Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 05:04 AM

150 posts, read 155,782 times

Advertisements

Actually I used to love Bollywood movies like in late 90s-2000s. When a sharukh khan movie uses to come out, I used to tell my dad go run to video shop to buy his new movie. And I was so obsessed with the songs too. I remember every time his movie would release, the songs would be in every party. Now I think Bollywood is starting to go downhill. Nobody even knows the new actors names. And even if sharukh khan stars in a movie, nobody cares.

I remember seeing in an interview that Bollywood is doing so bad that Akshay Kumar was complaining 14 back-to-back movies he has starred in have been flops (even though he is a pretty big star!)

A while ago, I remember talking to a guy who is from Bombay about this. I said that I feel like Bollywood is starting to suck. He said nobody even in India watches that crap now lol. Why do you think it’s starting to suck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 06:02 AM

302 posts, read 176,740 times
It sucks because all the story-lines have been done. And there were so many great movies that it's hard to live up to them with new recycled plots. I think the soaps/serials are still very popular. Also, as internet is widely streamed in Indian homes, there are non-Bolly things to watch such as all these tv apps. Hollywood has also suffered due to the pandemic and people gaining a bad reputation, such as all the sexual assaults by Weinstein. They don't want to watch dishonorable people. But perhaps most of all, the movies just suck.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:56 AM

729 posts, read 532,428 times
I have a hard time getting in to a science fiction Bollywood movie when every ten to fifteen minutes they break out in to massive song and dance,

Old 12-19-2021, 05:34 AM

16 posts, read 13,708 times
In my opinion, Bollywood is going down because of nepotism. All the retired stars started to bring in their sons and daughters, Here the true talent suffers. But things are going well in the south cinema of India.
We saw Bahubali and KGF which were a blockbuster of their time.
Netflix and other VOD platforms have also raised the right talent in the industry and I hope this is the future. No one cares what shahrukh khan or salman khan are doing now a days, people just want good content to stream.

Old 03-28-2022, 04:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,226 times
so is hollywood

Old 04-27-2022, 11:48 PM

28 posts, read 16,522 times
Really. I do not often watch Bollywood movies

Old 05-05-2022, 06:09 AM

6 posts, read 10,338 times
I initially heard the information that Bollywood is a strong parody of Hollywood. But I still had a chance to watch a couple of really interesting Bollywood films. Now these films are reminiscent of hard banter over themselves and has nothing to do with reality and fantasy. All as a collection.

Old 05-21-2022, 02:17 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,928 times
Yeah, I wonder if we'll still see stunt similar to Alludah Majaka including the horse slide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoaogJN_pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdR28ViDMi0

Last edited by Hrw-500; 05-21-2022 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Fixing a typo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts