Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
There's nothing anyone could ever say and nothing that Obama could ever do to get you over your hatred.

That's sad. Really sad.

But go ahead. Enjoy your anger.
Of course anyone who would question Obama must be filled with hatred

Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Cool Lies and the lying liars who tell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Maybe because there was no "lying to go to war."

Which planet have you been stranded on for the past seven years?

Because here on earth, someone did a lot of lying to get us into an unnecessary war. And in the process, he's destroyed his political party, too.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Or skepticism,

Look at the crowd of criminals he brought himself up with.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post

Anyone who throws patently lame insults on internet forums is likely to.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Quote:
Anyone who throws patently lame insults on internet forums is likely to.
Where was the insult in the question? The man's going to be poresident. We all get that, and most of us, - certainly I do - hope he does well for us as a nation. But there have been many, not just on this forum, but out in the real world as well, who joyously claim that he's going to be a GREAT President, the best thing to happen to america in decades, generations even. OK, they may end up being right, but some of us are curious, because we haven't seen anything that makes us feel the same way. How is it an insult to ask you who think so adoringly of the man to tell the rest of us exactly why you do so? Is it because his outlook on life is similar to yours? Is it because you agree with his general philosophy on government, (which seems to me to be that the more control government takes, the better the country will be,)? And if the answer is "Oh, it's just a gut feeling," well, that's fine. But we're interested in knowing. It's a question, not an insult.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Where was the insult in the question? The man's going to be poresident. We all get that, and most of us, - certainly I do - hope he does well for us as a nation. But there have been many, not just on this forum, but out in the real world as well, who joyously claim that he's going to be a GREAT President, the best thing to happen to america in decades, generations even. OK, they may end up being right, but some of us are curious, because we haven't seen anything that makes us feel the same way. How is it an insult to ask you who think so adoringly of the man to tell the rest of us exactly why you do so? Is it because his outlook on life is similar to yours? Is it because you agree with his general philosophy on government, (which seems to me to be that the more control government takes, the better the country will be,)? And if the answer is "Oh, it's just a gut feeling," well, that's fine. But we're interested in knowing. It's a question, not an insult.
But you have to remember that when it comes to NObama, the so called "Tollerant" liberals suddenly show thier true colors.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
How is it an insult to ask you who think so adoringly of the man to tell the rest of us exactly why you do so?
Just guessing here, but I suspect people are simply tired of being asked this question because it's been asked and answered repeatedly.

It's just like the kids in the car who can't stop whining:
"Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
How 'bout now?
Are we there yet?
Well, are we there YET?"

At first you answer, but if they keep it up pretty soon you just want to smack 'em!

When kids keep asking "are we there yet" over and over what they really want is to make sure mom and dad know they're unhappy. Same thing's going on in this situation. IMO.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Just guessing here, but I suspect people are simply tired of being asked this question because it's been asked and answered repeatedly.

It's just like the kids in the car who can't stop whining:
"Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
How 'bout now?
Are we there yet?
Well, are we there YET?"
At first you answer, but if they keep it up pretty soon you just want to smack 'em!

When kids keep asking "are we there yet" over and over what they really want is to make sure mom and dad know they're unhappy. Same thing's going on in this situation. IMO.

Well said.

At this point, anyone still claiming that they don't know anything about Obama or his record is simply playing dumb.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Well said.

At this point, anyone still claiming that they don't know anything about Obama or his record is simply playing dumb.

...or brainwashed by the MSM

Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I am refering of course to Barak Obama. Can someon please tell me what he has done that makes you so sure he is going to be a great President?
Too many people now see Bush's face on the stamp of the Republican party. They all got caught up in the 'change' wave. I don't think they neccesarily voted for Obama as much as they voted against Bush, which is stupid because he wasn't even on the ticket. In other words, instead of voting based on their convictions, beliefs, values, etc., they just voted as anti-Bush as they could.

I personally stuck with my values when I voted and my candidate didn't make the final cut, so I voted against Obama, not actually for McCain. Though I lean left on some social issues that I feel strongly about, I felt the safety and financial security of this country was the most important thing at the moment. Had we been in a time of peace with no terrorists out there drooling at the thought of bombing us again and our financial house of cards was in order, I may have voted Dem.

I'm actually very concerned with where the next 4 years will take us. I hope very strongly that I'm wrong and that Obama turns out to be a phenomenal Prez and get this country's financial mess cleaned up, and not by taking my tax dollars to bail out failing businesses. I hope he keeps us safe in very turbulent times. I hope a lot of things when it comes to him......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections