Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Brush up on your reading skills. Sgrey compared Obama directly to Jesus. See below.

Quote:
Well, Obama claims to be a christian but he hangs out with terroist. His friend Ayers isn't exactly a sunday school teacher. Btw, I taught sunday school for about 10 years and our teaching was to love one another.
I would remind that Jesus hung out with the whores, the criminals and the degenerates of society so...what exactly is your point?
Whoaaaaaaa now, I missed you saying that in the last post. I did NOT compare him to Jesus. No way, no how.

Quote:
No he did not. What he posted was,
Thank you! I'm now scrolling up to reread what I said because if I said it I must be on some good drugs that I forgot about.

I'm a she btw.

Steve, I said the following in response to someone else's post. They said:

Quote:
Well, Obama claims to be a christian but he hangs out with terroist. His friend Ayers isn't exactly a sunday school teacher. Btw, I taught sunday school for about 10 years and our teaching was to love one another.
I responded with:
Quote:
I would remind that Jesus hung out with the whores, the criminals and the degenerates of society so...what exactly is your point?
I in no way was comparing him to Jesus. The reason I said that was because Diane said "Obama claims to be a christian but hangs out with terrorists." I took issue with the claims to be a Christian because to me, if you are a christian, if you are following Christ you don't shun anyone. You may disagree with them, you may pray for them, and even try to sway them but shunning is against Christ's message. Which was my point. She put him bring Christian up against who he hung out with to then say he wasn't a Christian.

Quote:
It was a direct comparison, except in Obamaland.
No, it was not. I am an Independent voting for Barr, former Repbulican atheist female. Why in hell would I call him Jesus? Please don't take what I said out of context by not looking at who I said it to or why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
You are off topic...... But she has 29,000 employees.
Sounds like big government run amok. As a "maverick" she should fire a few thousand of those employees living off the tax payers' teat.

Charlotte, NC, a city with as many people as the entire state of Alaska seems to be able to run things with just a fraction of the employees.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,370,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Careful, this post comes close to reeking of racism. You don't want anyone to think your a racist. I'm sure you realize that there are as many Democrats you are educated as there are Republicans. I'm sure you know that blacks, even those that live in Harlem, have educations. I'm sure you don't look at Obama as a black man you don't want to be POTUS because he's black but as a man whose ideologies you don't agree with.

Right Diane? Your not a racist?
No, not a racist. I've always had black friends, still do. I don't look at Obama as a black man, i look at him as an Arab. A black American I would have no problem with but it was Arabs that killed my friends in the trade center.
I used to live in the NY/NJ area.

Diane G

Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
No, not a racist. I've always had black friends, still do. I don't look at Obama as a black man, i look at him as an Arab. A black American I would have no problem with but it was Arabs that killed my friends in the trade center.

Diane G
Way to say you're not a racist then make a big whooping racist statement. All Arabs are responsible for killing my friends. Geesh.

Oh and usually the first clue that someone is racist is when they quickly say, I have friends of a different race. Eg: black friends in your case.

If I remember right, you've said you're a teacher right? Would you pm me your county so I can make certain my children never attend because this is not the first time you've made such statements and frankly I don't want you teaching my children your ignorance.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,676 times
Quote:

Diane G
I am sorry you lost your friends, but it has nothing to do with Obama.
But let me tell you something I do not like..
It was a wingnut right christian who was trained by Norm Oslen who killed my infant cousin and my friends in the Oklahoma City Bombing. His name was Timothy McVeigh, his mentor was Rev Norman Olsen of the Michigan Militia. Mrs. Palin supports AIP, who's member included her husband and Norm Olsen. Aip is anti American Militia Terrorist Group parading as a Political Party. Who was sponsored by IRAN to succeed Alaska from the USA.

Alaskan Independence Party: The Last Refuge of a Scoundrel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr/alask...

In 2004, America's malleable mainstream media allowed itself to be manipulated by artful Republican operatives into devoting weeks of broadcast attention and drums of ink to unfairly desecrating John Kerry's genuine Vietnam heroics while obligingly muzzling serious discussion of George W. Bush's shameful wartime record of evasion and cowardice.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-25-2008 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: possible copyright violation

Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:

Diane G
Only 11/15 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's. You know the guys with the oil, the one's that Bush walks hand in hand with?

So, now that that's been cleared up, you can maybe look at Obama as a man, not a black man, not an Arab, but just a man?

And, by the way, we all lost someone on 9/11. We don't all hate.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 10-24-2008 at 10:22 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,642,133 times
Quote:

Diane G
I suppose you can look at Obama as an Arab, if you want.

It really doesn't dovetail all that well with the other conspiracy theories that he was really born in Kenya, but why let conflicting and false stories get in the way of a good bit of fear mongering.

How far back does your guilt by association go, by the way? Do you have problems with Germans or Japanese? (WWII) What about Caucasians of Irish descent? (Oklahoma City) Perhaps you just won't trust wealthy people. (Cigarette company executives, who knowingly killed many many people)

So, you hold being Arab against Obama, though he is not an Arab, because some Arabs did something that hurt your friends.

Are you responsible for the deaths of people in Iraq? Should the Iraqis hold you responsible and resent you? You, at least, are of the same nationality as those who've killed or commanded the killing of Iraqis - many more Iraqis than the Saudis killed Americans.

And no, Diane, I am not making light of the deaths of folks in the attack on the twin towers - I am decrying the mockery of their deaths - mockery done by violating the principles upon which this country is based, including that people are not guilty by association, people are free to worship in their own faith, and people shall not be discriminated against for their religious beliefs or national origin - let alone for a national origin or religion that is not even theirs.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I suppose you can look at Obama as an Arab, if you want.

It really doesn't dovetail all that well with the other conspiracy theories that he was really born in Kenya, but why let conflicting and false stories get in the way of a good bit of fear mongering.

How far back does your guilt by association go, by the way? Do you have problems with Germans or Japanese? (WWII) What about Caucasians of Irish descent? (Oklahoma City) Perhaps you just won't trust wealthy people. (Cigarette company executives, who knowingly killed many many people)

So, you hold being Arab against Obama, though he is not an Arab, because some Arabs did something that hurt your friends.

Are you responsible for the deaths of people in Iraq? Should the Iraqis hold you responsible and resent you? You, at least, are of the same nationality as those who've killed or commanded the killing of Iraqis - many more Iraqis than the Saudis killed Americans.

And no, Diane, I am not making light of the deaths of folks in the attack on the twin towers - I am decrying the mockery of their deaths - mockery done by violating the principles upon which this country is based, including that people are not guilty by association, people are free to worship in their own faith, and people shall not be discriminated against for their religious beliefs or national origin - let alone for a national origin or religion that is not even theirs.
Gotta spread the love before I can rep you but KUDOS!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This is very very interesting to say the least! And very scary.

An Examination of Obama’s Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches:

THE EVIDENCE IS HERE:

This document contains over 60 pages of evidence
and analysis proving Barack Obama’s use of a little-known and highly deceptive and manipulative form of “hack” hypnosis on millions of unaware Americans, and reveals what only a few psychologists and hypnosis/NLP experts know.

Barack Obama’s speeches contain the hypnosis techniques of Dr. Milton Erickson, M.D. who developed a form of “conversational” hypnosis that could be hidden in seemingly normal speech and used on patients
without their knowledge for therapy purposes.

Obama’s speeches intentionally contain:

- Trance Inductions
- Hypnotic Anchoring
- Pacing and Leading
- Pacing, Distraction and Utilization
- Critical Factor Bypass
- Stacking Language Patterns
- Preprogrammed Response Adaptation
- Linking Statements/ Causality Bridges
- Secondary Hidden Meanings/Imbedded
Suggestions
- Emotion Transfer
- Non-Dominant Hemisphere Programming

Obama’s techniques are the height of deception and psychological manipulation, remaining hidden because one must understand the science behind the language patterns in order to spot them.

This document examines Obama’s speeches word by word, hand gesture by hand gesture, tone, pauses, body language, and proves his use of covert hypnosis intended only for licensed therapists on consenting patients.

Obama’s mesmerized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because “Obama is the greatest leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who magically “inspires” by giving
speeches. Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.

Obama is not just using subliminal messages, but textbook covert hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming techniques on audiences that are intentionally designed to sideline rational judgment and implant
subconscious commands to think he is wonderful and elect him President.
Obama is eloquent.
However, Obama’s subconscious techniques are shown to elicit powerful emotion from his audience and then transfer those emotions onto him, to sideline rational judgment, and implant hypnotic commands that
we are unaware of and can’t even consciously question.

To many people who see this unaccomplished man’s
unnatural and irrational rise to the highest office in the world as suspicious and frightening and to those who welcome it, this document uncovers, explains, and proves the deceptive tactics behind true “Obama
Phenomenon” including why younger people are more easily affected

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/...a_Hypnosis.pdf

This post is very obviously a joke - right? No one could take what you are stating seriously... not unless they were drunk or high on crack cocaine...

Are you also going to say he is the Anti-Christ and that he has a birthmark in the shape of '666'???

Wow - amazing.... If you are anything like a typical McCain supporter, then Obama is going to win in an even bigger landslide than I thought!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,464 times
We've officially reached the bottom of the barrel with this thread. Actually, we went through the bottom of it we're digging into the earth, hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections