Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2020, 01:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Snowden starts a family.

https://tass.com/society/1218055
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 01:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And in General !To top it all off, these nightmarish wild Russians have captured and held the territory of Russia for centuries ! So many good people who tried to bring civilization to this wild country were insulted and physically humiliated...
The injustice!!!

The USSR brought peace to Eastern Europe for over 40 years. The longest it had ever known.

Old 10-29-2020, 03:44 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
No. Just Ukraine, georgia, parts of Europe, and Belarus. The rest russia can keep.

Siberia is next!
Right.
Don't forget to send Putin a list with directions for his policies in "Russia's backyard "; what you approve and disapprove.
I'm sure he is looking forward to hear from you.

Old 10-29-2020, 05:49 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And in General !To top it all off, these nightmarish wild Russians have captured and held the territory of Russia for centuries ! So many good people who tried to bring civilization to this wild country were insulted and physically humiliated...

Peter and catherine the great tried but there's a barbarian still in you left over from the mongolians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Right.
Don't forget to send Putin a list with directions for his policies in "Russia's backyard "; what you approve and disapprove.
I'm sure he is looking forward to hear from you.

Does he have email?

Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
"Taking land" is not subjective at all, you had the accusation that Russia is seizing land, I asked you to provide evidence, now since you lack evidence, you shift the goal post.
Read the post right above mine. He said Russia should "seize Azeri territory". I was responding to that and not accusing Russia of seizing territory. I was simply stating my opinion that Turkey would prevent it the same way that they did elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Russia is in Syria assisting the Syrian government in defeating the rebels and terrorists, there is no seizing land, it is taking back control of land that belongs to the Syrian government. Turkey and the US are the illegal invaders.

See you just defined taking/seizing land and excluded from it the capture of territory by the Russian backed Assad regime. I disagree with you on what "taking land" means then but the difference is pointless only in your quest to pretend that Russia did not get its backside wiped twice by Turkey.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:16 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Peter and catherine the great tried but there's a barbarian still in you left over from the mongolians.
Once upon a time there was a Russian Prince Yaroslav the Wise (978-1054). And he had a daughter, Anna. The kings found out about Anna's beauty and sent messengers to Woo her. And Yaroslav gave Anna to king Henry I of France.

Quote:
"Yaroslav's daughters received a good upbringing. The Prince was a patron of the arts and Sciences, developed the school.
"His daughters studied too. Anna could read and write, and knew Greek and Latin. A French historian writes that king Henry I of France "received the fame of the charms of the Princess, namely Anna, daughter of George, king of Russia, and he was charmed by the story of her perfections." Golden-haired Anna was famous for her beauty and knew how to heal.

Yaroslav wanted to marry her to the German king. However, the French took the initiative. An Embassy from Paris, headed by Bishop Roger, arrived in distant Kiev. They brought as a gift to the Russian Prince battle swords, overseas cloth, precious silver bowls. For the first time, Yaroslav refused the French. He counted on Germany's help in the war with Byzantium and wanted to consolidate the military Alliance by marriage. But the German Emperor Henry III did not plan to link his fate with the Russian Princess. It was then that the second Embassy from France arrived in Kiev. And Yaroslav agreed.

The Russian Prince was not going to yield to the French together with the daughter of "half the Kingdom". Although the dowry for Anna collected rich. Gold, precious stones, brocade…

The arrival of Anna Yaroslavna on the land of France was solemnly arranged. The fat, middle-aged king Henry I went to meet the bride in the city of Reims, sacred to the French. Anna quickly mastered French. She surpassed her husband in education. Anna wrote her name on the marriage contract, and the king signed it with a cross. In Reims, according to tradition, Anne was crowned. She refused to take an oath on the Latin Bible, and took an oath on the gospel she had brought with her.

Paris seemed to her a gloomy and cramped city. The Kiev expanse was not enough. Among the courtiers, harsh morals prevailed, and few people were literate. Nobody was not customary to wash himself. There are legends that Anna taught the French court to read, introduced Parisians to the bathhouse and forced them to use Cutlery during meals. The wisdom she inherited from her father. Even the Pope was looking for its location. "The report of your virtues, delightful virgin, has reached our ears, and it is with great joy that we hear that you are performing your Royal duties in this very Christian state with commendable zeal and remarkable intelligence," the head of the Vatican see wrote to Anna."
https://xn--h1aagokeh.xn--p1ai/speci...D%D0%B4%D1%8B/
So there is still a VEEERY big question who is civilized and who is barbarian.

Last edited by Zimogor; 10-30-2020 at 12:24 AM..

Old 10-30-2020, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Once upon a time there was a Russian Prince Yaroslav the Wise (978-1054). And he had a daughter, Anna. The kings found out about Anna's beauty and sent messengers to Woo her. And Yaroslav gave Anna to king Henry I of France.

So there is still a VEEERY big question who is civilized and who is barbarian.

that doesn't count. that was before the mongolian invasion

Old 10-30-2020, 12:53 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Why the hate for Mongolians? Are you racist against them or something? I think they are pretty cool people.

And during the mongol Empire times, although they were ruthless, after the conquering was done they were very tolerant and chill and let people live as they pleased so long as they paid their taxes. The same couldn’t be said for most westerners when the colonized and subjugated the rest of the world.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:55 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:

This does not change anything. Civilization cannot be eradicated by some kind of invasion. And was it really there? Is this the most "Mongol invasion"?

Old 10-31-2020, 12:25 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/teenager-shot...105607250.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe