Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 03:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post
Ok. lol. If CIA are such experts on brainwashing tens of millions of people in whole countries, who else did CIA brainwash according to you? Canada? All of EU?

It's funny when a country makes sound decisions for its own good, Russians think it's the work of CIA. Why don't you let CIA into your country, maybe you'll finally see some economic growth.

The best thing for everyone would be if Russia left Ukraine and started focusing on itself. It's very simple. We aren't the ones taking Rostov, which used to be Ukrainian territory in the 20s.
Rostov, the town nor the oblast, was never under Ukrainian control.

And did you forget the Polish-Ukrainian War? Or did that piece of history slip your mind during all of this "Independence" and "bottled up feelings" talk? I just bring this up because you keep blabbing on about Ukraine independence, which lasted four years, yet you seem to imply all of modern day Ukraine was involved in this, which it was not, and that "Russia" (but it was the Bolsheviks/USSR) were the only aggressors while ignoring your fellow Ukrainians who also fought in full support of the Bolsheviks, and Poland of course who waged war against Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 05:06 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Only the Galicians feel differently, and are different, and I have no idea why real Ukrainians let these tools hijack their identity.
The difference is Galician Ukrainians were not subjected to the intense campaigns of Russification in the Russian Empire. If Russia & Ukraine are as naturally close as you claim, then why was the Ukrainian language suppressed and banned so many times in the days of Russian Empire? How "brotherly" is that?

Chronology of the Ukrainian language's 134 prohibitions in 400 years -Euromaidan Press |

As I demonstrated earlier, Ukrainians (including western Ukrainians), had a pretty decent opinion of Russians as recently as 2009. Better than Russians had of Ukrainians. But I'm sure these numbers would be quite different if this poll were to be conducted today. You can blame that on Russian aggression against Ukraine. Ukrainians would be fine peacefully coexisting with Russians, but separately and with our own separate countries and languages. Russian hostility to this is what drives all negative feelings today towards them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ukrainian_sentiment

Quote:
In a poll held by Levada Center in June 2009 in Russia 75% of Russian respondents respected Ukrainians as ethnic group but 55% were negative about Ukraine as the state. In May 2009, 96% of Ukrainians polled by Kyiv International Sociology Institute were positive about Russians as ethnic group, 93% respected Russian Federation and 76% respected Russian establishment.[24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus
Rostov, the town nor the oblast, was never under Ukrainian control.
"Under Ukrainian control" is not the terminology that was used. Instead, "used to be Ukrainian territory" which is very true demographically. The Kuban region was half Ukrainian-speaking in the 1897 imperial Russian census, but that includes of course only Ukrainian speakers. It's a fair assumption that at least half the remaining population were linguistically-Russified Ukrainians. Also, the Kuban People's Republic sought unification with the other Ukrainian state formations at the time: the West Ukrainian People's Republic and the Ukrainian National Republic, which together comprised pretty much all of today's Ukrainian state borders (and whose union was commemorated by Ukrainians forming a human chain the entire 300 miles (~482 km) from Kyiv to Lviv on January 21, 1990 - tell me again that the Ukraine has a divided identity, linguistic Russification notwithstanding ).

What changed with Kuban has been substantially a shift in ethnic self-identity. Ukrainians were directly depopulated from the region in the Holodomor famine, and Russification had a particularly heavy impact here as compared even to Donbas (where today the majority in that region still see themselves as ethnic Ukrainians).

Old 10-04-2016, 06:38 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The difference is Galician Ukrainians were not subjected to the intense campaigns of Russification in the Russian Empire.
No they were not, because they were subjected to Polonization and these two regions ( Galicia and Volhynia) became the subjects of the Catholic Church)))
The rest of Ukraine, (that was originally Orthodox) was fighting Polonization and asked for the protection of the Russian Tzar ( hint- of the Orthodox Russia) and hence was included into Russian Empire.
Do any of you ever learn history - I mean real history, or you prefer to follow some recently ( and may be not so recently) created fantasies?

Quote:
If Russia & Ukraine are as naturally close as you claim, then why was the Ukrainian language suppressed and banned so many times in the days of Russian Empire? How "brotherly" is that?
Chronology of the Ukrainian language's 134 prohibitions in 400 years -Euromaidan Press |
Because Russian Empire ( as imperial as it is) had enough of headache keeping non-related to Russians ethnic groups to be integrated; it didn't want any additional pain in the butt to keep an eye on related people, constantly stirring an upheaval against the central government. With other words, the empire didn't want any insubordination on its fringes.

Quote:
As I demonstrated earlier, Ukrainians (including western Ukrainians), had a pretty decent opinion of Russians as recently as 2009. Better than Russians had of Ukrainians.
I don't think Russians even cared at that point in time. Why would they?

Quote:
But I'm sure these numbers would be quite different if this poll were to be conducted today. You can blame that on Russian aggression against Ukraine. Ukrainians would be fine peacefully coexisting with Russians, but separately and with our own separate countries and languages.
I don't think Russians minded this arrangement either, until Americans got involved.

Quote:
Russian hostility to this is what drives all negative feelings today towards them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ukrainian_sentiment
Russians hostility came in place when Ukrainians invited the enemy to come too close to Russian borders - its' quite simple.

Quote:
"Under Ukrainian control" is not the terminology that was used. Instead, "used to be Ukrainian territory" which is very true demographically. The Kuban region was half Ukrainian-speaking in the 1897 imperial Russian census, but that includes of course only Ukrainian speakers. It's a fair assumption that at least half the remaining population were linguistically-Russified Ukrainians.
"Don Cossacks (Russian: Донские казаки) are Cossacks who settled along the middle and lower Don. Historically, they have been located within what was the Don Cossack Host (Russian: Всевеликое Войско Донское, Vsevelikoye Voysko Donskoye), which was either an independent or an autonomous democratic republic in the present day Southern Russia and the Donbas region of Ukraine, from the end of the 16th century until 1918."

"Don Cossacks have had a rich military tradition, playing an important part in the historical development of the Russian Empire and participating in most of its major wars.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cossacks

Quote:
Also, the Kuban People's Republic sought unification with the other Ukrainian state formations at the time: the West Ukrainian People's Republic and the Ukrainian National Republic, which together comprised pretty much all of today's Ukrainian state borders (and whose union was commemorated by Ukrainians forming a human chain the entire 300 miles (~482 km) from Kyiv to Lviv on January 21, 1990 - tell me again that the Ukraine has a divided identity, linguistic Russification notwithstanding ).
Let's see here...

"On June 23, 1917, Ukraine was officially recognized as an independent country.[a] By late 1918, independent Ukraine, freed from Russian domination and with Austrian-German support, [b]expanded its recognized borders eastward to include southern Russia: Crimea, Kuban, and the Cossack lands of the Don and Terek. South Russia also contained a very large population of Ukrainians during World War I.
In April 1917, the Kuban Cossacks with Nakazny Ataman proclaimed the Kuban Rada as the supreme administration of the Kuban. On September 24, 1917, the Kuban Rada formed the Kuban legislature, and, after the Bolsheviks or Reds captured power in Petrograd, the Kuban People's Republic was formed on January 28, 1918 with its capital in Yekaterinodar. The Kuban Rada declared its independence on February 16 and sought union with the officially recognized independent Ukrainian Peoples Republic. The Kuban People's Republic included all territory of the former Kuban Oblast."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Russia

So what we can see here, is a clear case of a civil war, where one side is getting help from foreigners ( that are advancing their own interests against Russia, and not for the first time and last time - through Ukraine,) and two sides of internal conflict within the Southern Russia itself.
Sorry, but you are telling only one part of a story, as all Ukrainian nationalists like to do. They love to re-write history, you see.

Quote:
What changed with Kuban has been substantially a shift in ethnic self-identity. Ukrainians were directly depopulated from the region in the Holodomor famine, and Russification had a particularly heavy impact here as compared even to Donbas (where today the majority in that region still see themselves as ethnic Ukrainians).
What "changed with Kuban" was that it had to accept the defeat of the Imperial forces and to accept its Soviet future - it's that simple.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:50 AM

18 posts, read 11,846 times
Quote:
And did you forget the Polish-Ukrainian War?
That war that ended 400 years ago or the one that started 100 years ago? Because Russian-Ukrainian War is going on right now.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:17 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterian View Post
Because Russian-Ukrainian War is going on right now.
And why Ukraine has not officially announced this war? Maybe it exists only in the inflamed brains?

Old 10-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
And why Ukraine has not officially announced this war? Maybe it exists only in the inflamed brains?
They still don't get it, the naive people, what this war is all about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxr-7V7Uos

Old 10-05-2016, 04:29 PM

617 posts, read 538,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architext View Post

It's funny when a country makes sound decisions for its own good, Russians think it's the work of CIA. Why don't you let CIA into your country, maybe you'll finally see some economic growth.

The best thing for everyone would be if Russia left Ukraine and started focusing on itself. It's very simple. We aren't the ones taking Rostov, which used to be Ukrainian territory in the 20s.
Ukraine didn't make any decisions on its own, the legally elected president Yanukovich was forced to leave the country under threats to his life by extremists groups supported by the US.

If Yanukovich was so bad why couldn't they just re-elect peacefully a better one in due order? because that wouldn't allow CIA to install pro-american corrupted mofo Poroshenko, same way they did many times in many other countries.

Now, Baiden's son one of the primary owners of the lucrative Ukrainian natural resource mining company, what a "coincidence".

Throw away your stupid American history books, bro, Rostov-on-Don has always been a Russian city, since it was established in 19th century.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:24 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fro6je9L5kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZKYSsz_v2c

Kvass, Khart bass, narkotik kal.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
British chavs are nervously smoking in the corner.
Now they know what they are missing in the artistic department.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:50 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Kvass, Khart bass, narkotik kal.
Sweet candy. Real guys listen this:

Sniper

I don't take hostages and I don't f**k up children.
This precautions help me to live more cheerful.
Humans always need some moral restraints to live.
It's just like fire extinguishers, and that's not a f***ing s**t...

Spoiler

They help us to manage with a scum of the darkest days.
They allow me to not bother with copious ****ty details.
The hostages is a nerve. Children? Yeah, f**k them all.
It's better lie down with the rifle and listen a Bach through iPod.

I watch my breath: in and out, in and out.
With all the possible attention, I don't want to be bad with somewhat.
I watch my breath, sometimes in even pissy haystacks.
Fugue, piano, fugue again. Bach really carries me up.

I watch my breath and just squint in my sniper scope.
Then some people appear, then it's just nothing but corpse.
Mostly they fall nearby, sometimes it's one on another.
Someone was wearing Prada, someone worked out his muscles.

I'm telling this as an expert, this is a beautiful death.
At first, it's very effective. What a tragedy! F***ing stun!
And secondly, it's directly, it's not some f***ing cirrhosis.
And not a brain metastases or stupid drug overdoses.

I'm like an angel for them, dragging to the other world.
Even like an archangel, for angel I am too old.
I don't take hostages, it happened, but never again.
I used to be godless, and will not the same way remain.

I made my way to the faith, and, f**k, I will get to her.
Of course, in my own manner, and perhaps I will even fall.
We all could fall off one day, and therefore perhaps we will not.
That's what we call a song, and our secret lies in this plot.

(c)lyricstranslate.com

https://youtu.be/5KGli5frCR4

Jacket

One of the day I decided to clean up my hut,
Throw all the f***ing trash and then here you are here.
In the pocket of my black leather jacket,
I found f***ing killer staff.
Last time I was wear this jacket in nineteen ninety-four on a take-down.
Some co******er in those days shred my breast,
Then I crashed to hell his knee...
(c)lyricstranslate.com

https://youtu.be/SQo6d-ctMDs

PS: Krovostok is not a criminal music. This guys have a good music education, their music is considered to be music for intellectuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe