Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:58 PM

341 posts, read 1,486,905 times

Advertisements

All the people who say GWB was trying to finish what his daddy didn't..will (if she's *gacks* voted in) be able to say Hillary's trying to finish what her hubby didn't. Which intern do you suppose she'll do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
All the people who say GWB was trying to finish what his daddy didn't..will (if she's *gacks* voted in) be able to say Hillary's trying to finish what her hubby didn't. Which intern do you suppose she'll do?
Okay, granted that was funny, and I got a chuckle (the last sentence)...

But just in case you were serious...George did literally say he was after the people who "tried to kill (his) Daddy", quite a few times. Hillary has made no such assertions.

Also...if Hillary gives a hand job to an intern, lots and lots of people probably won't die.

So, okay. Two differences, then.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
But the Mark Foley debacle is easily swept under the rug?.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I will leave the country if she gets in!
Oh please, the rest of us didn't all jump ship when Bush got in, and in again. Toughen up. That's what I was told at the time. "Hey, the people have spoken. Anyway, how bad could it be?"

(key ominous music)

Old 04-23-2007, 06:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Lightbulb well-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, granted that was funny, and I got a chuckle (the last sentence)...

But just in case you were serious...George did literally say he was after the people who "tried to kill (his) Daddy", quite a few times. Hillary has made no such assertions.

Also...if Hillary gives a hand job to an intern, lots and lots of people probably won't die.

So, okay. Two differences, then.
If she has the power it should be the other way around

and the fact that the conversation goes to this, or what her hair looks like proves that discrimination against women in power still exists.

Good-bye.

sunny

Old 04-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

and the fact that the conversation goes to this, or what her hair looks like proves that discrimination against women in power still exists.

Good-bye.

sunny
Sunny, I don't know about this. ALL politicians tend to be jabbed at for extremely crass things at one time or another. I mean scroll down and you'll see a debate about Rudy in a dress. Many male politicians have been alternately laughed at and rebuffed--graphically--for various escapades. Nor have looks, or even everyday actions, been immune. Remember the entire world laughing at Gerald Ford (poor Ford) tripping over dust motes?

Or all the stuff people used to say about Regan probably calling Nancy "mommy" at home and opening his mouth to receive his nightly pills from her?

I'm a woman but I'm not offended by crass Hillary jokes any more than I'm offended by male politician jokes. They may not be everyone's cup of tea--but all degrees of political satire are an American tradition, one way of blowing off steam.

Don't go away--your input is always appreciated.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
If she has the power it should be the other way around
BWAH HAH, how did I miss this first sentence?

Where's that "laughing" emoticon when you need it...

Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,428 times
why vote for hillary and then go shower when you have Obama who is just as good or in my case just as bad, but without scandal and hasnt proven to be incompetent yet?? you have the option.

I will vote Mitt or Brownback but if Guliani wins I will have to hold my nose and vote for him over any dem candidate

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,817 times
I'm probably way off base here...I really haven't read up on anyone yet. I know who I AM NOT voting for, but haven't really narrowed it down to who I AM voting for yet. I know I will NEVER vote for another Clinton...male, female or otherwise

I haven't heard anyone speak about Fred Thompson yet. I know the liberals won't care for him, but what does everyone think of him?

Ssshhhhhh...gotta joke for ya!

Why is Chelsea Clinton so UGLY?

(because Janet Reno is the father) blah ha ha ha

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
...Which intern do you suppose she'll do?
Any one of them that can help her get MORE of whatever it is she wants THAT DAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections