Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 07:45 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,190,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
… Does bombing Ukraine make it less poor? Do you imagine the numbers of all those old and sick Ukrainians that lost their life supportive services because of Russian aggression? Don't forget about abandoned pets. Reptiloid Vlad is covered in blood of not just humans. Do they make message board bots? I am way behind the curve on technology. "Occupied by NATO" is a gem, keep on tuning that AI up.
I am impressed that you are concerned about supportive services and abandoned pets - sounds like you have never been to that part of the world - they have always had cats and dogs living by themselves outside…
That is one thing which is disturbing to me, the well wishers feed them.. but still very sad.

I am curious what do you think of Ukrainian government bombing and shelling the schools, hospitals, rural housing for many years in Eastern Ukraine?

Look at the dates: years before current events unfolded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley_of_Angels

https://theirworld.org/news/ukraine-...ers-landmines/

https://www.unicef.org/stories/schoo...astern-ukraine

Wow! Was trying to show you some videos of civilians bombed on the streets by the Ukraine government- and the video of the monument to the children killed by Ukraine -shocked to find out that it is scrubbed from the YT?

Are we becoming China? ( Though I know - you won’t change your mind, but may be you would take it down a notch?- the government of Ukraine was bombing their own citizens for 8 years - and you don’t have a problem with that ? Not that Putin is right)

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-22-2022 at 05:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 07:48 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Why would ANY country allow another to dictate these stipulations in order to avoid being invaded? Bar an elected official to run for office, barred from entering the EU or NATO, allow Russian separatists to infiltrate and then consume parts of their nation? Imagine what would happen if Russia demanded China Xi step down as leader of China and allow Tibet to vote on their independence from China? Why should this be any different?
I think we need to stop replying to the posts that propose the most ridiculous validation of the demands of a madman. It's totally pointless.

My next door neighbor recently decided she didn't like where I keep my trash cans, so she moved them over from my back gate to below my kitchen window. When I saw what she did, I returned my trash can to where I have always kept it. A few hours later, she's moved it again. I put it back again. When she heard that I moved it back, she came scrambling out to tell me to stop putting my trash can there. I told her that I will kindly ask that she stop touching my property. She stated that I need to keep it off "her" property. She was talking about an area that is on my side of the property line. I looked her straight in the eye, and told her that the trash can is my property, and I keep it on my property. Once she realized I wasn't going to acquiesce to her loony demands, she turned around and said, whatever, and walked back into her house.

It is simply preposterous what some people think they are entitled to, and they need to have their hands swatted with a firm NO. Not even going to open it up for debate on topics that someone has no jurisdiction over. Absolutely ridiculous to think another country believes they can demand who is allowed to run for president of Ukraine, or any other sovereign nation.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:18 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,190,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I think we need to stop replying to the posts that propose the most ridiculous validation of the demands of a madman. It's totally pointless.

…Absolutely ridiculous to think another country believes they can demand who is allowed to run for president of Ukraine, or any other sovereign nation.
You mean, like when we decided we didn’t want Assad to be in charge of Syria?
Or that guy we didn’t like in the Ukraine earlier - a few years ago -- who had to run for his life?
Or whatever his name in Venezuela?
Or that guy we helped to hang in Iraq?
Or that guy who was elected in Belorussia?

The list may go on… but I give up..

Totally agree with you. Totally

Old 03-01-2022, 08:40 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That is probably good advice. City-Data is one of the few social media sites that allow false news to be posted, and it is hard to watch it happen. That probably says more about City-Data than anything else and makes me wonder whether the site is worth visiting.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:45 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You mean, like when we decided we didn’t want Assad to be in charge of Syria?
Or that guy we didn’t like in the Ukraine earlier - a few years ago -- who had to run for his life?
Or whatever his name in Venezuela?
Or that guy we helped to hang in Iraq?
Or that guy who was elected in Belorussia?

The list may go on… but I give up..

Totally agree with you. Totally
- Assad is a repressive autocrat who butchers his own people with great joy.
- Viktor Yaunkovych was a Putin puppet, a traitor to his country, a spectacular thief who took billions from Ukraine, and a murderer, who has his people shot when they tried to protest his treason and thievery.
- Sadaam Hussein was an ardent student of Josef Stalin. Hussein was a bloodthirsty dictator who attacked Kuwait and who used chemical weapons on his own people

Of course, these people are great heroes in Russia, because they are some of the worst men ever to walk the earth. But the earth would be cleaner, if they were all buried in the soil.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 03-01-2022 at 09:00 PM..

Old 03-01-2022, 09:31 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
I am impressed that you are concerned about supportive services and abandoned pets - sounds like you have never been to that part of the world - they have always had cats and dogs living by themselves outside…
That is one thing which is disturbing to me, the well wishers feed them.. but still very sad.

I am curious what do you think of Ukrainian government bombing and shelling the schools, hospitals, rural housing for many years in Eastern Ukraine?

https://www.unicef.org/stories/schoo...astern-ukraine

Wow! Was trying to show you some videos of civilians bombed on the streets by the Ukraine government- and the video of the monument to the children killed by Ukraine -shocked to find out that it is scrubbed from the YT?

Are we becoming China? ( Though I know - you won’t change your mind, but may be you would take it down a notch?- the government of Ukraine was bombing their own citizens for 8 years - and you don’t have a problem with that ? Not that Putin is right)
Another Russian info trooper? Putin jump started a hybrid war in Donbass in 2014 by inundating it with special ops and volunteer Empire re-creators and simply thugs from Russia. They cleansed the area of 1 + million of pro Ukrainian people and created a grey zone where terror, murder, torture and ruthlessness rule (of course Russian regular army standed behind their backs and supplied all their heavy weapons and logistical needs). When needed, Russian army intervened directly. How do you feel about that? Your actions to counteract that? Donbas thugs have no inhibitions about violating each and every moral norm or rule of war in the name of Empire, or just because it was their fiefdom they could do whatever. Just like mad dog Vlad can do whatever with his fiefdom. Placing heavy weapons in residential areas to shell Ukrainian troops was their favorite trick. Your actions? Btw one could be tortured and killed for just speaking in Ukrainian in Donbas, for REAL, not these fake Russian speaker abuses Russian nazis came up with. Your actions?

Let me guess your actions. Give Vlad whatever he wants. It is just too bad he want to destroy Ukrainian state, language, culture, identity to turn Ukraine into another Belarus, the land of 100% subjugated people without any item listed above.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-01-2022 at 09:45 PM..

Old 03-01-2022, 10:08 PM

6,793 posts, read 4,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Why would ANY country allow another to dictate these stipulations in order to avoid being invaded? Bar an elected official to run for office, barred from entering the EU or NATO, allow Russian separatists to infiltrate and then consume parts of their nation? Imagine what would happen if Russia demanded China Xi step down as leader of China and allow Tibet to vote on their independence from China? Why should this be any different?

Because China is more powerful than Russia while Russia is more powerful than Ukraine and extending the conflict would cost Ukraine dearly in human and material losses? It's pretty obvious IMO that any diplomatic solution that ends the shooting and leaves Ukraine as a country intact should be entertained if you care about the innocent civilians there. Easy to say "fight til the death" when you ain't doing the fighting or the dying.

But you're also wrong on one count, the "Russian separatists" were already in Ukraine. In 2014, it was an almost evenly split country between pro-Western and pro-Russian people. When the pro-Western people got rid of the elected president then, it wasn't all that surprising that the pro-Russian side would do something in response in the areas where they dominated. Those rumblings had existed for a while.

Old 03-01-2022, 11:49 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

https://www.unicef.org/stories/schools-and-bomb-shelters-education-eastern-ukraine
Nope, never happened.

Quote:
And why are you trying to find such inconvenient things?

Why don't you like to be like everyone else, and to be programmed somewhere within these terms -

Quote:
"- Assad is a repressive autocrat who butchers his own people with great joy.
- Viktor Yaunkovych was a Putin puppet, a traitor to his country, a spectacular thief who took billions from Ukraine, and a murderer, who has his people shot when they tried to protest his treason and thievery.
- Sadaam Hussein was an ardent student of Josef Stalin. Hussein was a bloodthirsty dictator who attacked Kuwait and who used chemical weapons on his own people "
Don't try to scrutinize any of it, you've already been given all the *correct* answers, just repeat after them, and all will be good.

Quote:
Not yet, but getting there, slowly but surely.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:53 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
In 2014, it was an almost evenly split country between pro-Western and pro-Russian people.

Actually if Ukraine wins this it will be seen as diplomatic disaster for America, because the way Tucker Carson sees it and many others "if countries big like us - aka Russia - fail against the useless eastern european countries, then they can win against us too".

Old 03-02-2022, 04:39 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
- Assad is a repressive autocrat who butchers his own people with great joy.
- Sadaam Hussein was an ardent student of Josef Stalin. Hussein was a bloodthirsty dictator who attacked Kuwait and who used chemical weapons on his own people

Of course, these people are great heroes in Russia, because they are some of the worst men ever to walk the earth. But the earth would be cleaner, if they were all buried in the soil.
- No, he doesn't butcher with joy. He fought a civil war ruthlessly, there is a difference.

- No, he was not a Putin puppet. And the right sector were the ones shooting protestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe