Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,617,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Conversation of the Russian and Ukrainian:
- We fight for the rights...
- You are the Ukrainian fascists! ! !
- We want eurointegration...
- We want respect of our rights and freedoms...
- What do you think of Putin's actions in the Crimea?
- How you estimate an economic and political situation?
- What will you do with the population of the Crimea which on agrees to be with Russia?
- You read opinions of independent experts on a situation in the Crimea?
- How you estimate the future of Ukraine and Russia?

Thanks, is very constructive conversation: )
You know how to make merry!Word we too often sounds. We who is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 AM

435 posts, read 420,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen 2013 View Post
How many Crimean people have come to Lviv? According to news, Lviv is not a safe place to live.
It is one more Russian myth: )
I know mother who brought now the child to Lviv. It beat in the Crimea for that that it held the Ukrainian flag...
The Crimea very difficult region, it never will be monolithic.
I think now there is the real civil war...
And economic problems of the Crimea in connection with transition to structure of Russia only will make a situation even worse...
For example, the Russian parmament of the Crimea already forbade to withdraw money from deposits, entered a limit on cash withdrawal of money... besides they are going to enter parallel currency - ruble.
On the island of Crimea already interruptions in the food, are already higher than the price for 15-20%, and it only began.
There will be problems with renewal of the rights for property now from Ukraine to Russia.
I any more don't speak about a total failure of a resort season in the Crimea - already cancelled 50% of the reservation made in advance in hotels for rest and took away 90% of an advance payment from hotels.
Still the parliament of Russia adopted the law on that that forbids to lease houses for rest.
And it probably 80% of the income of simple inhabitants of the Crimea...

These are very difficult process, and I hope inhabitants of the Crimea won't regret about the choice...

Old 03-13-2014, 05:53 AM

435 posts, read 420,629 times
Today good weather therefore I continue to joke about "Russians and the European values":

The most ordinary Russian got up in the morning, cleaned teeth the American toothbrush, having smeared on it the American toothpaste, shaved the German razor, washed the French soap, put on a face the French gel after shaving, boiled water in the Swedish teapot, drank the Brazilian coffee previously having added the Ukrainian cream, put on the Italian suit, perfumed with the French cologne, closed an entrance door on two English locks, got into the German car. I included a Japanese radio receiver, I chose the Europe radio station broadcasting the British song, I went on the Russian road, using foul language in Russian, going round the Russian potholes and the Russian potholes, I bought two "Big Teysti" and "Coca-Cola" in "McDonald's", I arrived to office, I put the car on a protected parking with the Swiss alarm system and the Canadian system of video surveillance. I rose on the Finnish elevator, "the merchandising department" entered an office with the plate, made a call by the American iPhone through the American GSM network, turned on the American computer Aybiem with the American operating system Windows, came into the Internet developed by Americans, entered English letters the web address on the American social network, came on "ACCOUNT" and wrote to the blog:
"We WILL not ALLOW the WEST to ENSLAVE RUSSIA! Is NOT PRESENT to the EUROPEAN INVADERS!"

Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Why do you think Crimea ready to join Russia without firing a shot and voluntarily? This means that the case in your government that treats people badly.You betrayed your country and the nation, you know?
Because your damn military took it over and completely isolated from the rest of the country!

And even before your military took it over, you installed YOU OWN government there.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-13-2014 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 03-13-2014, 06:32 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Because your damn military completely took it over!

And even before your military took it over, you installed YOU OWN government there.
Again and again I ask the same question and I get no satisfying answer from the Russian bashers : why wouldn't the majority Russian population of Crimea (which moreover was part historically of Russia for centuries, and was only given to Ukraine following the wish of Communist leader Krushev) wouldn't have the right to self determination whereas any population in Africa (ex South Sudan) or Asia (East Timor) or Europe (Kosovo) enjoys that right ?
and by the way ... there are close to 800 US bases overseas . How many Russian military bases outside of Russia? 8? MAYBE 10 ? enough withe the double standards....

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-13-2014 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Orphaned/Rude

Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

Again and again I ask the same question and I get no satisfying answer from the Russian bashers : why wouldn't the majority Russian population of Crimea (which moreover was part historically of Russia for centuries, and was only given to Ukraine following the wish of Communist leader Krushev) wouldn't have the right to self determination whereas any population in Africa (ex South Sudan) or Asia (East Timor) or Europe (Kosovo) enjoys that right ?
and by the way ... there are close to 800 US bases overseas . How many Russian military bases outside of Russia? 8? MAYBE 10 ? enough withe the double standards....
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Just re-read what this poster said. Read his posts.

They SHOULD have the right of self determination.

However, under current circumstances, how much freedom to decide do you think they have? Do you really think, anybody cares about their rights?

The Russian army is not in Crimea, so it's population can exercise their right of SELF determination.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-13-2014 at 06:50 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Because your damn military took it over and completely isolated from the rest of the country!

open the door to the Crimea for nationalists to get you there established a fascist regime, killing people and destroy their freedom?

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Orphaned/Rude

Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Just re-read what this poster said.

They SHOULD have the right of self determination.

However, under current circumstances, how much freedom to decide do you think they have? Do you really think, anybody cares about their rights?

The Russian army is not in Crimea, so it's population can exercise their right of SELF determination.
They have everything!Where were you before, when people were forbidden to speak their native language? It's called democracy?, a madman.You have seized power by force, forbidding television, native language and you are talking about democracy.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:57 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
open the door to the Crimea for nationalists to get you there established a fascist regime, killing people and destroy their freedom?
Not living there to actually see how everybody got along in the Crimea before all this happened I'd be curious to know how they did get along before the 'fascists' decided to 'defect'. From the looks of it when the opportunity presents itself some take advantage of the possible 'hidden resentments'. Sadly, a beautiful pretext for Putin to move and get the territory. But logically if Crimea throw its lot with Russia the latter can simply let Ukraine move out of the Russian orbit.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander!...;-)....

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post

Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Not living there to actually see how everybody got along in the Crimea before all this happened I'd be curious to know how they did get along before the 'fascists' decided to 'defect'. From the looks of it when the opportunity presents itself some take advantage of the possible 'hidden resentments'. Sadly, a beautiful pretext for Putin to move and get the territory. But logically if Crimea throw its lot with Russia the latter can simply let Ukraine move out of the Russian orbit.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander!...;-)....
We return our land and our people.
Will be a referendum in 2 days and democracy will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe