Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Being respectful is a fools game for liberals to play. It's not in the nature of most right wingers today to even contemplate "compromise". Being nice is a sign of weakness.

Sadly, you just have to fight fire with fire because that's what know-nothing ignorant American voters go by. They understand ridicule, they don't understand slightly complicated issue. They are too lazy and apathetic to do the research.
The worst thing about this post is the fact that if YOUR argument was the right way - the only way - you would not need to make personal attacks. Your point of view should speak for itself, making crude remarks will lessen the chances that any of us will ever take you seriously...

The fact that you would rather attack people, as opposed to policy, is rather disturbing...

Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The OP is not a "right winger". I think he makes good points. There is a place for spirited debate on this forum. But I am really tired of comments like "where were YOU 8 years ago?", etc on this forum. None of us was on this forum 8 years ago. It's time to be more respectful.
You must be joking...this after what you just posted to me in another thread. You and the OP are disingenuous at best.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
You must be joking...this after what you just posted to me in another thread. You and the OP are disingenuous at best.
Disagreeing with someone is disrespectful? I did not call you names, attack your character, etc.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The worst thing about this post is the fact that if YOUR argument was the right way - the only way - you would not need to make personal attacks. Your point of view should speak for itself, making crude remarks will lessen the chances that any of us will ever take you seriously...

The fact that you would rather attack people, as opposed to policy, is rather disturbing...

I've posted more links to objective news sources and government reports than almost any poster here.....I back up my arguments...And just don't tolerate crappe from ignorant right wingers.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Really? I would like to read from some of these 'objective' news sources. How about an example? Most of what I see is a) misleading topic titles b) never returning to a topic, unless you wish to mention something about Europe or c) to hate monger.

Search yourself. Nobody is stopping you. ...LOL

Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Search yourself. Nobody is stopping you. ...LOL
Hey if you can't back up what you say... It isn't like I asked you to walk down the isle..

Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Too bad you didn't call for Kumbaya anytime in the last 8 years.
Few of us, if any, were in a Kumbaya mood then. Things have changed.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Anytime anyone suggests, Why can't we all get along - usually ends up in few getting along.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
The dems/libs for the last 8 years have engaged in the most vile attacks against Pres Bush and conservatives - now all of a sudden it's time to be civil, kind and tolerant?

I think not.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I am deeply concerned about the state of our nation because of the economic meltdown and the continued drop in the market yesterday.

On this forum, we argue about the president's birth certificate, who is at fault for the economic crisis (Republicans or Democrats), whether McCain or Obama should have been elected, whether the Republican or Democratic Congress is better or worse than the other.

Folks, we are in deep trouble. It is time to drop all of this crap and work together with our elected leaders or our country is gone. China owns us right now. We can fight, argue, disagree, and become angry, but the bottom line is that if we don't get over this rancorous bickering and work together to solve this crisis, the United States will be destroyed--not by political ideology--but by the economic problems caused by this depression. I am not calling it a recession any more. It has gone beyond that.

Read about the problems in Florida in this week's New Yorker. It is scary. The discussions as to how the problems got to the point they did are frightening. We have been led to this point by greedy corporations, greedy politicians--from both parties, and dishonest business people. We need to be discussing how we can help Congress and the President get things under control and make this country start moving forward again, or we are doomed.
Nice try! Sorry it didn't work.

You do get a pat on the back for bravery against all odds!!!

Now I'll go back to wringing my hands over a President who doesn't wear a jacket.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections