Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Forgive me, but I think I'm perfectly capable of deciding for myself who is best for the country, that's what this whole voting thing is about. And, I think like the above poster, that it will be the reverse and most people who are undecided will vote for McCain in the booth.
Right. This election is a referendum of Obama, and whether America will be ready to stomach his sweeping liberal agenda made possible be a "Trifecta" in the House, Senate, and the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Forgive me, but I think I'm perfectly capable of deciding for myself who is best for the country, that's what this whole voting thing is about.
Um, ok...Doesn't have anything to do with my question, but thanks for sharing.

Quote:
And, I think like the above poster, that it will be the reverse and most people who are undecided will vote for McCain in the booth.
Curious. Why do you think that? I'm not arguing...I'd genuinely like to know why you think this may happen. Got any specific reasons, or is it more of an I-hope-it's-what-happens thing?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
I don't think that many people are going to go into the voting booths and suddenly change their minds, but I think there are people who might pretend to support McCain around their co-workers and community members, or at least give an air of not caring much about politics. A co-worker once approached me--last spring actually, with the information that Obama is the Anti-Christ; I told her I wasn't political just because I didn't want her to see me as a "project" to convert to her twisted thinking. After I got to know her better I told her she was full of crap.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:44 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think that many people are going to go into the voting booths and suddenly change their minds, but I think there are people who might pretend to support McCain around their co-workers and community members, or at least give an air of not caring much about politics. A co-worker once approached me--last spring actually, with the information that Obama is the Anti-Christ; I told her I wasn't political just because I didn't want her to see me as a "project" to convert to her twisted thinking. After I got to know her better I told her she was full of crap.
People's appeal for Obama doesn't develop "in the closet". Fear of Obama, however, does develop and even fester in the closet.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:55 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Um, ok...Doesn't have anything to do with my question, but thanks for sharing.

Your welcome.

Curious. Why do you think that? I'm not arguing...I'd genuinely like to know why you think this may happen. Got any specific reasons, or is it more of an I-hope-it's-what-happens thing?
Your OP is very arrogant, you ask twice how many people will get into the booth and "know" that Obama is the right choice. FYI, I do follow the issues very closely, including all of the issues you mentioned, and I came to the conclusion that McCain/Palin is the better choice.

Why do I think more undecided will vote for McCain? Because I think many people are intimidated by the media blitz for Obama, the negativity toward the current administration, and even if they like McCain and don't like Obama, they won't verbalize it, so I think they will speak with their vote. JMO

Old 10-18-2008, 07:56 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,971 times
How many people who say they are voting for Obama will vote for McCain once in the booth? MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-18-2008 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-18-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Your OP is very arrogant, you ask twice how many people will get into the booth and "know" that Obama is the right choice. FYI, I do follow the issues very closely, including all of the issues you mentioned, and I came to the conclusion that McCain/Palin is the better choice.

Why do I think more undecided will vote for McCain? Because I think many people are intimidated by the media blitz for Obama, the negativity toward the current administration, and even if they like McCain and don't like Obama, they won't verbalize it, so I think they will speak with their vote. JMO
It is clear that you didn't understand my OP. It wasn't arrogant at all. And it wasn't referring to undecideds.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
How many people who say they are voting for Obama will vote for McCain once in the booth?
No doubt there are some out there. Voting is, after all, a private process, and people seem to have become so divided about this election that people on both sides might have reason to be circumspect in the workplace, etc.

However, I get often get asked for my opinion on Palin, since I'm from Alaska, and I've never been able to muster up enough insincerity to pretend to be indifferent about her political views and (lack of) ethics.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:59 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Right. This election is a referendum of Obama, and whether America will be ready to stomach his sweeping liberal agenda made possible be a "Trifecta" in the House, Senate, and the Oval Office.
I know, it's a very scary scenario.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
How many people who say they are voting for Obama will vote for McCain once in the booth? The OP is dumb!
Pssh. Right, I'm the dumb one. Take a look at your own post.

And if you'd like to discuss how many Obama "supporters" will actually vote for McCain, start your own thread. This thread refers to (and ONLY to) the McCain "supporters" who will wind up voting for Obama, if any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections