Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
YapCity -

Hillary simply isn't electable. Too many people hate her too much. It doesn't have to make sense - that's just the way it is.

Obama is awfully likeable, but I think it'll simply be his lack of experience that ends his candidacy.

So I don't know who's going to end up with the nomination. But I sure like everything I've heard about Bill Richardson.
I don't know about that one. Hillary is definitely a player.

Richardson? Ok, that MIGHT get a McCain vote from me, which is the equivalent of a kidney. From what I'm seeing that man is in the wrong party.

I tell ya what though, I'm starting to like this Ron Paul guy more and more. It's too bad he has no shot, so I have to vote for a possible winner.

~T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 03:44 PM

206 posts, read 938,891 times
Welcome to the left YapCity!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,504,271 times
Can someone please explain to me what gay marriage has to do with running a nation?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:52 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,120 times
Frankly, I'm tired of BOTH 'sides.' Everybody knows what's best. You're either for or against. No middle ground. No compromise. The closer people get to the end of the spectrum, the more belligerent they get.

Where, oh where, is the silent majority?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:53 PM

793 posts, read 3,122,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
That was how many years ago?

...and it's not even so much the legal precedent, as it is the people overturning it.

I don't want anyone from that administration overturning anything, period, end of story. This is not the time for that sort of nonsense, and they certainly aren't the people to do it. What they're doing is spreading their stench around like a dog in a fire hydrant factory so when they are FINALLY KICKED OUT of office their disastrous ideals will be upheld.

{{{{{{{{{Hillary 2008}}}}}}}}}

~T

First it is "legal precedent", now it isn't. If your pro-choice, just say it. It's okay. I'm not going to condemn you, though I feel differently. But the type of rationale you mention for voting Hillary Clinton as the next leader of the United States is quite frankly not a reason what so ever. The best I can make from that diatribe is that you want a president that will given the opportunity, will appoint Supreme Court justices your views align with, particularly those who will uphold Roe vs Wade. Am I wrong?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:56 PM

793 posts, read 3,122,159 times
Quote:
I don't know about that one. Hillary is definitely a player.

Richardson? Ok, that MIGHT get a McCain vote from me, which is the equivalent of a kidney. From what I'm seeing that man is in the wrong party.

I tell ya what though, I'm starting to like this Ron Paul guy more and more. It's too bad he has no shot, so I have to vote for a possible winner.

~T

I'm praying Hillary gets the Democratic nomination. Zero chance she gets elected: nada, zilch. I'm surprised actually she even leads Obama at this stage in all the polls. Obama would have a shot.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
I'm praying Hillary gets the Democratic nomination. Zero chance she gets elected: nada, zilch. I'm surprised actually she even leads Obama at this stage in all the polls. Obama would have a shot.

I always bet on black, but not when I'm at the table with rural white Americans

We'll see come primary time. I'd vote for Obama, in a heartbeat, but I still think he trails Hillary in 08. Campaign dollars don't always equate to votes.

~T

Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
First it is "legal precedent", now it isn't. If your pro-choice, just say it. It's okay. I'm not going to condemn you, though I feel differently. But the type of rationale you mention for voting Hillary Clinton as the next leader of the United States is quite frankly not a reason what so ever. The best I can make from that diatribe is that you want a president that will given the opportunity, will appoint Supreme Court justices your views align with, particularly those who will uphold Roe vs Wade. Am I wrong?
No, it is legal precedent, but much more so the people overturning it.

...and it's not just that. It's all of it. I've been getting pushed further and further left with every piece of news that oozes from Washington.

This was just the last straw.

~T
{{{{{{{{{Hillary 2008}}}}}}}}}

Old 04-20-2007, 04:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Post well-

Quote:
I always bet on black, but not when I'm at the table with rural white Americans

We'll see come primary time. I'd vote for Obama, in a heartbeat, but I still think he trails Hillary in 08. Campaign dollars don't always equate to votes.

~T

whoever actually discusses issues gets my vote. This means-no ads about duck-shooting, wind-surfing, spring break flings from 20 years ago. First candidate submitting sound bytes like that is out.

(Of course, I realize in our media trash culture this is probably too lofty a goal.)

sunny

Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
If you think electing one of these phony fat cats like a Hillary or a McCain is going to change this country and improve your life, I've got a hundred acres of viable swamp land I'd like to sell ya for a bargain.

And if you think the current system is going to give anyone other than one of the phony fat cats a realistic chance at election I've got a lovely bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections