Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 AM

72 posts, read 138,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by istanbulmert View Post
u ridiculous.
tell me about Turkey as u stated that u were in Turkey.
I was in Istanbul and in Alanya ...and theres nothing in TR that can ramind you Europe iam sorry(the same with israel us well...)by the HDI (which in my opinion isnt correct)TR is undeveloped country and i saw it us well when iwas in Turkey(last time this summer..)TR has a concflict with the kurds and occupation in northen cyprus and shares boarders us i said with countries like Iran Iraq and Syria...The main religion is Islam and theres no reason in the world why an Muslim country will be in the EU...over 97% of TR is in Asia....TR is an asian country with asian and islamic culture...it will never be in the EU....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,080,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel19 View Post
I was in Istanbul and in Alanya ...and theres nothing in TR that can ramind you Europe iam sorry(the same with israel us well...)by the HDI (which in my opinion isnt correct)TR is undeveloped country and i saw it us well when iwas in Turkey(last time this summer..)TR has a concflict with the kurds and occupation in northen cyprus and shares boarders us i said with countries like Iran Iraq and Syria...The main religion is Islam and theres no reason in the world why an Muslim country will be in the EU...over 97% of TR is in Asia....TR is an asian country with asian and islamic culture...it will never be in the EU....
who wants to be part of Europe? In the past there was a great support for EU Membership but now it is decreasing and I personally do not want to join in EU.Yes, we are a developing country but In EU There are many countries that they are worse than us in terms of development but yeah thery are christian.
what ever we do for membership of EU we will not be allowed to be member because of the religion.

we are not saying we are europeaners but as u said we are definetly not an asian country. we are Euro-Asian country which has some similarities with both europe and asia(middle eastern countries)

I am very sorry that u cannot find anything in Istanbul or alanya that feel european.
Another time feel free to contact I can show u around

Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
who wants to be part of Europe? In the past there was a great support for EU Membership but now it is decreasing and I personally do not want to join in EU.Yes, we are a developing country but In EU There are many countries that they are worse than us in terms of development but yeah thery are christian.
what ever we do for membership of EU we will not be allowed to be member because of the religion.

we are not saying we are europeaners but as u said we are definetly not an asian country. we are Euro-Asian country which has some similarities with both europe and asia(middle eastern countries)

I am very sorry that u cannot find anything in Istanbul or alanya that feel european.
First of all thank you for your invitation

sadly by the UN HDI (which again in my opinion is not correct because Israel cant ever be in the 16th place!!!over 50% of the country is doing less than 1200EUR a month and prices are very high! for example an 3 rooms apt in central Israel for rent will cost above 850EUR a month!-easily can cost 1000EUR a month and more example an new Mazda 3 car will cost 30,000EUR!in reality IL is about in the 38th-39th place in life quality ...)Turkey is more poorer(90th place)than any EU country .... I was in Romania and it looked better than IST or TR...TR looked to me us an Asian country (maybe you can show me different )Turks in my opinion are Asian people and the political and economical situation in Turkey isn't the best...(like I said from what I saw and from statistics is lower than any EU country) there are some conflicts and its an Islamic country so again I think its not European country...
What can you tell me about Turkey ? what is your opinion ?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel19 View Post
First of all thank you for your invitation

sadly by the UN HDI (which again in my opinion is not correct because Israel cant ever be in the 16th place!!!over 50% of the country is doing less than 1200EUR a month and prices are very high! for example an 3 rooms apt in central Israel for rent will cost above 850EUR a month!-easily can cost 1000EUR a month and more example an new Mazda 3 car will cost 30,000EUR!in reality IL is about in the 38th-39th place in life quality ...)Turkey is more poorer(90th place)than any EU country .... I was in Romania and it looked better than IST or TR...TR looked to me us an Asian country (maybe you can show me different )Turks in my opinion are Asian people and the political and economical situation in Turkey isn't the best...(like I said from what I saw and from statistics is lower than any EU country) there are some conflicts and its an Islamic country so again I think its not European country...
What can you tell me about Turkey ? what is your opinion ?
U have a lot of bias against Turkey so whatever I do tell ya about Turkey It will have no meaning for you.
Last note if You understand one place's development level by looking at rental cost in city centre than let me reclaim one more thing, In Istanbul city centre rental costs are higher than Israil

Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
U have a lot of bias against Turkey so whatever I do tell ya about Turkey It will have no meaning for you.
Last note if You understand one place's development level by looking at rental cost in city centre than let me reclaim one more thing, In Istanbul city centre rental costs are higher than Israil
What I have against Turkey ?! I don't have a thing against TR!
I think that TR is really interesting country... I am only saying that its not an European country or an rich country ...really ?why you think that I have something against TR?
I am really interested about you opinion about your country /city ?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 AM

183 posts, read 295,749 times
when in doubt go for the noise maker
"I think Turkey should focus on getting rid of the nut-job dictator with a very sinister Islamic agenda before the country becomes just like Iran."
hope so in terms of a more organised society (oopsie)
well it used to take generations paradim shifts I mean these days it takes well days so I find your comments a bit harsh but this is a medium of discourse by all means you are entitled to them
about the prime minister well he is a politician first human being later so time will tell if he is succesfull or not this I can say without any reservations though before his tenure some instutions in Turkey were a bit more relaxed in their conduct not as much these days and I find that a good thing

Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,480,941 times
Quote:

Turkey is a unique country. I find it fascinating. I've never been there but have spoken to people that have and they loved it.

To be honest Turkey would have to change tremendously to join the EU and that would mean accepting a person's freedom of choice, freedom of religion, co-habit without being married, same sex relationships, equal treatment of women, freedom of speech. There are a whole raft of other things such as carrying out a lot of rules and regulations dictated from the EU and if you don't they will fine and sanction you.

Turkey is really not ready to join the EU and would require a major mental shift for the people. I think it is an excuse to blame the EU entirely. I think both Turkey and the EU know that it is not possible for Turkey to join the EU for the forseeable future.

The east of Turkey is very Middle-Eastern and very un-European. Turkey is also a very big country with a big population so that would be a factor to look at as well.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Turkey is a unique country. I find it fascinating. I've never been there but have spoken to people that have and they loved it.

To be honest Turkey would have to change tremendously to join the EU and that would mean accepting a person's freedom of choice, freedom of religion, co-habit without being married, same sex relationships, equal treatment of women, freedom of speech. There are a whole raft of other things such as carrying out a lot of rules and regulations dictated from the EU and if you don't they will fine and sanction you.

Turkey is really not ready to join the EU and would require a major mental shift for the people. I think it is an excuse to blame the EU entirely. I think both Turkey and the EU know that it is not possible for Turkey to join the EU for the forseeable future.

The east of Turkey is very Middle-Eastern and very un-European. Turkey is also a very big country with a big population so that would be a factor to look at as well.
You are right. what I mean even we implement what EU wants from us such as freedom of choice and etc we arent allowed to join in Eu because of religion.

Why I dont wanna join in EU is that we dont need EU. We have sources to make our lives much more better, richier etc without joining EU.
what we need to take from EU is what u wrote above
There is no freedom of choice freedom of religion co -hobit without being married same sex marriage freedom of speech.We have to improve ourselves about these issues rather than hoping to become a member of EU in the future.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,480,941 times
Quote:
You are right. what I mean even we implement what EU wants from us such as freedom of choice and etc we arent allowed to join in Eu because of religion.

Why I dont wanna join in EU is that we dont need EU. We have sources to make our lives much more better, richier etc without joining EU.
what we need to take from EU is what u wrote above
There is no freedom of choice freedom of religion co -hobit without being married same sex marriage freedom of speech.We have to improve ourselves about these issues rather than hoping to become a member of EU in the future.
I don't think Turkey needs the EU either. Turkey has a Customs Union with the EU and this gives Turkey preferential treatment as far as trade goes. Joining the EU has some good things and some drawbacks. The thing is if Turkey did give greater freedom to people such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech etc they would be able to join the EU so it is not religion per se.

The Turkish Government would have to be completely secular and be divorced from the Islam religion. People could practice Islam themselves as could Government members but Islam could not be used in the running of the country. I think Turkish people have to get it out of their heads that it is because of Islam they can't join because I think it is more to do with equal right for all no matter what your religion is. Turkey would have to give equal right to Christians, Jews, Atheists and not have preferential treatment for Muslims. Every EU country has to do this.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
The Turkish Government would have to be completely secular and be divorced from the Islam religion. People could practice Islam themselves as could Government members but Islam could not be used in the running of the country. I think Turkish people have to get it out of their heads that it is because of Islam they can't join because I think it is more to do with equal right for all no matter what your religion is. Turkey would have to give equal right to Christians, Jews, Atheists and not have preferential treatment for Muslims. Every EU country has to do this.
I agree with you.Unfortunetly we are becoming more ıslamic country because of our dictator(Prime Minister)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe