Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:06 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Palin has a humor that is timeless. Twenty years from now people will still be laughing at her (and McCain).
She's funnier than that POTATOE guy dontcha think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 06:08 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,860,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
She's funnier than that POTATOE guy dontcha think?
I think Quayle owes Palin a debt of gratitude.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Wow! Didn't the McCain camp ask to see the lyrics first? What the fawning, far-right Republicans on here don't get is that the real joke was Sarah Palin sitting there while all those things were said. And lucky Alec Baldwin! To get to say all those things to her face. How wonderful! And he did a great job hiding the fact that the comment about his brother being Palin's favorite was far from a put-down and instead the ultimate compliment to Alec. He's such a good actor!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Haven't read through all this thread, but here's what I thought.

I really expected her to be funny, but I wound up not thinking she was at all. She's obviously charismatic and has a personality, and it not rigid but animated, and so I thought they would write something clever and play around with her and then we'd all have to concede that she was really funny and memorable. But it was awkward. It was like they were making fun of her, often in a way that just wasn't funny, and she wasn't really in on it, nor she completely grasp it. I found it very uncomfortable to watch.

Even the bit with Tina Fey doing the press conference wasn't funny. Fey is usually funny, but then the show itself often isn't these days, IMO.

Everything just fell flat to me.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
I love it Thanks, couldn't rep you more yet.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:14 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Sorry, but SNL was funny because of SNL, not because of SP.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM

289 posts, read 362,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I don't get the praise I mean she had what 2 lines on the whole show?
Agree what exactly did she do? Oh nothing as that is what she does best isn't it. I admit I stayed and watched and was disappointed as usual. She will be the downfall of the McCain Campaign. What a huge mistake he make thinking that just because she was a woman that they would take all the Hillary voters. Bet he's kicking his ass for that one. The rating were there because we all wanted to watch her fall from grace and I for one was happy to see her do just that.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
She was terrific last night. It takes guts to walk into a lion's den like that. Don't you think she knows the comment that bimbo Tina Fey made? That if McCain/Palin win she's leaving the planet?

Please .... so go ahead and leave. She can go live with her pal Baldwin. Oh!!! That's right! He's still here.

Do you few souls have any idea how popular this woman has become? Do you have any idea the crowds she gathers? People absolutely love her!

All I can say is if McCain doesn't win what I'll miss the most is Sarah Palin and the fresh air she has brought to this campaign. She's real, she's honest, she's one of us. She gets it.

Between her and Joe the Plumber I actually have hope.
Yes, "people absolutely love her." And if you asked any one of those people what they "love" about her, they would say exactly the same thing you've said: "fresh air," "real," "honest," "one of us," "she gets it (whatever "it" means)." And wouldn't have a clue where she stands on the issues, nor where she has stood on the issues in Alaska. Which means: You all think you're voting for Prom Queen, not the Vice President of the United States. It also means that you've all happily been led into la-la land by someone who happens to be beautiful AND charismatic AND--by golly, geewhiz--also a HOCKEY MOM!!! The fact that she's unethical, vicious, and a first-class liar are just minor details that her supporters--the neo-con Pom Pom brigade--would prefer to ignore.

Cheerleading pom poms, cheer pom poms, cheerleader pompoms, cheer leading pom poms, discount pom poms

Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,554,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sarah Palin is a train wreck. And lots of people like a freak show.
Exactly! How can anyone NOT watch her? It is a toss up for me...she is a train wreck waiting to happen or she *might* talk and answer some questions...

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,289 times
She is an entertainer so perhaps Third Rock could help her out with that in a few weeks. Also it you watchg MSNBC she is a American Mrs. All are great none of them spell leader or support what womem have fought for to be treated fairly for what they know not what they look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections