Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2021, 05:05 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,686 times

Advertisements

The US has declared all Russians to be "stateless" people. That will break the visa deadlock by allowing Russians to apply for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas in third countries, but mostly Poland.
The one condition is that the applicants have to make the application in person in the 3rd country by appointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
This is largely due to the mutual decimation of embassy staff in the US and Russia. There's no one in the Moscow embassy to do the processing of the paperwork.

Not such a good thing.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:37 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
The US has declared all Russians to be "stateless" people. That will break the visa deadlock by allowing Russians to apply for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas in third countries, but mostly Poland.
The one condition is that the applicants have to make the application in person in the 3rd country by appointment.
On the one hand, 99% of Russians will not be affected in any way.

On the other hand, by these actions, the United States is trying to put Russia on a par with "outcasts" like Venezuela or Somalia. But these attempts cause me only a sarcastic grin. This is similar to the actions of a bully in the sandbox, with whom no one wants to play and in retaliation he kicked all the buckets in different directions and trampled all the sand towers.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
On the one hand, 99% of Russians will not be affected in any way.

On the other hand, by these actions, the United States is trying to put Russia on a par with "outcasts" like Venezuela or Somalia. But these attempts cause me only a sarcastic grin. This is similar to the actions of a bully in the sandbox, with whom no one wants to play and in retaliation he kicked all the buckets in different directions and trampled all the sand towers.
Quaint.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:34 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Quaint.
Do you have other opinion?

Old 10-30-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Do you have other opinion?
Yes, I do, on the US action, but not on your characterization of it, which displays little more than a 1950's cold war attitude. My brother's MiL is one of your 1% who will benefit, by being able to come to see her new grandchild.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:52 PM

It seems certain EU countries are coming around to something like reality. This is long but well worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUB6daSN_6g

Moldovia, Hungary, Poland and some others are currently seeking or have new contracts with Russias Gazprom instead of relying on the EUs system to acquire what they need for this winter. A wise move. Unfortunately for Ukraine, they're going to have to chop down trees. Their gas system is decrepit. Most of their coal mines were in the Donbas region whom they spend a lot of time and money throwing artillery shells at.

Ukraine is in a real bad way. I expect drama in the near future as they probably steal the gas they need this winter from the Europeans. If it happens that should be interesting.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do, on the US action, but not on your characterization of it, which displays little more than a 1950's cold war attitude. My brother's MiL is one of your 1% who will benefit, by being able to come to see her new grandchild.
What is your opinion on this? It seems it's simply a matter of necessity under current conditions but i thoroughly condemn the actions of the West which brought us here.

This is simply a visible manifestation of the cancerous condition of Western policy.

Bad policy hurts everyone.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What is your opinion on this? It seems it's simply a matter of necessity under current conditions but i thoroughly condemn the actions of the West which brought us here.

This is simply a visible manifestation of the cancerous condition of Western policy.

Bad policy hurts everyone.
My opinion is that it was a good temporary move.

Which "actions of the west" are you referring to?

Your implication is that the "cancerous condition of western policy" is otherwise invisible.
Can you explain what you mean by that?

Old 10-30-2021, 10:59 PM

Consider this.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2019/0...oken-pub-79323

I am pressed for time but in short the powerful people of the Western world have minds reptilian in nature. It's something I finally picked out after years of studying animal behavior.

I'll hunt down a video of a perfect example and post it tomorrow.

Said in haste the mindset of the leaders of the West is that of rulers and those ruled. There is nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe