Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes, blacks can still complain about racism 47 63.51%
No, blacks cannot complain about racism 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Yes. Absolutely. It started before he was even elected, and has been non-stop. But, like I said in another post, it didn't start with GWB and it won't end with Obama.

Sad truth is, you Bush Bashers are in for a long 4 years. Payback is going to be a b***h. It has already started with Obama - this citizenship issue, etc - and it IS going to go on for as long as Obama is President.
I'd rather go through the next four (eight!) years than the last eight.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,909 times
JDub, I assume he was thrilled that there was a thread that allowed him to slam blacks and doesn't think any white slamming should mix with the black slamming.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
JDub, I assume he was thrilled that there was a thread that allowed him to slam blacks and doesn't think any white slamming should mix with the black slamming.
You betcha

Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I'd rather go through the next four (eight!) years than the last eight.
And your point - other than exposing your blind Bush hatred - is what?

I don't care to repeat the last 8 years either. But I have no particular hatred behind it.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
...and a lot of stupid is a dangerous thing too.

I was talking SPECIFICALLY about the vitriol aimed at sitting Presidents. And I was saying that I did not personally witness it with LBJ because that was before my time.

READ before you post crap like this. You're only embarrassing yourself!
I really don't give a rats derriere regarding what you where talking about, what got my attention the information that your conversation because it reveals that your age and lack of experience tells me that with regards to this subject your opinion is based solely upon speak your own prejudice and limited academic and worldly experiences.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm sure she is referring to the title of the thread. Why are blacks being singled out simply because we finally have a black POTUS?

I believe Pirate Girl's point is that white people have had 43 POTUS' and many of them are still on welfare and living in poverty 200 years later. Why would anyone think that one black POTUS will or even should equal massive changes in the live of all black people as opposed to all Americans?

At the end of the day, not only is this post offensive, but also blatantly ignorant and racist.
Look, the title of this thread - and topic - is about BLACKS and whether they do or don't have a reason to complain about racism. If you don't like it, don't read it.

And stop with the stupid personal attacks. All that shows is that you're feeling and not thinking.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:55 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,909 times
Quote:
Ummmm... You haven't, nor will you, see me personally attacking Obama. I didn't vote for him, but I have no reason to stoop to the level that the Bush-haters troll around on.

You've already managed to delve way below the Bush haters with you offensive posts here. Is there a reason you can't participate without calling people names? Perhaps if you tried your posts would stop being deleted and moderated.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,752 times
I have often found that the people who display racist tendencies, are the ones who are most likely to complain about black people playing the race card. Basically, they don't want to be called out.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
I would have to concur and also point out that most Blacks, including myself, don't know what the he** people are talking about when they keep bringnig up this race card. I don't have a card in my pocket that I can pull out when things don't go my way. The same people that scream about Blacks using the race card are probably the same people that will deny that Blacks could be qualified for a job without affirmative action.

Sometimes race does play a factor in how you are treated, and if that is the case, then I have every right to bring it up in my daily course of living but bringing it up and acknowledging that it has played a part in something is totally different then playing a race card for some kind of imagined advantage. Victim role is totally out but I am sure it is okay for someone to "claim" that they did not get a job because they had to give it to a Black person or they did not get into a certain school because a Black person had to be enrolled. The same way someone wants me to take responsibility for what I don't achieve in this life and what I don't get, is the same way that I would want them to stop using the I'm the Victim of Affirmative Action Card, which is used just as much as the "race" card, IMO.

End of Rant

Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I have often found that the people who display racist tendencies, are the ones who are most likely to complain about black people playing the race card. Basically, they don't want to be called out.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
And I've found that a lot of blacks believe they CANNOT be racists, even though they're incredibly racist.

So what's your point?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Indeed they don't. Thus the defensive posturing/reflex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections