Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,857,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes. Her sister's child is autistic. Do you have a problem with that now? He wasn't talking about Palin's child. He was saying that Palin knew about autism. He never said her child was autistic.
The only problem i have is where Palin is using her child to try to gain votes. No way does Palin look after her sisters child. John McCain meant Palins child, he just got confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,717 times
Anything that deals with issues of children is a must. I do agree that Palin is just starting her journey with her son. I know down babies can have issues. LIke eye and heart and hearing. Of course he is traveling with her so at this time he must be stable. I do think that parents with children with Autism have a hard time and they better than Palin understand the problems they face fighting for their children in the medical field and education. I just noticed that he brought that up a few times. Mabe to appear that Palin has some issues she may know something about.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,972,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I don't believe that she would do anything to address this issue. It's a nice talking point but I don't believe her or him on this issue at all.
I definitely do NOT believe them on this issue. I have heard Palin say several times she will focus on spevcial needs children. Well, considering she CUT funding to the Alaskan Special Olympics, maybe her focus is not such a good thing. And as for McCain, I went back and listened to that segment again and in MHO, he was confused, it truly sounded as if he was saying Palin's child was Autistic.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,297,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Like I said, she has NO CLUE what WE go through. How much time has she spent fighting with school districts and insurance companies, doctors, etc.? Is her sister going to hold a cabinet position to address this issue?
From what I have read and heard, yes - Sarah does know what her sister goes through and knowing that her sister had a special needs child helped her to accept and embrace having a child with Down syndrome. Do you think Obama knows or cares more about your child? Think again.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The only problem i have is where Palin is using her child to try to gain votes. No way does Palin look after her sisters child. John McCain meant Palins child, he just got confused.
He did not mean Palin's child. Geez, you people will invent ANYTHING. And she is not using her child to get votes.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
i definitely do not believe them on this issue. I have heard palin say several times she will focus on spevcial needs children. Well, considering she cut funding to the alaskan special olympics, maybe her focus is not such a good thing. And as for mccain, i went back and listened to that segment again and in mho, he was confused, it truly sounded as if he was saying palin's child was autistic.
wrong wrong wrong.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,602,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
I wondered about that also. Autism and Downs are two completely different things.He really did act like he has no idea which issue the palin family is facing.
Isn't it pathetic...this is the best he can come up with??? Another fragmented deep thought from the chipmunk man and his librarian!!!
I couldn't believe this myself...what a moron grasping for straws!!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM

Please stop giving McCain more credit than he deserves.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,664,424 times
Quote:
From what I have read and heard, yes - Sarah does know what her sister goes through and knowing that her sister had a special needs child helped her to accept and embrace having a child with Down syndrome. Do you think Obama knows or cares more about your child? Think again.
Heard from who? Fox News? No I don't think Obama cares anymore than she does. Until a parent of an autistic child is running for president I will not believe they will have ANY clue what is needed for these children. As I don't think YOU have any clue either.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 PM

McCain DID NOT mean Palin's sister. Where did he say Palin's sister?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections