Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think you need to stop using the definition "White" and start using "European" instead. Spaniards or Portuguese can be as "brown" as Arabs, but the first ones are Europeans, the latter ones are not.
Spain and Portugal lies in Southern Europe, the region which separates Europe from the Middle-East and North Africa. So the lightest unmixed Arabs "could pass" as Southern Europeans, but as a whole Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians are lighter-complected because they are Whites or Europids. Even the Berbers of North Africa are lighter than Arabs and to a less extent some Persians groups are lighter too. Their noses are bigger than that of an average Europids too.

Last edited by saxonwold; 07-06-2016 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:00 AM

107 posts, read 107,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think you need to stop using the definition "White" and start using "European" instead. Spaniards or Portuguese can be as "brown" as Arabs, but the first ones are Europeans, the latter ones are not.

But he does not even know what he's talking about as he's confusing Arabs with Northafricans, Turks, with Iranians, etc. And he talks as "passing as white" referring to people that were Caucasians and civilized 4.000 years ago and even more. As if they were some light skinned blacks trying to overcome American racial laws!!!

And on top, he's not from a caucasic land, but from a protomongol continent.

I wonder if the education they receive in religious.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:43 AM

Just as some supposedly ethnic Russian giving leassons to Russians from Alma-Ata!!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartufo1 View Post
But he does not even know what he's talking about as he's confusing Arabs with Northafricans, Turks, with Iranians, etc. And he talks as "passing as white" referring to people that were Caucasians and civilized 4.000 years ago and even more. As if they were some light skinned blacks trying to overcome American racial laws!!!

You're hilarious! What education you have? Many of the best research universities are on this side of the world! I say this in response to your unworthy comment! All I meant is this, that Arabs are Caucasoids of the Orientalid branch, not Whites! Whites are from the Europid section of the Caucasoid race. What does civilization have to do with being White? the Ancient Incas, Mayas were highly civilized societies too, but they were not Whites! Ancient Chinese also had very sophisticated civilization and sure weren't Whites.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:

The Caucasoid race is not all Whites, what defines it more precisely is morphology, hair texture and form and so on.

Europid phenotypes (White Caucasoid):
Example (East Europid branch) below:

Example (Nordid branch) below:

Non-White Caucasoid
Orientalid below:

Anatolid

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 AM

As I told you before, all those pseudosciences were discarded as ridiculous decades ago and were replaced by genetics. You probably learned about all such pseudosciences either in some website that caters to certain people that are basically individuals with no formal upper education. Perhaps you were taught in some evanlegical madrazas that do exist in the US.

Anyways, you should discuss native people that live in your vicinity and forget about people that live in other continents. Why don't you talk about the Chicksaws and the Crees that probably are much more related with you and your culture?

Old 07-07-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
As I told you before, all those pseudosciences were discarded as ridiculous decades ago and were replaced by genetics. You probably learned about all such pseudosciences either in some website that caters to certain people that are basically individuals with no formal upper education. Perhaps you were taught in some evanlegical madrazas that do exist in the US.

Anyways, you should discuss native people that live in your vicinity and forget about people that live in other continents. Why don't you talk about the Chicksaws and the Crees that probably are much more related with you and your culture?
What? Who are you to tell me who to discuss? Time to smarten up. Do not confuse phenotype with genotype. I don't even think someone has posted more population genetical studies than I did on these threads. So please give me break! When I am referring to human phenotype (Nordids, etc...), I am not referring to genetics. With genetics, Europeans are easily differentiated from Middle-Easterners! If you want to know more about the indigenous people of the Americas, ask in a civilized manner. Good manners don't hurt.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,120 times
There's 2 types of whites, European white and like levant area white.

This is sad! Europe should stay European!!! Why is it just white countries that need to be diverse? There's no diversity in Asia or Africa? So sad! I hopesomething is done! #KeepEuropeEuropean!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
There's 2 types of whites, European white and like levant area white.

This is sad! Europe should stay European!!! Why is it just white countries that need to be diverse? There's no diversity in Asia or Africa? So sad! I hopesomething is done! #KeepEuropeEuropean!
There is diversity on every continent actually. The Americas are much more diverse than Europe. The world has become a "village". People travel easily from one place to another, thus "wealthier" nations of Europe tend to receive more people migrating from "poorer" nations.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:29 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

Let's see here...

"Genotype versus phenotype. An organism's genotype is the set of genes that it carries. An organism's phenotype is all of its observable characteristics — which are influenced both by its genotype and by the environment."

Genotype versus phenotype

"The genotype–phenotype distinction is drawn in genetics. "Genotype" is an organism's full hereditary information. "Phenotype" is an organism's actual observed properties, such as morphology, development, or behavior.

...The genes contribute to a trait, and the phenotype is the observable expression of the genes (and therefore the genotype that affects the trait). Say a white mouse had the recessive genes that caused the genes that cause the color of the mouse to be inactive (so "cc"). Its genotype would be responsible for its phenotype (the white color)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genoty...pe_distinction

Soo...it's our genetic material that's responsible for our looks ( i.e. "phenotypes".)
It would be logical to guess that ORIGINALLY there were probably fewer "phenotypes" to begin with in the world, and much greater varieties of *phenotypes* ( i.e. "looks") came about as the more intermixing happened because of migrations/conquests/resettlements - that kind of thing.
So the reason why some non-Europeans ( "whites" or not) look close to Europeans, is probably because it's the mixture of Europeans with non-Europeans, and hence - the look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe