Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Theses threads get more insane by the day!! Now white folks (on CD) want "white day"..LOL!!! They want Obama to recognize his "white" side while using his name "especially the middle" against him? Are you kidding me? Are whites ( on CD) feeling left out or something? On one of the few occassions in American History when African-Americans can stand up and enjoy themselves and embrace a leader who shares there ethnic background, white's (on this board) want some face time. You've had about 500+ years to bask in your own glory so back up and give us our day or two. It wont hurt. Join in with us, most whites, greens, browns and whatever race of people in this country have because this election has been an inspiration to all. And to the OP, you can never ever ever use the term "playing the race card". You played it out with this thread.

I hope everybody enjoys the the ceremony tommorrow. I just returned from the steps of the Capitol and the atmosphere is FANTASTIC. People from all walks of life braving the cold to grasp a little bit of history. I will remember today and tommorrow forever.
Agree - the "War on Christmas" threads are similar. "I only have 98% of the cookie, WAAAHHHH!"

How great that you're in DC for the inaguration. We'll be watching for you on TV, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Caucasians don't have heritage to celebrate, silly.<

BO has ancestors:
Edward I, King of England

William the Lion, King of Scotland

NOONE of any significant importance at all!
King of Scotland? Would that make him related to the 'Last King of Scotland', Idi Amin? If so, I'm gettin out while the gittin's good.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Default Your post is funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Untrue. Electing an incompetent man for the wrong reason is an insult to me. And you, but you're too much of a sheep to notice.
That's how Democrats and some Republicans viewed Bush. LOL @ you calling someone a sheep.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Agree - the "War on Christmas" threads are similar. "I only have 98% of the cookie, WAAAHHHH!"

How great that you're in DC for the inaguration. We'll be watching for you on TV, lol
I'll be the guy smiling

Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
ps - i suppose that a white history month would at least get a month with at least 30 days.

lol

Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I'll be the guy smiling
you'll really stand out then!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
Quote:
For 355 years, America, has never for one second, considered a descendant of African slaves as being half white, or multi-racial despite the fact that throughout that time their have been literally millions of children born to both Africans and Europeans. And in each and every one of those births, either by law or by social norms, those children were considered, colored, negro or black and no one ever gave a second of thought about those children losing their white ethnic identity. In point of fact, everything instrument of society did it's damnedest to make sure that they DIDn't identity with the persons of European heritage. So, I find this more recent effort of European Americans to reach out an claim one of the bastard children quite fascinating.
Wow, blinding post. Absolutely agree...

I asked that in another thread.... "Why now"??

Old 01-20-2009, 03:39 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
For 355 years, America, has never for one second, considered a descendant of African slaves as being half white, or multi-racial despite the fact that throughout that time their have been literally millions of children born to both Africans and Europeans. And in each and every one of those births, either by law or by social norms, those children were considered, colored, negro or black and no one ever gave a second of thought about those children losing their white ethnic identity. In point of fact, everything instrument of society did it's damnedest to make sure that they DIDn't identity with the persons of European heritage. So, I find this more recent effort of European Americans to reach out an claim one of the bastard children quite fascinating.
Well said. What I have reiterated several times. I think if anyone is in doubt they ought to remember this, there was a time in history that he could have been "owned" by any one of the former Presidents.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 AM

253 posts, read 1,055,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Wow, I can believe that I actually agree with O'Donnie but it's a great Idea! We can have a month set aside to honor the history of whites in America good and bad. Finally whites will get credit for putting a man on the Moon and we can celebrate that white accomplishment. But I don't think we should stop there. I think we should have a white Miss America pageant and a white Image Award for outstanding whites too. We could teach school children how white males have accomplished wonderful things in spite of government affirmative action programs that are geared to depriving white males of equal opportunities. Of course we will have to keep things fair so February's Black History month will have to now include atrocities committed by blacks against other groups. Fair's fair.
LOL!! Great way to put this into perspective with how ridiculous that all is and so unnecessary.

I guess I am always extremely puzzled as to why so many just do not understand why a white pageant, a white TV channel, a white fashion magazine or a white achievement ceremony is NOT needed because we by default already have these things and celebrate that. What's so hard to understand about this?? I don't get it.

Although sexual orientation and race issues aren't exactly same for a variety of reason, it's like heterosexual people asking for straight magazines, straight TV shows and straight awards ceremonies just because they see some things catering to gays. Why do so many not understand a need for a minority group to have some social facets that help to represent them and make them feel acknowledged and appreciated? Doesn't mean they don't want to be seen as individuals (quite the contrary) but based on the common perception of black being a negative thing...would it NOT make sense to establish some institutions, organizations and forms of media that present a positive and INCLUSIVE image?

Again why is that so extremely difficult to comprehend by many? What's with the defensiveness and posturing every time this issue comes up? It's not advanced quantum physics or rocket science people.

Last edited by AsymptoticFaery; 01-20-2009 at 06:18 AM..

Old 01-20-2009, 01:06 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
Yes, it is quite comical.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections