Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Sucks to be you, then.
Is that the best you have? I's kep hearding how mush marter yoy kibs is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 01:43 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
How military operations work is not the point.
What's the point then? That it had to be changed from 16 months to 18 months? That's 2 months. Not years, months.

Did Obama stop the withdrawal of troops from Iraq? Nope. I could see your point if that was the case. He just adjusted the date by a whopping 2 months.
Quote:
From the Jan. 20 start of his presidency to his deadline for ending the combat mission, Obama has settled on a 19-month withdrawal. He had promised the faster pace of 16 months during his campaign but also said he would confer with military commanders on a responsible exit.

Officials said Thursday that the timetable Obama ultimately selected was the recommendation of all the key principals — including Gates and Mullen. The timeline was settled on as the one that would best manage security risks without jeopardizing the gains of recent months.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Is that the best you have? I's kep hearding how mush marter yoy kibs is!

Back at you, comedian of the year. Your analogy of McCain not winning because not enough people liked him was brilliant, though.

You must have been Gee Durrrbya's speechified writter.

Keep up the good work, Sarah Palin needs a tutor to tell her where Russia is.

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-27-2009 at 01:55 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Back at you, comedian of the year. Your analogy of McCain not winning because not enough people liked him was brilliant, though.

You must have been Gee Durrrbya's speecified writter.

Keep up the good work, Sarah Palin needs a tutor to tell her where Russia is.
How did Sarah get into this?

I'm sure she knows where Russia is without my help.

Did you like Obamas speech the other night?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Could have been an interesting thread... Oh well.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What's the point then? That it had to be changed from 16 months to 18 months? That's 2 months. Not years, months.

Did Obama stop the withdrawal of troops from Iraq? Nope. I could see your point if that was the case. He just adjusted the date by a whopping 2 months.
I'm just using the same logic you would have used had it been Bush. And don't tell me you would not have.

And I use "you" as a democrat.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
How did Sarah get into this?

Well, you mentioned I thought I was smarter than you, and I thought immediately of sarah Palin.
I'm sure she know where Russia is without my help.

I'm sure Sarah's daughter gave her a map with little stickies on it, and a notation "Russia is Here."

Did you like Obamas speech the other night?
Actually, yes, I did. Pelosi was a little distracting though.

Jindall on the other hand.....Deer in the headlights comes to mind.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Could have been an interesting thread... Oh well.
Agreed...

Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
I'm just using the same logic you would have used had it been Bush. And don't tell me you would not have.

And I use "you" as a democrat.
Well, "you" don't know me. I look at the big picture, not just D v. R. Your argument is basically "MOM - HE DID IT FIRST!". So you basically cannot come up with anything to support your claim that Obama is not holding up to his end of the bargain... you're just against anything he does.

If I don't agree with something Obama proposes, I'm not going to agree with it simply because he is Obama. For example, I did not agree with the way he voted on FISA. This 2 month thing, however, is nitpicking. He is still following through with his pledge to withdraw the troops.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
BO would look the other way just like Clinton would have.

I love calling BO by his initials. It has such a fragrant aura about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections