Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 05:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

DKM. Take a look at the last paragraph you wrote. As Erasure said, the more things change the more things stay the same. Nothing has changed. Nothing will ever change.

The corruption WILL NEVER go away. It doesn't matter how much Ukrainians protest, how many die in the streets, how many statues of Lenin are toppled, how many years the fascist militias kill fellow Ukrainians in the Donbas, how many mythical armies Russia has on the Ukraines borders. This is all just theatrics to divert the attention of the populace, to confuse and distort them.

The Golden boy has already been told what his job is. He's the figurehead. He will go through all the motions, say all the right things, give Ukrainians hope for a better future. But nothing will ever change.

The real people who run Ukraine will not allow it.

Maybe you are beginning to understand now.

You can say all you want about the corruption in Russia but all I have to say to you is you can be proud that Ukraine is now a Democracy. Sadly there's not enough green stuff in the trough for all the pigs lined up along it.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...ainian-economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 11:04 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Scrat335
Are you Kremlin's propaganda bot?

Old 08-27-2019, 11:41 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
DKM. Take a look at the last paragraph you wrote. As Erasure said, the more things change the more things stay the same. Nothing has changed. Nothing will ever change.

The corruption WILL NEVER go away. It doesn't matter how much Ukrainians protest, how many die in the streets, how many statues of Lenin are toppled, how many years the fascist militias kill fellow Ukrainians in the Donbas, how many mythical armies Russia has on the Ukraines borders. This is all just theatrics to divert the attention of the populace, to confuse and distort them.

The Golden boy has already been told what his job is. He's the figurehead. He will go through all the motions, say all the right things, give Ukrainians hope for a better future. But nothing will ever change.

The real people who run Ukraine will not allow it.

Maybe you are beginning to understand now.

You can say all you want about the corruption in Russia but all I have to say to you is you can be proud that Ukraine is now a Democracy. Sadly there's not enough green stuff in the trough for all the pigs lined up along it.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...ainian-economy
The guy who was just elected has an extensive anti-corruption program to enact. His government starts work next week. There are a LOT of things they can do to reduce corruption, its a matter of making these things law in a parliament that (was/is?) beholden to corrupt interests.

You say that corruption cannot be changed but you quote an article that explains the 3 big things that need to happen to reduce corruption. Ze was elected by saying he will do these same 3 things. But he needs his parliament to change the laws and in a real democracy that takes time (they haven't even started yet).

I suppose if he does these 3 things you will come on here and admit you were wrong? Or you didn't realize you quoted the article which gets right to the point of Ukraine's current problems. I have my doubts he will pull all 3 of these off, but even if only 2 happen that should help a lot.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:02 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The more you are trying to create this image that Ukraine is a failed state, the more you are trying to show its failing "without Russia", the more desperate it looks.

It's not me who is "trying to create the image."
It's Ze's new team that's trying to come up with "new and positive image of Ukrainian state," after the one created after the 2014 coup d'etat failed miserably.
That's where all this silly "pure white clothing of innocence" during the show "of independence" comes in place, and this silly women in white garbs with some ridiculous "white dove" wings on her head becomes the centerpiece of that show. That's where Ze's speeches about "two hijacked children" (referral to Crimea and Donbass) are coming into place. And how those "dear lost children" are going to be returned to their "rightful parent."

All while the nazi battalions with wolfsangels are marching on the other side of the street, staging their own parade, and reminding of that "love" to Donbass and Crimea received from "new independent Ukraine."

Look at it all carefully one more time; both displays are taking place on the same day of "Ukrainian independence," and both are devoted basically to Russia, lol.

So yes, Ukraine is a failed state, because after all it IS an anti-Russian project, concocted you know where.

That magic of hope for the best that genuinely took place during Ze's inauguration is fast gone, alas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVZ...&index=21&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z183TQizxBg

Old 08-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
But many of the reasons were different.

To Russians (and some Ukrainians), he was hated for promoting an ethno-nationalist anti-Russian policy.

To many Ukrainians who voted against him, he was hated for stalling reforms. His poor record on reform was masked by ethno-nationalism (see above). Its almost like he wanted to keep things mostly the same but with a pro western expression. The corruption stench around him didn't help...

Not true ( although I suppose your friends were among them, giving you that false impression of the "many.")

There were very few who were salivating in anticipation of "making money" at expense of their own compatriots, eagerly awaiting for those right-wing reforms, that would allow foreign corporations to plunder Ukraine with impunity, ( sort of like Russia was plundered back in the 90ies.)
Then these people were usually the "middle men" in the process, profiting from it directly.
The MAJORITY of Ukrainians however are left-minded people, that look out for their neighbors, and they abhorred even the small part of reforms dictated by the IMF, that Poroshenko tried to push through.
Those Ukrainians that loved and supported him, loved him for a different reason, for a reason of blatant Ukrainian nationalism. And they are still marching together with him.

Quote:
In a way, that made him like Putin. He wanted to distract from his failure to fix the conditions which led to the revolution in the first place. I don't know how much of this is his fault or if he genuinely tried to do more and was blocked by other forces. Either way, he was rightfully fired. That doesn't mean all Ukrainians don't like him though or he wouldn't be heading to parliament next week in charge of a party.
What "other forces" lol.
Are you aware of the latest gaffe, that Poroshenko's own son (as it turned out) doesn't even know how to speak Ukrainian?
Because the man who put in place the most draconian laws towards the Russian-speaking population and Russian language, SPEAKS RUSSIAN at home himself, not Ukrainian. His Ukrainian language is for public only, for the show in front of the illiterate Western Ukrainian crowd, that knows how to use the baseball bats and Molotov cocktails to rule the streets. That's their ultimate value.

Last edited by erasure; 08-27-2019 at 01:43 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
That's because portions of that street are preserved the way it was since the revolution. Those steps had blood stains for long time. Other parts of that street are memorialized from the shootings, and they still have bullet holes and places where bricks were removed to build barricades. The white truck in the video was involved in an incident right in that same spot when they tried to use it to break the blockade. Your ignorance is once again on full display...

Except for they never conducted thorough investigation into who was shooting and whom first, did they?
If anything, the "new post-revolution authorities" tried to remove all the evidence as soon as they could.
Like they never made thorough investigation of that massacre in Odessa, did they?
Except for now, when Poroshenko is no longer president, the new facts are popping up that the speaker of his parliament ( namely A. Parubiy) was behind it.

That's what I hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBYlMdu_Wc

Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
I get it, you are still coming to grips with the fact that Ze isn't what you were told or hoping he would be: Some pro Russian leader since he came from the region of Ukraine you apparently believe is somehow "still" pro Russian. That's just something you are going to have to watch and be angry about. I suppose you can tell yourself that he's controlled by the west and has no choice but to betray his Russian desires or something LOL. He's a bit of a populist but also a libertarian so I don't see leftism in his positions.

Of course Ukrainian independence has an anti-Russian focus since Russia is violently resisting Ukrainian self determination. I shouldn't even have to explain that one.

Calling the IMF, World Bank and EU inspired reforms "Right wing" is a new one to me. Scratching my head at that one. I guess its right of Lenin. If you really believe Ukraine's economy will experience a 90's contraction as a result of foreign investment, you're going to be disappointed for sure. Ze is basically following Poland's path here as that's the goal of the electorate. Its really quite simple, people want to make Polish level of salaries, not Russian. Democracy can have this affect, making the country leadership accountable to the people's will.

It's the Russian appointed DNR/LNR that are failed states. They live on subsidies from Russia and average salaries there are 1/4th than in the rest of Ukraine.

Last edited by DKM; 08-27-2019 at 02:05 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
The guy who was just elected has an extensive anti-corruption program to enact. His government starts work next week. There are a LOT of things they can do to reduce corruption, its a matter of making these things law in a parliament that (was/is?) beholden to corrupt interests.

You say that corruption cannot be changed but you quote an article that explains the 3 big things that need to happen to reduce corruption. Ze was elected by saying he will do these same 3 things. But he needs his parliament to change the laws and in a real democracy that takes time (they haven't even started yet).

I suppose if he does these 3 things you will come on here and admit you were wrong? Or you didn't realize you quoted the article which gets right to the point of Ukraine's current problems. I have my doubts he will pull all 3 of these off, but even if only 2 happen that should help a lot.
I say corruption cannot be changed because it is endemic to any democratic system, any politcal system for that matter. It's just a matter of degree, the amount of corruption. You point to Russia as corrupt. That's truth. I look at my system here in America just in King and Pierce counties in Washington State. It boggles the mind. Hundreds of millions vanish like a fart in the wind. Councils of Fire Districts vote themselves raises. There was one fire chief who was making $330,000 a year for wearing a pretty suit and sitting behind a desk all day while the people around him are being taxed out of their homes. NO ONE IS EVER HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

At best DKM the corrupt will be forced into deeper cover, deeper into the shadows.

I really hope Ukrainians make it, the Ukrainian people.

The day I see Ukraine a bridge nation, a neutral nation with a healthy, educated and prospering population, friends with both Russia and Europe I will admit I was wrong, apologize to you and buy you a *****ing Mercedes Benz.

Take note. I don't make promises I can't keep and I don't make bets I know I won't win.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:14 PM

Lots of traitors going to Crimea.

https://tass.com/society/1075480

Tsk tsk.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:58 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Lots of traitors going to Crimea.

https://tass.com/society/1075480

Tsk tsk.
But Crimea is Ukraine, they can't be traitors if they are going to Ukraine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe