ed Piper." Crowds of strangers are not responsible for protecting the sensitivities of her children. She is.

Her children are being used by their own mother for political gain, IMO, instead of being kept out of the crossfire , which would be the priority of most responsible parents.

By the way, has anyone ever heard Todd speak? He is inappropriately involved to say the least, but is he mute?

His silence is scary, to say the least. He obviously is interested in government, being in on things, and who knows what he will do if she is elected with McSame.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:52 PM

The family being put on a pedestal makes me sick.
It isn't fair to the kids, although living in the White House is not far from being royalty.
I would think she would shelter her family from the public eye.

I hope they go away too.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I wouldn't expect anything to come of it; he did cooperate in the end. But there's another matter of him receiving copies of the governor's e-mails that's being investigated.

This didn't come out of nowhere...it came from the people in Alaska government. Senate President (and Republican) Lyda Green has questioned this since Palin took office as governor.

Here are some reactions from Alaska lawmakers when Palin was nominated as VP:

Quote:
The reaction wasn't so rosy elsewhere. State Senate President Lyda Green said she thought it was a joke when someone called her at 6 a.m. to give her the news.

"She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Green, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?
Choice stuns state politicians: Politics | adn.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections