Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Well, Obama claims to be a christian but he hangs out with terroist. His friend Ayers isn't exactly a sunday school teacher. Btw, I taught sunday school for about 10 years and our teaching was to love one another.
His other best friend was a slum lord. He seems to associate with all the worst people, and somehow he's winning it.
You think this country is in bad staights now, it will be a disaster after. He won't be redistruiting my hard earned money.
He wants to give free handouts to people who think its ok to sit, smoke, and drink all day.

Diane G
If you honestly don't see the dichotomy between the bolded part of your statement and the rest of your statement then nothing I can say will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:07 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
Palin in her office doing what. Trying to get ex family fired. Oe changing budget reports. I heard her today with Brian Wiliiams saying that she gets really frustrated when people don't get stories right or attack her family. Watch out thank God she can't fire and one .

Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Palin in her office doing what. Trying to get ex family fired. Oe changing budget reports. I heard her today with Brian Wiliiams saying that she gets really frustrated when people don't get stories right or attack her family. Watch out thank God she can't fire and one .
You are off topic...... But she has 29,000 employees.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,631,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
I would remind that Jesus hung out with the whores, the criminals and the degenerates of society so...what exactly is your point?

The answer is really quite simple. Republicans have cried wolf so many times that a lot of people take nothing that's said at face value - too many of the stories told are half truths or complete falsehoods. They now look for the explanation behind the wolf, the logic and reason of the matter.

That's my favorite thing about this election. There is nothing better than watching Reps stand back, aghast, and utterly unable to comprehend HOW this can be happening to them. "But look, the wolf, the wolf, it's there!! Right freaking there, don't you see it?! Danger, danger!" While the Dems and many Independents they may glance in that direction then they go back to what they were doing.

People have become immune to the cries of wolf. The sooner Reps realize this the sooner they might get back to winning elections - but that doesn't look to be happening any time soon.

Oh and many of those facts you're talking about are subjective. What I mean is one side gives a fact. It seems black and white right until someone else discloses that same fact but with context or the rest of the story. Suddenly the meaning of that original fact does a 180.

Newflash, we've done this for over 50 years so HE'S not giving anyone anything new.
The simple comparison of Obama to Jesus makes me think that the just may be something to this hypnosis. Somethig has to explain this proud idiocy.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
The simple comparison of Obama to Jesus makes me think that the just may be something to this hypnosis. Somethig has to explain this proud idiocy.
you are the one being odd here steve. the topic is christian people claiming Obama is not a Christan because his job for a sec had a man they claim isnt godly on the committee. It's just odd--not right. NOBODY is comparing obama to jesus. what is wrong with you? We are saying, dont pull the god card, if you cant follow Jesus's basic teachings.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times
Quote:
I agree that's craziness but you have to admit the crazy swings on both sides of the fence. My mother believes this financial mess is another indicator of the End of Days that will be upon us within a couple of years.

If she and many others believe that then I'm not going to say too much (but I will roll my eyes) to those that think Obama is the messiah. It takes all kinds. One person's crazy is another person's beliefs even if I don't get it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
you are the one being odd here steve. the topic is christian people claiming Obama is not a Christan because his job for a sec had a man they claim isnt godly on the committee. It's just odd--not right. NOBODY is comparing obama to jesus. what is wrong with you? We are saying, dont pull the god card, if you cant follow Jesus's basic teachings.
Brush up on your reading skills. Sgrey compared Obama directly to Jesus. See below.

Quote:
Well, Obama claims to be a christian but he hangs out with terroist. His friend Ayers isn't exactly a sunday school teacher. Btw, I taught sunday school for about 10 years and our teaching was to love one another.
I would remind that Jesus hung out with the whores, the criminals and the degenerates of society so...what exactly is your point?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Brush up on your reading skills. Sgrey compared Obama directly to Jesus.
No he did not. What he posted was,

Quote:
If she and many others believe that then I'm not going to say too much (but I will roll my eyes) to those that think Obama is the messiah. It takes all kinds. One person's crazy is another person's beliefs even if I don't get it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:38 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:
Brush up on your reading skills. Sgrey compared Obama directly to Jesus.
Wrong. He said the same thing I said. Brush up on your forum skills. Diane said Obama isnt Christian because he hung out with Ayers, the reply is jesus hung out with thieves. He isnt comparing the 2, he is pointing out that by christain belief, if judging Obama by what she said she was, it's hypocrital and against the teachings to do so.

Stop spinning, are you not dizzy yet? This is uncool and very hurtful. Just grow up.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Wrong. He said the same thing I said. Brush up on your forum skills. Diane said Obama isnt Christian because he hung out with Ayers, the reply is jesus hung out with thieves. He isnt comparing the 2, he is pointing out that by christain belief, if judging Obama by what she said she was, it's hypocrital and against the teachings to do so.

Stop spinning, are you not dizzy yet? This is uncool and very hurtful. Just grow up.
It was a direct comparison, except in Obamaland.

"Uncool"...gee...are we in highschool???

I left high school in high school and I am leaving you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections