Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I thought Obama was adamant about being like his hero Lincoln and cherished having people with different views working with him?
It would be nice to have your commerce sec. supporting your biggest piece of legislation and Gregg couldn't do that. Why would you have a person on your team that is against your team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
ABC confirms the Census was going to be removed from Commerce.
I think this is just a case of gettin' out while you can.
I think it's a case of cuttin' and runnin'.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
It would be nice to have your commerce sec. supporting your biggest piece of legislation and Gregg couldn't do that. Why would you have a person on your team that is against your team?
THen why would he pick a person who was philosophically opposed to his own plan? Another crappy vetting job by the administration, and a poor job by Gregg to accept it.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think it's a case of cuttin' and runnin'.
And can you blame him for displaying some intelligence???
From things I have read, this is a man with strong opinions...this was never going to work out.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Dear President Obama,
please stop trying to be mr. nice guy by attempting to have the appearance of being bi-partisan.
just pick some good democrats who aren't tax evaders, and you'll do just fine. good bye judge dread, or, whatever your name was!
I'll add a PS.

Prsident Obama,

I voted for a DEMOCRAT in the last election and I expect you to act like one. Appointing someone who is a member of the party that took down America and continues to obstruct any actions that will aid my country is NOT why I voted for you. Surely you can see that repubs do NOT want anything to do with bi-partinship but wish to continue on the same course as their FAILED president .

Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I've seen three different cable news outlets reporting it. No one's recanted. Of course, things like this do take on the "feeding frenzy" mentality so they're probably all using the same source.

The GOP pulled this type of crap in Texas and redrew the congressional district lines to favor Republicans. It stunk then and if the Dems pull a similar stunt NATIONWIDE, it will stink to high heaven.
I agree. I would, however, love to see Texas districts redrawn to eliminate the gerrymandering led by Tom DeLay and the Republicans. Of course, I don't trust the Democrats to redraw them without adding their own form of gerrymandering.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Various opinions and quotes on the Judd withdrawal from Politico.
The Arena - Politico's daily debate with policymakers and opinion shapers | Politico.com

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I thought Obama was adamant about being like his hero Lincoln and cherished having people with different views working with him?
HE is, but when the other side is full of petulant children who worship at the altar of the pleasantly plump Limpbaugh ... well, there you have it.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Various opinions and quotes on the Judd withdrawal from Politico.
The Arena - Politico's daily debate with policymakers and opinion shapers | Politico.com
For example, the only reason Obama wanted Gregg was to replace him with a dem senator. Apparently, commenter doesn't know about the deal made with Lynch. Obama has tried to reach across the aisle and his hand has been slapped. Please no more republican nominations.
I like this quote from Tuborg's link: "Judd Gregg was for the stimulus package before he was against it - asked to be in the cabinet before he asked not to be - was for bipartisanship before he became a partisan all over again --and decided not to run again for reelection. 

For his sake, one would hope he wouldn't change his mind again on that decision."
BTW - It took Clinton three tries before he succeeded in appointing an attorney general.
FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Gregg concedes nomination ‘mistake’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections