Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 05:52 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Boris and Shnurov are absolutely different creators. Shnurov very precisely feels the mood of society, his works are always ironic, but it is a reflection of reality (some certain social groups).

Boris is the "klyukva" (cranberry). Gopnik, squat, Adidas, alteration of machines - it's all bull***t. This is not a modern Russian reality. Maybe it was true 20-25 years ago. I think this product for foreigners. Red Square, matryoshka, balalaika and bear with beer and... gopnik, squat, Adidas, alteration of machine.

Gopnik absent in modern Russia as a social stratum. They were in the 90s, but they have matured and become businessmen, politicians, police officers, or (more often) corpses.

Squatting is not a whim, it's part of the prison subculture. Even though I know it's quite popular to be photographed in this position, but I do not know why people do it.

http://www.landscrona.ru/forum/uploa...1272641935.jpg

Heels on ground, hands on knees, back is relaxed. This position allows you to relax on long hauls, when prisoners overcome a long way and they were not allowed to lie on the halts.

And Russians do not like Adidas particularly. Most of them can not buy the original stuff this brand. But in the 90s, the markets were filled with cheap Chinese and Vietnamese counterfeiting with three stripes. All wore this clothing (and Gopnik also) because they could not buy a normal quality clothing.

Also Russians do not transform cars like in Boris's video.

The guys from the Caucasus like to remove springs from their cars:

http://cs10978.vk.me/v10978327/1d/FpJuzp2e5P8.jpg
Чем выше горы - тем ниже Приоры(с) (translate: The higher the mountain - the lower the cars).

Ordinary Russians like to do off-road:

http://cs628220.vk.me/v628220259/110bb/KlacCT_GzUk.jpg
Really?

To make the long story short;

This is Shnurov's "VIP" clip, ( from the last year minding you)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP79zHALbH4

That's the class that "Boris" basically describes - it always has been, is and always will be in Russia - it was under a different name in Soviet times, in the nineties it probably transformed into "gopnik" and now it might be called something else, but the idea is still the same. And since "Boris" obviously markets his videos to foreign audience, he prefers to keep the term "gopnik," matryoshkas and balalaikas ( obviously.) At that, his videos are not all that bad - he has his own sense of humor and his own wisdom to share.
I see nothing wrong with that, since he strikes a chord with English-speaking youngsters for the most part, and Ariete here, who is improving his dancing and cooking skills, apparently...

P.S. Maxim, those Crimea pics are wonderful)))
Are you there now with your family?

Last edited by erasure; 09-30-2016 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 03:05 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Really?

To make the long story short;

This is Shnurov's "VIP" clip, ( from the last year minding you)))
I think that they do not Gopnik. They're just boys from poor families. Gopnik is a part of the criminal world. The prison jargon, special rules of conduct, etc. Gopnik have the purpose - to rob a person. The guys from the video robbing harmful saleswoman just because they do not have money. Almost Robinhoods.

Quote:
P.S. Maxim, those Crimea pics are wonderful)))
Southern coast of Crimea will not give you a chance to make a bad photo.

http://storage4.static.itmages.ru/i/...5f854ce245.jpg

http://storage1.static.itmages.ru/i/16/1001/h_1475351437_8240204_eb9dc9e3e4.jpg

http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/...bb3d974fe8.jpg

Quote:
Are you there now with your family?
Yes, we have chosen the end of September that the baby did not burn in the sun. But the weather is very changeable, sometimes stormy.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Nice photos from Crimea! I expected it to look more subtropical in vegetation.
150 years ago, Crimea was a swampy area where malaria was rampant. The system of canals allowed to drain swamps, get rid of malaria, and to plant the coast coniferous and subtropical plants. But the climate is too cold for the subtropical plants. Such plants sheltering from the cold winds and snow in the winter.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
That's pretty strange considering estonian economy is in far better shape than the russian one.
I hear the Baltic States have a lot to owe to the fact that large parts of their populations have simply packed up and left for greener pastures. Their economy can't supply enough work.

I don't qualify that as a success.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:06 PM

71 posts, read 98,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I hear the Baltic States have a lot to owe to the fact that large parts of their populations have simply packed up and left for greener pastures. Their economy can't supply enough work.

I don't qualify that as a success.
There is enough work but just the salary are not that high, for example Finland is 80 km away and because of the similarities in culture and language it's easy for Estonians to go there and work. It's said around 100.000 of Estonians work there. As far as I know then Russian Estonians don't go there that much, they choose UK or Germany.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:03 AM

178 posts, read 523,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
The truth is that if CIA did not spend billions on brainwashing and financing the extremist and gangster groups in Ukraine none of thousands of women and children would have been killed in the conflict.

Thank you Obama, don't forget to wash off Ukrainian and Russian blood from your hands.
Ok. lol. If CIA are such experts on brainwashing tens of millions of people in whole countries, who else did CIA brainwash according to you? Canada? All of EU?

It's funny when a country makes sound decisions for its own good, Russians think it's the work of CIA. Why don't you let CIA into your country, maybe you'll finally see some economic growth.

The best thing for everyone would be if Russia left Ukraine and started focusing on itself. It's very simple. We aren't the ones taking Rostov, which used to be Ukrainian territory in the 20s.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:00 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Beautiful photos, this last batch you posted, Maks! It looks like, judging by your earlier photos, too, that some wealthy people have built their own private homes/mansions in the area, correct?

Old 10-04-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Beautiful photos, this last batch you posted, Maks! It looks like, judging by your earlier photos, too, that some wealthy people have built their own private homes/mansions in the area, correct?
These are mainly hotels and resorts. But it is also possible to buy an apartment or house. It was always possible, before join to Russia.

krym.cian.ru/cat.php?deal_type=sale&engine_version=2&location%5 B1%5D=184739&offer_type=suburban&street%5B0%5D=823 945

More photo
www.city-data.com/forum/45708711-post119.html

Old 10-04-2016, 02:43 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
These are mainly hotels and resorts. But it is also possible to buy an apartment or house. It was always possible, before join to Russia.

krym.cian.ru/cat.php?deal_type=sale&engine_version=2&location%5 B1%5D=184739&offer_type=suburban&street%5B0%5D=823 945

More photo
www.city-data.com/forum/45708711-post119.html
Well, what I had in mind was that after 1991, I noticed that nice, 2-story homes started springing up around the country. People who had the money would build a private home for themselves. So I was wondering if some of that had gone on in the resort towns. I saw a few buildings that were small enough (relatively) that they could have been private homes. But perhaps they were boutique hotels.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
The truth is? There was a lot of bottled up feelings of resentment since forever. Look back in history, in the 20s when Ukraine was independent. Ukraine never wanted to be part of Russia and never felt any "brotherly love" to you guys.
"part" of Ukraine claimed independence, the other part was in full support of the USSR, The part that claimed independence, and is the largest antagonizer now, is the Galicians Ukrainians, who also sided with Austria in WW1 against Ukrainians who sided with the Russian Empire.

Ukrainians have never rebelled against the Russian Empire, and Ukraine's only independent attempt was against the USSR, in which only half of modern day Ukraine rebelled, the other half was full support of the USSR.

There is no "never wanted to be part of Russia", they are both born of Kievian Rus, there is no want to be part of or not, they are intertwined with each other. Only the Galicians feel differently, and are different, and I have no idea why real Ukrainians let these tools hijack their identity.

And for a country with "no brotherly love", there are so many similarities, 99% of the world's population cannot even tell the difference between a Russian and Ukrainian, and there has been so much intermingling, many families have Russians and Ukrainians in them, and they are one of the most culturally aligned and similar groups in the world.

There has never been any bottled up resentment, hell, for most of history, a good portion of modern Ukraine was not even under Russian control, and the western part was not even under Soviet control until after WW2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe