Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2021, 02:51 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Deaths increased faster in 2020 than in any other nation in the world and a faster increase than in Russia in any year since the war and you call it "normal." That actually is the reaction I expected. Its the speed in the increase that is remarkable (only 1993 matches it since the war) and the fact that it clearly isn't representing the official government numbers for covid deaths. You're okay with your government hiding its covid deaths and that's your right. Why be upset, government job is to protect the people stealing Russian taxpayer money.
Where did you get the data by country?
Normal? It's not normal, it's sad. But there are reasons for this.

Quote:
Births are down over 25% in 5 years, so that isn't going to help counter the die-off. Only Uzbek migrants will help cover this.
Russia has negative population growth over the past 30 years. And we know why this happened and is happening. And not only Uzbeks. More Ukrainians.

Quote:
Russians talking about "free speech" in other countries.
Yes, we talking about it. Because you talking about it in relation to Russia. And the West is insincere.

Quote:
Is it true Moscow is voting to restore their statue of Iron Felix? If so, is something getting into the water supply over there or what?!
Yes, I voted for it. What problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 04:23 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Did you vote for Nevsky or Felix?

Old 02-25-2021, 06:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
The world buys western jets because we force them to right? They all want Russian aircraft but the USA threatens those poor countries into using inferior western passenger jets. Such an injustice!
Largely the world has been forced to buy western jets because for the better part of a century America has been the only country capable of making large commercial aircraft in quantity. The USSR did also but not near what the US produced. France and England got into the game but it was the same story.

It's starting to change though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ml-jYq92AU

Old 02-25-2021, 06:33 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about the max, and they refused the jets because they ran out of money and then SUED to claim the right to BUY them when they got the money. This flies in the face of your many false claims. Facts keep contradicting the Russian narrative and its easy to point them out.
Again past, DKM. Your deception and propaganda is easily revealed.

Quote:
Timaero Ireland filed a lawsuit against Boeing in the Northern District of Illinois on December 17. The plaintiff demands to terminate the contract of January 2014 for the delivery of 22 Boeing 737 Max aircraft and to compensate for the damage. Timaero is a structure of "VEB-leasing", and that, in turn, is a" daughter " of VEB.Russian Federation, follows from the claim. This is confirmed by the press service of VEB.

Timaero Ireland has appealed to the federal court of the state of Illinois to invalidate the contract concluded with The Boeing Company for the supply of 22 Boeing 737 Max aircraft, to return the advance payments and to compensate the company for losses incurred in connection with the manufacturer's deliberate concealment of information about the airworthiness and safety of aircraft," the vice president of VEB said through a representative.Of the Russian Federation Igor Krasnov. This measure was forced and, in fact, the only means of protecting the rights and legitimate interests of Timaero after the company's repeated attempts to resolve the situation in a pre-trial manner, which did not find a response from Boeing, he added.

The plaintiff demands compensation for more than $185 million in damages, as well as to collect fines from the manufacturer for the fact that he tricked him into buying unsafe aircraft. Timaero also expects to recover the lost profit – the plaintiff expects to determine its amount during the process.

"VEB-leasing" in December 2018 managed to get two Boeing 737 Max aircraft, according to the lawsuit. VEB does not disclose which airlines operated them. The lawsuit does not explain whether the amount of the claim includes a refund of the prepayment for 20 aircraft and the payment for the two received airliners.

A Boeing spokesman declined to comment.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:36 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Again past, DKM. Your deception and propaganda is easily revealed.
That wasn't last summer which I said the lawsuit was filed. I was talking about Volga Dnepr, who had trouble keep their Soviet cargo planes running and needed more Boeings to fill the gap while they tried to fix their engines.

Good for Russia to plan to buy Chinese jets. They really showing the world who's boss now. I wish them all the luck.

Old 02-25-2021, 06:59 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Good for Russia to plan to buy Chinese jets. They really showing the world who's boss now. I wish them all the luck.
This is not necessary. Russia resumes production of the aircraft "Ruslan". It's the Chinese will be buys it from us.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:40 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Did you vote for Nevsky or Felix?
For Felix, of course. Lubyanka is the place of the federal security service. And there should be a monument to the founder of this service. This is our history. There are other places for Nevsky.
+
And you can say that Hitler is also the history of Germany. But an important difference: Hitler's contemporaries recognized him as a criminal and did not leave his monuments. Felix's contemporaries recognized his merits and erected a monument to him. The monument was removed by another generation, which could not fully appreciate the work of Felix. This is rewriting history, I am against it.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 02-25-2021 at 11:51 PM..

Old 02-26-2021, 12:58 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
For Felix, of course. Lubyanka is the place of the federal security service. And there should be a monument to the founder of this service. This is our history. There are other places for Nevsky.
+
And you can say that Hitler is also the history of Germany. But an important difference: Hitler's contemporaries recognized him as a criminal and did not leave his monuments. Felix's contemporaries recognized his merits and erected a monument to him. The monument was removed by another generation, which could not fully appreciate the work of Felix. This is rewriting history, I am against it.
Okay. I can respect the opinion of a real Muscovite. I'm glad I got my pictures there without Felix and maybe when I return I will get a picture with him. If they don't have a file on me from my posts here.

Old 02-26-2021, 01:13 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is not necessary. Russia resumes production of the aircraft "Ruslan". It's the Chinese will be buys it from us.
They can't even keep the ones they have flying, but I wish them well in their attempts.

Meanwhile China already makes their own cargo aircraft.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:32 PM

168 posts, read 128,922 times
Quote:
They can't even keep the ones they have flying, but I wish them well in their attempts.

Meanwhile China already makes their own cargo aircraft.
What does Ukraine make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe