Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 07:06 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Meh. He seems to favor his left arm is all I see. If he is having troubles considering his age and his lifestyle in the past such as martial arts he may have inherited some baggage.

Take it from me. What we do to ourselves young seems to come back to haunt us. Evolution did not design us to live as long as we do.

BTW. There's a 30 year warranty just in case you've not been informed.

Some are coming with extended protection I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsaZ8Rucqc

( was looking up Kabayeva - what she is up to lately (she used to be queen of it all in gymnastics.. ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 08:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Some are coming with extended protection I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsaZ8Rucqc

( was looking up Kabayeva - what she is up to lately (she used to be queen of it all in gymnastics.. ))
Anna tried that when she was about 12. The coaches said she would never be successful at it because she was not willing to put up with the pain and the diet required. She took up swimming competitively instead. As soon as she beat that and everybody she cared to (one literally) to her satisfaction she lost interest.

BTW. The 30 year warranty applies to men only. Women have a 27 year warranty because you begin maturing earlier. Got to read the fine print.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:19 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Anna tried that when she was about 12. The coaches said she would never be successful at it because she was not willing to put up with the pain and the diet required. She took up swimming competitively instead. As soon as she beat that and everybody she cared to (one literally) to her satisfaction she lost interest.

BTW. The 30 year warranty applies to men only. Women have a 27 year warranty because you begin maturing earlier. Got to read the fine print.

There is ALWAYS that fine print Scrat, always and in everything as I've discovered.

And it needs to be read ( as much as I personally hate it and always did.)

Old 11-08-2020, 11:25 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
YAY! ^^^We won!

Old 11-09-2020, 12:31 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Yes his videos ARE somewhat controversial, (and not all that objective) because,

#1 He lives in Florida, ( life might be very different in other states/places.
The US are not like Russia (where it is Moscow and "the rest is province."
( I discovered that it came to Russia from France, as in "Paris and province.") The life in US really differs from state to state ( I lived in quite a few places, so I know that much,) and majority of Russian bloggers seem to be reporting from New-York, Florida or California.

#2 He is right-wing which makes his approach pretty skewed; ( not as skewed as hers for example, ( this is a channel "Kino Vino and Domino,") but still...

I barely can stand her^, but Alexander ( "Sanya in Florida") at least is funny and entertaining to watch.
( Overall I am willing to watch/listen a lot of different opinions from different sources; I only draw the line on MOST of "Ukrainian nationalists", since they sound ( and act) like total retards.)
Almost all Russians/Ukrainians I know are pro republicans, especially if they are religious. So of course most of these Russian-American Vloggers are going to have a pro Trump/Republican slant. Even if on economics many of them lean left, ultimately most will side with the right because of social issues (e.g. gay rights, sex education, abortions, gun rights, traditional values, etc.)

Something to understand about American politics, is that after the 80s voting patters have shifted from north vs south into urban vs rural. Urban voters generally vote Democrat and rural/ outer suburbs/small city voters generally vote Republican. There are some exceptions such as college towns generally also vote Democrat, as well as rural areas where white people are not the majority. This trend was also brought about by many northerners moving onto southern cities and liberalizing them.

Half of the US lives in just these counties, which unsurprisingly generally vote democrat. And the US is now often described as islands of blue (Democrat) in a sea of red (republicans)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2013-9%3famp

It’s also no surprise that lately republicans have been winning the presidency by losing the popular vote (Bush and Trump) because of how the electoral college is set up giving more voting power to smaller states. In another generation the Republicans with their current ideology will never win an election again as the country becomes more and more urbanized and less religious.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:14 AM

403 posts, read 221,431 times
Quote:
I don't believe it's over ( from everything I see so far.)
No, it is over.

It would take a lot of money - somebody else's money as Trump is probably bankrupt again.

Besides, he will face his own lawsuits, tax fraud invistigations, etc. after he leaves the office.

And, if by some miracle he will flip election - riots and God knows what will follow. I don't think it will happen just because of that.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:03 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Almost all Russians/Ukrainians I know are pro republicans, especially if they are religious. So of course most of these Russian-American Vloggers are going to have a pro Trump/Republican slant. Even if on economics many of them lean left, ultimately most will side with the right because of social issues (e.g. gay rights, sex education, abortions, gun rights, traditional values, etc.)

Something to understand about American politics, is that after the 80s voting patters have shifted from north vs south into urban vs rural. Urban voters generally vote Democrat and rural/ outer suburbs/small city voters generally vote Republican. There are some exceptions such as college towns generally also vote Democrat, as well as rural areas where white people are not the majority. This trend was also brought about by many northerners moving onto southern cities and liberalizing them.

Half of the US lives in just these counties, which unsurprisingly generally vote democrat. And the US is now often described as islands of blue (Democrat) in a sea of red (republicans)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2013-9%3famp

It’s also no surprise that lately republicans have been winning the presidency by losing the popular vote (Bush and Trump) because of how the electoral college is set up giving more voting power to smaller states. In another generation the Republicans with their current ideology will never win an election again as the country becomes more and more urbanized and less religious.
It’s been said multiple times, that if the electoral college were to be abolished, Republicans would have a hard time ever winning elections.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:41 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Azerbaijan has taken back Shushia in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Turkey and Russia may provide peacekeepers to bring the two sides to the table.

news

Old 11-09-2020, 06:02 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Azerbaijan also shot down a Russian attack helicopter in Armenia. Ooops. Russia can't do anything about it though, and won't. Instead they will fixate on the US election and how to deal with Putin's malady.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:36 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Azerbaijan also shot down a Russian attack helicopter in Armenia. Ooops. Russia can't do anything about it though, and won't. Instead they will fixate on the US election and how to deal with Putin's malady.
The usual provocation. Someone wants to drag Russia into war so badly that their asses are on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe