Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:48 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
A black Doctor Who?...Seriously! fans were actually calling for this (along with casting a Female Doctor). Before the re-launched series was cast.

Too many white actors have played OO7. For the character to suddenly be changed into a black actor. People have just come to expect, that Bond will be played by a reasonably good looking white guy.

That sort of change, may affect the popularity of the franchise?
Honestly, I agree with you, there is no need for a black 007. I'm like why?! lol! I never really thought about it anyway til this thread here and I'm shocked it's still going on lol!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,431,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I'm black and I think Bond should stay white and Shaft should stay black. There's no need to make all these changes to satisfy some people. If there ever was a black Bond, he would not be American.
Well two of the most well loved Bonds weren't even English. Brosnan is Irish and of course Sean Connery is Scottish.

In my opinion there has YET to be a really good ENGLISH Bond.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:37 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,069 times
The only way there will ever be a black Bond is if some black filmmakers make their own version. Hollywood will not support it.

That's why I don't even know why this question came up. We'll do like we've been doing for decades: When the mainstream media ignores us, we'll do it ourselves.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:44 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,210,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
After all, why does James Bond have to be the typical Englishman?
Please tell me you're kidding.

Well wait maybe you're right. In fact I have some more ideas: I think we should have a WW II movie where Hitler is black. Why not? Why does he have to be German? How about a black Santa Claus? OOPS that's right that was already covered years ago....heyyy.....how about a white guy playing MLK? Why not? And why do leprechauns have to be Irish? I'm tired of all this profiling.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Please tell me you're kidding.

Well wait maybe you're right. In fact I have some more ideas: I think we should have a WW II movie where Hitler is black. Why not? Why does he have to be German? How about a black Santa Claus? OOPS that's right that was already covered years ago....heyyy.....how about a white guy playing MLK? Why not? And why do leprechauns have to be Irish? I'm tired of all this profiling.
LOL! Yep, they should lock the thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM

16,665 posts, read 17,428,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Will Shaft ever be white?
Beat me to it!

Poor old Ian Fleming must be wondering what is going on!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 AM

784 posts, read 2,265,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
The only way there will ever be a black Bond is if some black filmmakers make their own version. Hollywood will not support it.

That's why I don't even know why this question came up. We'll do like we've been doing for decades: When the mainstream media ignores us, we'll do it ourselves.

Ahh, poor you,

After all, I can't believe that there not letting black guys be white. How racist a society we have become.

How about if white people ask if there will ever be a white shaft!

That's a stupid question. Let's stop with these rediculous questions that are apparently only geared for one thing.....

Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,069 times
There will be a Black Bond.

As soon as England gets a Black Queen.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,996,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Only b'c some people make it so.

Okay, I'll bite. I'd no more want Bond to be Black, or Asian, or NA, or Mexican, or anything else, than I'd want Shaft to be White or anything else. Some characters, like Shaft and Bond, should just remain as they are b'c that's how they were created and we've fallen in love with them as they are. Could we use more Black heroes and characters who inspire and entertain (without too much gratuitousness, of course) like Shaft and Bond? Of course. I'm all for that. Bring 'em on.
Ok, I'm willing to go along with that. But then what about having a Black "The Bachelor"? Something other than the milky white guy that we always see on those shows.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,829,864 times
I wouldn't doubt it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts