Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2021, 11:05 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This is what I think is having a profound effect on the situation. The Russia/China alliance. Along with a total lack of realistic world view in the West it all but ensures an antagonistic instead of cooperative course going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-EgtorHtM&t=1641s

In the West the only path being considered is that of confrontation. Working together for mutual benefit is not a worthy effort.

Putin just made a speech on a subject ( in Valdai.)

I am not going to sit through 3 hours of it on RT, obviously, but here is an important excerpt from it;

"Some Westerners believe “the aggressive deletion of whole pages of their own history, reverse discrimination against the majority in the interests of minorities … constitute movement toward public renewal,” Putin said. “It’s their right, but we are asking them to steer clear of our home. We have a different viewpoint.”

Here are more bottom line points;

"Putin outlined his view of Russia’s ideology as a counterbalance to what he derided as cancel culture, reverse racism and the “monstrous” forcing of transgenderism onto children.

“People who dare to say that men and women still exist as a biological fact are almost ostracized… Not to mention the simply monstrous fact that children today are taught from a young age that a boy can easily become a girl and vice versa.”
“Let's call a spade a spade: This simply verges on crimes against humanity under the banner of progress.”

So it's becoming more and more clear, that it's not only growing "geographical conflict," where the new alliances ( like between China and Russia) are born, but ideological global conflict as well, with Russia pointing its finger specifically at the "left" Western agenda, considering it hostile to Russia's very essence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 04:02 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's all kinda slipping under the radar. ( As much as the recent severance of diplomatic relations between NATO and Russia.)) So we are inching closer and closer to wold war III, and Russians are already talking about this possibility.
I don't really follow the political agenda right now, but when I read in the news about Lavrov's words that communication between NATO and Russia was terminated on November 1, I also thought that this was a very bad sign. Unfortunately, people seem to forget what these games lead to. And I don't know whose fault it is.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I don't really follow the political agenda right now, but when I read in the news about Lavrov's words that communication between NATO and Russia was terminated on November 1, I also thought that this was a very bad sign. Unfortunately, people seem to forget what these games lead to. And I don't know whose fault it is.

We are not in November 1st yet, don't scare me like that, but other than this, I feel lately that I am in some twilight zone, in some kind of "alternative reality."

It all starts with the accusations towards Russia of the "energy crisis in Europe."

I am like what the heck, you people refused of the long-term contracts yourselves, how is it Russia's fault?

Or why should Russia "increase supply via existing pipes" in Ukraine, to subsidize the budget of a country that is killing Russians and prohibits its citizen to speak their native tongue ( i.e. Russian)?
Are you nuts?
How all this is Russia' fault that the winds were not blowing throughout summer time, and that this whole "green energy" thing turned out to be a fluke, with Europe coming short on energy supplies?

Am I missing something here?
But then I listened to Sharij's analysis of situation on this front, and nope, I am not *missing* anything - it is what it is, precisely the way I was initially perceiving the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkGdw1QI4bc

So this brings me than to the next point.

So NATO sends out eight Russian diplomats accusing them of spying, with no attempt to bring any proofs, ( "we do that just because we think they are spies" - that kind of tune.)
So Lavrov says "fine," and then the Russians close down that diplomatic mission in NATO all together, saying "you can send your reps to the Russian embassy in Brussels if you need, not a big deal."

The most amazing thing in this whole story, is that this becomes part of the "Russian unpredictability" somehow, that Russians are accused of.
Imagine this, we rebuke you like you are some 6 years old, send out your diplomats ( for real or concocted reasons - who knows,) and then your reaction becomes "unpredictable" all of a sudden.

( That is of course if it's not a case that it's actually very predictable, and then *we* can proceed to the next step of preparing the next aggressive move.)
Which in this case are those "Steadfast Noon" military drills that NATO was running now in Southern Europe.

Although the Wiki says that it's a yearly event, and nothing to see here, there is sure something to see here this October.

If you look at the NATO site, there is very little info about it, with some cute unrelated quiz.

You can look for the the info elsewhere of course, and find something like

"Ghedi (Italy)AB is home to the Italian Air Force’s 6th Stormo wing, which is tasked to employ U.S. B61 bombs with PA-200 Tornado of the 102nd and 154th fighter-bomber squadrons. There are an estimated 15 B61 bombs stored in underground vaults at the base. The bombs are in the custody of the USAF’s 704th Munition Support Squadron (MUNSS), a 130-personnel strong security and maintenance unit embedded at the base."

But this is still a far cry from, say, Deutche Welle IN RUSSIAN, that puts it loud and clear

"According to official figures, the exercises this year are being held in airspace
over the southern territory of the alliance. This means that, as part of the maneuvers,
the use of American B61 nuclear bombs, which, according to unconfirmed reports,
are stored at the Gedi military airbase in northern Italy, can be practiced.
At the same time, the exact location and other details of the exercises in NATO
are not disclosed. A flight data assessment conducted by Danish nuclear weapons
expert Hans Christensen said a German Tornado fighter plane landed at Gedi airfield
on Monday.

According to military experts, during the Resilient Noon maneuvers, among other things,
the transportation of American nuclear weapons from underground storage facilities and
their attachment to fighters will be practiced. However, training flights will be
carried out without bombs."

But wait, there is more. This very "weapons expert Hans Kristensen" guesses that it's an interesting coincidence - the visit of American Defense Secretary to Tbilissi, Georgia and Kiev, (and mass movement of American weaponry to the Black Sea region, as Russians report.)

What a coincidence indeed.
And all this takes place under the pretext of "Russia's threat to the Baltic countries and Ukraine."

Putin recently said that it took him nine hours flight to make it to Vladivostok, and it's dumb to think that Russia "needs more territories," so obviously that's not the point.

Then the point is back to the square one apparently - Russia's natural resources, that make Russia invincible through all the "economic sanctions" imposed by the West.

Plus, of course, Russia's growing union with China, which only reinforces Russian position.

So whose fault do you think it is - this growing crisis?

Old 10-22-2021, 08:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Scrat... She was very flirtatious and her choice of the outfit was a good indicator.
I consulted 3 experts and one stated. "I don't have time to watch a goddamn video of a discussion between some vamp b---h and an old fart, I don't care one single bit." I didn't press her on the subject.

The second expert had watched the video and said. "It was a shallow marketing stunt meant to generate propaganda opportunities and yes she was trying to be seductive but she wasn't up to the task."

The third expert (male) stated "No, she's just a floozie."

Not much to work with.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:39 PM

I don't have to think about who is to blame. It's quite evident to me and there is quite a lot of cost attached to it, that's what scares me.

China is developing by leaps and bounds and the West cannot allow itself to be kicked off the top of the heap and into the lake of fire. Cooperation for mutual benefit IS NOT a possibility for America, it's inconceivable to those on the top. Russia cannot allow the 3 legged power structure of today to fall apart without action. They will not be able to stand aside in a war between China and America, they must go with China.

Nuclear confrontation is not off the table in the West. I fear the minds that think there's such a thing as "limited nuclear warfare".

Old 10-22-2021, 11:46 PM

Wind tears scaffolding off of Kremlin wall.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=15rrdw

Old 10-25-2021, 08:15 PM

What's with these women in high positions in the Western military?
They shouldn't be there since they don't have brains.
And military is not a place for brainless people, since it's potentially dangerous for everyone.

This idiot is wearing Ukraine military insignia while visiting Donbass

US Defense Attache Colonel Brittany Stewart wearing Ukraine insignia "totally inappropriate"

Here she is in all her Nazi glory
https://www.quora.com/Why-did-an-Ame...in-the-Donbass

And here she is again delivering the third batch of US military aid to Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNIf1xvvbs&t=59s

And this is her evil German twin, the Federal Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, who talks tough, threatening Russia with *nuclear deterrence.*

"The Federal Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer spoke to Deutschlandfunk before a meeting with their NATO counterparts in favor of an even tougher course towards Russia. She stated:

“We have to make it very clear to Russia that in the end we (…) are ready to use such means (such as nuclear weapons) so that it has a deterrent effect beforehand and nobody gets the idea, for example (in the) rooms Over the Baltic or in the Black Sea (…) to attack NATO partners. That is the core idea of ​​NATO. “

https://then24.com/2021/10/22/kramp-...gainst-russia/

Are they the idiots?

Of course they are.

So why are they in the military again?

Last edited by erasure; 10-25-2021 at 09:07 PM..

Old 10-26-2021, 06:29 PM

Russia does have its brutal side. Somebody did not like this individual and for good reason.

I feel bad for the kid.

https://smolnarod.ru/sn/incidents/v-...a-i-ego-semyu/

English translation.

Quote:
In Moscow, on Mosfilmovskaya street, a group murder took place. The parents and the child were killed. The murdered head of the family was Mikhail Yakhontov, a former top manager of Smolensk Bank. This is reported by telegram channel 112.
It is noted that the family has stopped communicating since Sunday. The alarm was sounded by a family friend who asked their housekeeper to bring the keys to Yakhontov's apartment. The bodies of the strangled 39-year-old wife of Mikhail Yakhontov Antonina and 8-year-old son Gleb were found in the apartment. The body of the father of the family was found in the corridor.

Mikhail Yakhontov served six years for the deliberate bankruptcy of Smolensk Bank . The businessman and his three accomplices withdrew more than 600 million rubles from the head office through the capital branch to the accounts of controlled foreign companies . The owner of Smolensk Bank, Pavel ****ov, is still on the international wanted list. Antonina Nosyreva, wife of Mikhail Yakhontov, was engaged in the automotive business.

According to the press service of the Main Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation for the city of Moscow, a criminal case was initiated on this fact on the grounds of a crime under Art. 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (murder of two or more persons). Currently, investigators and forensic experts are working at the scene, all the circumstances of the incident are being established.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:58 PM

Something just the opposite.

https://englishrussia.com/2021/10/21...memories-back/

Old 10-27-2021, 04:31 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
They're beautiful paintings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe