Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 AM

511 posts, read 2,476,830 times

Advertisements

John McCain has to be the dumbest man alive for picking Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and she has only held that position for two years. Joe Biden will literally crush Palin in the Vice Presidential debate, she has a firm decision against offshore drilling which could save Americans hundreds possibly thousands of dollars a year on energy cost. She also has admitted she is against abortion. I understand abortion is wrong, but you dont understand what people go through, and the baby also may be conceived in an improper way such as rape. I understand McCain aims to steal Clinton votes, but this woman is no where near Hillary Clinton, who gathered women from both sides of the aisles with her care, compassion, and understanding for both women and men. The women share no similarities on any policies.

Also let's be frank John McCain isn't getting any younger with his 72th birthday this past friday, so in his older age if something happens to him she will assume all duty, and this was a great force behind keeping Clinton from being elected to the democratc ticket so what makes McCain think it will happen for some lady not as experienced as Hillary CLinton herself. Palin has no international experience, she comes from being a mayor of a town with no more than 9,00 people, how can she possibly be the next Vice PResident of the UNited States. John McCain pick puts all the talk about Obama's inexperience to rest. Sarah Palin you're no Hillary Clinton and never will be.

So I formerly present to you President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, President Pro Tem Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State Colin Powell, and House Speaker Nacy Pelosi. O! and let's not forget White House spokesperson Oprah Winfrey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
Joe Biden will literally crush Palin in the Vice Presidential debate, this woman is no where near Hillary Clinton, who gathered women from both sides of the aisles with her care, compassion, and understanding for both women and men. The women share no similarities on any policies.

Also let's be frank John McCain isn't getting any younger with his 72th birthday this past friday, so in his older age if something happens to him she will assume all duty, and this was a great force behind keeping Clinton from being elected to the democratc ticket so what makes McCain think it will happen for some lady not as experienced as Hillary CLinton herself. Palin has no international experience, she comes from being a mayor of a town with no more than 9,00 people, how can she possibly be the next Vice PResident of the UNited States. John McCain pick puts all the talk about Obama's inexperience to rest. Sarah Palin you're no Hillary Clinton and never will be.

So I formerly present to you President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, President Pro Tem Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State Colin Powell, and House Speaker Nacy Pelosi. O! and let's not forget White House spokesperson Oprah Winfrey.
Please!............What makes Hitlery Clintoon so experienced? Eight years of being first lady, taking care of the cover up duties for all of the Clintoons various scandals? Palin has EXECUTIVE experience, something even your boy Barry cannot claim. The VP spot on the repub ticket has more experience, than the number one spot on the Dim ticket.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:20 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,142,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post

LOLOLOL - With all of those personalities?? That's like a ticking time bomb.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:50 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Please!............What makes Hitlery Clintoon so experienced? Eight years of being first lady, taking care of the cover up duties for all of the Clintoons various scandals? Palin has EXECUTIVE experience, something even your boy Barry cannot claim. The VP spot on the repub ticket has more experience, than the number one spot on the Dim ticket.
experience? please. If executive experience trumps everything else, then does that mean McCain is inexperienced?

wait a second... what is this thread doing on this forum?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,836 times
this should be moved to where it belongs.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,911,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
experience? please. If executive experience trumps everything else, then does that mean McCain is inexperienced?

wait a second... what is this thread doing on this forum?
Re, that last question, been wondering the same thing.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 PM

80 posts, read 194,613 times
McCain shot himself in the foot, and I really do not understand why so many people are liking his decision.

Palin has less than half the experience compared to Barack Obama and John McCain...ZERO experience in foreign policy. Two years as governor, before that a mayor and councilwoman of a city of less than 9,000 people? And she's now ready to be vice president of the United States? If McCain thinks so, he's a hypocrite.

A VP must be selected with the mindset of "this person could be president should something happen to the president in office". And if McCain kicks the bucket while in office should he be elected, would people be comfortable with this lady being our president? I'll be damned if they are. Republican or democrat, man or woman, black or white.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:54 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,830 times
Not to mention she left that small town in $20 million dollars worth of debt, which has me wondering what would a town that small need with $20 million dollars.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,142,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
McCain shot himself in the foot, and I really do not understand why so many people are liking his decision.

Palin has less than half the experience compared to Barack Obama and John McCain...ZERO experience in foreign policy. Two years as governor, before that a mayor and councilwoman of a city of less than 9,000 people? And she's now ready to be vice president of the United States? If McCain thinks so, he's a hypocrite.

A VP must be selected with the mindset of "this person could be president should something happen to the president in office". And if McCain kicks the bucket while in office should he be elected, would people be comfortable with this lady being our president? I'll be damned if they are. Republican or democrat, man or woman, black or white.
For the majority of those throwing out negative comments about Palin being VP if McCain kicks the bucket, I seriously doubt you would vote for him if his VP was Palin, Ronald McDonald, the Pope, or Jesus Christ. So, quit worrying about it if you are so confident that Obama/Biden is going to win.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,574 times
Boy that first sentence shouts that someone is very ignorant...
And this is supposed to be an adult forum, odd how some never seem to grow up.
At this point it's any man's game... ok?
Sarah Palin is inexperienced, but being a year as governor is better than anytime in the senate.
Being governor is like being a Mini-president, and that means she does have executive experience. Unlike Barrack who purely has, what? congressional experience...
She excites a few voters, a few Hillary supporters, not that she would win many in the first place.
The democrats are mad because they didn't expect the Republicans to pick her, they had already started smashing Romney.
One could always argue that someone isn't ready to be president, as Mr. Clinton said. whether that be McCain or Barrack, as please don't go on a Childish tangent saying how McCain isn't and how hes dumb. A Republican could easily argue that he was an idiot for not picking Hillary, it would have really strengthened the ticket.... But what did he pick? Another Senator WITHOUT executive experience.
Listen, I'm not a die heart Republican but lets get real the election is not over.
People like Sarah Palin because she is a women, which excites the matters. She is young, and sort of like a Republican Barrack. No one know anything about her, she could be on the Presidential ticket for 2012, which if you haven't noticed I (obviously) hate ( Saracsim for those of you a little blonde :P).
Its like asking why are people liking Barrack so much?
Because he'll bring reform?
Nothing is going to dramatically going to change. Notice how Barrack is already starting to learn being Mr. President is not going to be easy.
At first he said how we need all troops home, and now he is advocating for us to go after Osama.
Prior to his visit to the Middle east, he knew poop. Now he is going to learn, we are not going to withdraw from Iraq anytime soon, even if he become president.
We woould be a fool to do so, Iraq hit Rock bottom and from the bottom one can only go up, which is is going.
I don't hate Barrack, but it is going to take one day too long for him to learn how to be the president. McCain has a better idea, hopfully he will be able to cross party lines which is what gets things done. McCain also isn't too far to the right, the far right hates him. He is experienced in forign policy(which if some of you Haven't noticed Rising Russia, we'll need. Putin will run over Barrack) and he is like best friends with a Jewish Democrat. But Barrack, humph... has the reputation of what? being the Most liberal senator in US history? oh yeah that spells crossing party lines...What is more so, Barrack doesn't have an opinion on anything. Russia in particular, if people don't watch it the Soviet Union will be back under another name...maybe something like Republic of United Commonwealth states.
I will say McCain may not have the best idea in the economy.... I'm open to discussion, although this is the wrong area of the Forum.
20 Million dollars is nothing, its more then most individuals can handle but that is like a 100 dollar bill in the US government. I don't think anyone, including myself, comprehends these numbers they're just a set of repeating integers...
People would complain if we were 50 million in depbt because they can't count the numebr of zeros they see in 3 seconds.
I am open to discussion, but please trying and stop acting like you know the fate of the universe.
turn your rant on how you're scared of this new ominous ticket (which I honestly think Democrats are and SHOULD be scared of) into a discussion, which I am open to but please don't go spouting how stupid someone is until you try the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections