Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
"little Bobby Jindal" what a condescending and almost racist remark. Nobody is taking your talk seriously. Little Bobby certain has you Obama loons riled up though.
"Scuse me, but I heard little Barack Obama speak earlier and I thought little Bobby Jindal was at least as good. I can't help that I'm older than both of them.

If they were a bit older, perhaps I wouldn't be calling them "little" but they are younger so they are what they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Dynamite post, ovcatto! Jindal is a true political lightweight. The GOP appears to be unable to engage in anything but the most simplistic thinking: countering Hillary with Palin, and now Jindal with Obama. How dim do you have to be to think that sex and ethnicity are the "selling points?" The GOP is out of tune, out of touch, out of ideas; their "intellectual base" consisted of Rove and his manipulations, and how much more mistaken could he have been?? Poor Jindal looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

I guarantee you: Where Jindal was offended by the money being spent on the volcano monitoring system, he lost most of 7 states -- those with volcanos. Should we stop monitoring hurricanes too?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:28 AM

568 posts, read 1,478,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
This is the same Barney Frank who stated "its not the size of the stimulus package, but the stimulus in the "package" that counts" ?

The guy is certifiable.

Lmaooooooooooooooooo... Cut him some slack.. we all know he likes the "package".

Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
So with Jindal down who are you going to throw under the bus next?

Maybe you republican goofballs can quit worshipping the unprepared and then when they make jackasses out of themselves (and your party) you cry uncle.

Give me some beef and I'll switch teams. Give me some BS and I'll call BS.

Switching teams won't be necessary. I don't think switching would be a good thing for you. Jindal gave a little rebuttal speech, not a speech accepting the republican nomination. This is just so funny. You all must know Obama has four short years.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:31 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
"Scuse me, but I heard little Barack Obama speak earlier and I thought little Bobby Jindal was at least as good. I can't help that I'm older than both of them.

If they were a bit older, perhaps I wouldn't be calling them "little" but they are younger so they are what they are.

Little does not equate young, it equates smaller than, which is not so good to say.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:31 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"During Katrina, I visited Sheriff Harry Lee, a Democrat and a good friend of mine. When I walked into his makeshift office I'd never seen him so angry. He was yelling into the phone: 'Well, I'm the Sheriff and if you don't like it you can come and arrest me!' I asked him: 'Sheriff, what's got you so mad?' He told me that he had put out a call for volunteers to come with their boats to rescue people who were trapped on their rooftops by the floodwaters."
Ha, yeah the same Sheriff Lee who blocked off his parish to evacuees daring to try to cross into his town for some relief. Had 'em shot at too.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Jindal didn't proclaim "The nation invented the automobile" like some clueless politician just did. It's funny that some are so mesmerized by Obama's celebrity that they are impressed by out-and-out falsehoods.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
I find it so funny that you Obama goofballs are so torn up by a little speech by Bobby Jindal. You all are so threatened by anything and anyone in the Republican party. Why don't you just relax and enjoy your next four years and stop with all of the bashing. Goodness, can't some of you ever just shut up already...lol.
They should feel threatened. Obama makes idiotic statements about "the nation that invented the automobile". Obama is looking more and more like a lightweight. Slick and charming, full of celebrity self-confidence but the world has got to be laughing.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:43 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,420,834 times
I AM SO SICK OF YOU DEMOCRATS TRYING TO PLAY THE RACE CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jindal is not Obama and he is not trying to be Obama. Face it no one wants to be Obama. No one wants to be the president whose approval has fallen from 82% to 58% in just over 30 days!

This is where the GOP is headed-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq-gelZFgg

Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,420,834 times
Quote:
"little Bobby Jindal" what a condescending and almost racist remark. Nobody is taking your talk seriously. Little Bobby certain has you Obama loons riled up though.
Really, "slumdog millionaire" and "little Bobby Jindal". Liberals are always, consistently, over history the most racist and they continue to prove it everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections