Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2021, 02:07 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Hello everybody!
What's up? What is new they write and say about Russia?))
I was a little busy with some family matters, and of course I was a little absent from work))

Nothing.

Nothing, other than Putin supposedly ( being a male chauvinist pig that he is, ) complimented some Hadley Gambler of CNBC who was interviewing him during the energy summit.

There she is, demonstrating her beautiful physique, so Putin jokes good-naturedly,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLzejY5zV5U

and look what they made out of it)))

Putin directs sexist remark at US anchor

Putin in sexist put-down of CNBC anchor

This is of course more fun to talk about, than, say, about the current visit of the head of the Pentagon, LLoyd Austin to Georgia and then - to Kiev.

You won't see any discussion of it on the Politics forum here.

It's all kinda slipping under the radar. ( As much as the recent severance of diplomatic relations between NATO and Russia.)) So we are inching closer and closer to wold war III, and Russians are already talking about this possibility.

So when I am listening to the Russian news today, things are actually getting more and more alarming.
But nope, no one is saying anything around here.

So you didn't miss anything actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMNQubNyPRg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 06:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
I noticed the NATO scuffle a day or so ago. It's just more of the same lunacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CcHJVsDFjY

On that explosion in the Czech Republic. Did the authorities ever even consider the fact that it was a fire arms and ammunition depot owned/rented by that Bulgarian oligarch? This is just a campaign to interrupt any solutions to problems Russia and the EU have. That's all.

Russia cut all ties in retaliation it seems. There's no point in keeping it going now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnhV2kg01xU

Old 10-20-2021, 06:55 PM

On this video.

What in the hell is a Mideast Expert reporter doing in Moscow? That's the only question I have. I don't think she's an idiot, a talking head who most likely knows little of what she is talking about about at the moment does fit though.

As for her I recognize the difference between an attempt at seduction and a womans obsessive (borderline insane) need to be what she considers properly dressed. When she stuck out her tongue it was not seduction, it was the unconscious expression of someone in deep thought dealing with a problem. I do the same thing.

I think both sides are playing games here.

I found this especially interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpzTQuKgu0M

It seems Western experts are pretty deluded.

Old 10-20-2021, 07:06 PM

Hurray-hurray, I found it! I found it!

The legendary "Seventeen Moments of Spring" with English subs))))
I can finally introduce my son to the movie, the music from which I made him play on piano since he was a kid))) ( The opening theme here.)

And I am re-watching it now myself, and it's as fascinating as when I was watching it back in my childhood with my grand-parents)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZhgXs_iFRs

Old 10-20-2021, 09:53 PM

1,348 posts, read 626,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Hurray-hurray, I found it! I found it!

The legendary "Seventeen Moments of Spring" with English subs))))
I can finally introduce my son to the movie, the music from which I made him play on piano since he was a kid))) ( The opening theme here.)

And I am re-watching it now myself, and it's as fascinating as when I was watching it back in my childhood with my grand-parents)))
I've watched this movie probably twenty times. It's like Soviet comedies, you can watch endlessly. It seems like you already know every scene by heart and you can watch with your eyes closed and understand what is happening on the screen from the dialogues, but you still discover something new for yourself.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
On this video.

What in the hell is a Mideast Expert reporter doing in Moscow? That's the only question I have. I don't think she's an idiot, a talking head who most likely knows little of what she is talking about about at the moment does fit though.

As for her I recognize the difference between an attempt at seduction and a womans obsessive (borderline insane) need to be what she considers properly dressed. When she stuck out her tongue it was not seduction, it was the unconscious expression of someone in deep thought dealing with a problem. I do the same thing.

I think both sides are playing games here.

Scrat... She was very flirtatious and her choice of the outfit was a good indicator.

But if she decided to go this rout - who cares, no harm done, Putin complimented her ( since she was good-looking AND flirtatious.)

But he did it in a very nice friendly manner, and it was not a put-down in the way the Western media is trying to portray it.

He used "beautiful" in conjunction with "simpatichnaya," which can be equally applied to men or women. Which in Russian gives to the compliment a very lighthearted connotation, which indicates in this case "you are not paying attention at what I just said," not that the person is stupid or unqualified.

But Anglo-media doesn't even notice this word ( it's probably more familiar to the French.)

And of course no one in Russia thought that she is some "unqualified fool" because of her looks or choice of attire.

I've noticed today that even certain hateful hard-liner said that "she is not Psaki."

Now Psaki - that's someone they literally are chuckling about over there.

So this "sexist putdown" is something politically-correct Anglo-media came up with.

P.S. That Fiona Hill is something else, (as I've already noticed during her testimony against Trump.)

Last edited by erasure; 10-21-2021 at 01:40 PM..

Old 10-22-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Hello everybody!
What's up? What is new they write and say about Russia?))
I was a little busy with some family matters, and of course I was a little absent from work))
Any pictures from your expedition to the Caucasus? Hope all went well.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:15 AM

Pointing fingers while playing with big guns.

Old 10-22-2021, 10:06 AM

This is what I think is having a profound effect on the situation. The Russia/China alliance. Along with a total lack of realistic world view in the West it all but ensures an antagonistic instead of cooperative course going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-EgtorHtM&t=1641s

In the West the only path being considered is that of confrontation. Working together for mutual benefit is not a worthy effort.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:01 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,192,804 times
Alexander Mercouris is a disbarred barrister. It is no wonder the fraüdster supports Putin's Kleptocracy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe