Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2021, 07:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am ready to explode.

Something I came across now among other news on current energy crisis, namely - the ADVERSE EFFECT of the so-called "green energy," in this case - specifically wind turbines.

Even if I'll disregard the health complaints of people that live close to these installations that I heard on this show segment, what I am discovering now, is that this sh*t ( wind energy installations,) kill about 900, 000 bats and 500,000 birds per year. &^%8!!! ( That's according to American calculations - Russians are simply reporting it.)

Question - are they making it up?

I am checking, and lo and behold - yes, here it is:

https://abcbirds.org/blog21/wind-turbine-mortality/

"It is unfortunate then that wind energy has its own dark side: thousands of birds and bats are killed annually by wind turbines. Causes of death include collision and barotrauma—internal injuries caused by exposure to rapid pressure changes near the trailing edges of moving blades.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates that between 140,000 and 500,000 bird deaths occur at wind farms each year. The most significant threat is posed to species of large, threatened and high-conservation-value birds such as golden and bald eagles, burrowing owls, red-tailed and Swainson’s hawks, peregrine and prairie falcons, American kestrels and white-tailed kites. Since large birds have much lower reproductive rates than small birds (golden eagles, for example, have just one or two chicks in a brood less than once a year), their deaths have a far greater impact on the overall population of the species."

https://www.evwind.es/2020/10/01/the...turbines/77477

So the info is available on American/Western sites as well, it's just none of the "Greens" are talking about it apparently.

Those underground critters ( along with the worms) are migrating all together form these lands, which breaks the ecological chain.

The greta thunbergs of this world are a curse in disguise then in their own way, and big mouth idiots; so much for their "green solutions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kadcr-q_KlQ
It's real. The birds and bats have a hard time seeing the blades. The bats and small birds have a hell of a time if they are in the wake of the blade as it passes by. The trailing edge leaves a temporary vacuum behind it. it's the equivalent of a human being thrust into a vacuum chamber for a few seconds and it not only pops their ear drums but reportedly can rupture the tissues of their lungs amongst other things.

Not only that if the blades are spinning fast the creature may be hit by the next blade coming round while disoriented in the air. I saw a seagull get to close to one in Winatchee Wa. It flew through/dodged past one blade and got disoriented, and got hit full on by the next blade. They don't stand a chance. It's said bats can't see with their sonar to avoid them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 07:55 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's real. The birds and bats have a hard time seeing the blades. The bats and small birds have a hell of a time if they are in the wake of the blade as it passes by. The trailing edge leaves a temporary vacuum behind it. it's the equivalent of a human being thrust into a vacuum chamber for a few seconds and it not only pops their ear drums but reportedly can rupture the tissues of their lungs amongst other things.

Not only that if the blades are spinning fast the creature may be hit by the next blade coming round while disoriented in the air. I saw a seagull get to close to one in Winatchee Wa. It flew through/dodged past one blade and got disoriented, and got hit full on by the next blade. They don't stand a chance. It's said bats can't see with their sonar to avoid them too.

Why then "green" idiots are not talking about it?

I was not aware of any of it.

That segment on Russian news was about Europe of course, where the "Greens" won certain amount of spots in the new government, and that transgender person ( whoever he thinks he is,) in charge of their fraction is calling to be "tough" on Russia.

And that means more and more of that "green energy" as I understand, that should replace the "aggressive Russian gas."
But you already see what it leads to.

It looks like the physical harm to people's health has been already acknowledged by the European officials ( people are complaining of the adverse effects when living close to those turbines, so now the agreement is to not to put them closer than 1 km from the living quarters.

And even if now the turbines have been moved to the shallow waters of the coastal areas, and it's more expensive to build them there, it still doesn't solve the problem with birds and bats.

It's like the word "god" is written all over it; once you start messing with the idea that Russia has upper hand when it comes to the natural resources, everything backfires big time. ( Starting with Ukraine, and American plans to turn it into anti-Russian project.)

And it's not because Russia is so "perfect and wonderful," but because it serves as the ultimate tool in controlling the West.

Once you try to mess with that tool, guess what...

Don't mess with what's been put there for a reason it's called.

Old 10-10-2021, 02:04 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Uh-oh, Russians keep on reporting the explosions that follow in Afghanistan one after another (ISIS is taking responsibility for all of them,)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Po2MsjAJo&t=5s

But this recent one in the Mosque ( with a lot of victims) has a twist.
According to the ISIS, the suicide bomber was an Uighur.

Plot thickens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpycJJxEz_A

Old 10-10-2021, 06:49 PM

Tula. I want to see the Fortress.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=ik13at

You don't hear much about the city.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:46 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,568,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Why then "green" idiots are not talking about it?

I was not aware of any of it.

That segment on Russian news was about Europe of course, where the "Greens" won certain amount of spots in the new government, and that transgender person ( whoever he thinks he is,) in charge of their fraction is calling to be "tough" on Russia.

And that means more and more of that "green energy" as I understand, that should replace the "aggressive Russian gas."
But you already see what it leads to.

It looks like the physical harm to people's health has been already acknowledged by the European officials ( people are complaining of the adverse effects when living close to those turbines, so now the agreement is to not to put them closer than 1 km from the living quarters.

And even if now the turbines have been moved to the shallow waters of the coastal areas, and it's more expensive to build them there, it still doesn't solve the problem with birds and bats.

It's like the word "god" is written all over it; once you start messing with the idea that Russia has upper hand when it comes to the natural resources, everything backfires big time. ( Starting with Ukraine, and American plans to turn it into anti-Russian project.)

And it's not because Russia is so "perfect and wonderful," but because it serves as the ultimate tool in controlling the West.

Once you try to mess with that tool, guess what...

Don't mess with what's been put there for a reason it's called.
You're not reading the right sources!

Quote:
Predation by domestic cats is the number-one direct, human-caused threat to birds in the United States and Canada. In the United States alone, outdoor cats kill approximately 2.4 billion birds every year. Although this number may seem unbelievable, it represents the combined impact of tens of millions of outdoor cats.
Cats and Birds | American Bird Conservancyhttps://abcbirds.org › Cats Indoors

Old 10-12-2021, 08:10 AM

Recall how it is said the the Warsaw Pact countries were not allowed to make decisions without consulting Moscow first?

Watch this.

https://youtu.be/BfVjDLoV78o

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:31 AM

When will the whole thing just fall apart?

https://tass.com/economy/1349103

Old 10-13-2021, 07:33 AM

This is even more interesting.

https://tass.com/economy/1349073

Old 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM

Russian art. Painted plates.

https://englishrussia.com/2021/10/20...-art-painting/

We had some in the house because the girls mom would bring them back from Russia and Belarus.

Old 10-20-2021, 11:49 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Hello everybody!
What's up? What is new they write and say about Russia?))
I was a little busy with some family matters, and of course I was a little absent from work))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe