Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 05:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

What I find mysterious is how Russians pay their taxes and avoid paying them. Your average Russian citizen will have several "gigs" or revenue streams and I know that they don't pay the taxes they should. What it comes to some of the niceties we have in the west and the Russians don't it's largely because Russians pay less taxes (cheat!!!) and therefore the money is not available for such things.

Quote:
The difference between Russia and the West is that in the West, the governments tell you they're taxing you. In Russia, it can be rather mysterious. There's not the same level of transparency.
Oh really? LMAO!!! You have no idea in how many ways you're taxed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Could you folks please provide captions with the photos you're posting, so that we can know what we're looking at, exactly? I'd like to know where those churches are, including the ruined one that Alec posted. Thanks.
The church with the blue cupolas is in southern Moscow not too far from the Freightliner dealer on Kashierskaya blvd. I saw it when I had to go to the dealer to pick up some hydraulic hoses there years ago. I took a nap on the front lawn.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 AM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Cool photos. Very emotional.
Yeah... I think the camera and lens of the photographer are more expensive than the property of locals...

When I look at these photos it becomes terrible. These peoples have nothing to lose. They can throw all at any moment and leave on war, to Donbass. And die for phantom Kremlin ideas. And these peoples millions across all Russia...

Old 01-26-2017, 09:09 AM

7 posts, read 4,394 times
Quote:
They removed the subsidies on gasoline, though that was done already in the late 80's/2000's. They may have gone even farther than that; they may have artificially raised the price to closer to "world" prices, or levied a hefty tax on gas, like California and some European countries do. The difference between Russia and the West is that in the West, the governments tell you they're taxing you. In Russia, it can be rather mysterious. There's not the same level of transparency.
We do not have subsidies in the cost of fuel. In the price of fuel is tax. It is about 60%! So in my town, people with the average salary, per day can earn money for 26 liters of regular gasoline. It is approximately 6.8 gallons. I live at a distance of 1000 kilometers from Moscow, which is about 621 miles American. I really watch a lot of YouTube, many Americans of Russian descent have their own channels and talk about life. I would be very surprised when you have in the U.S. the price of gasoline has fallen, along with world oil prices. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Not true.
Taxation in Russia these days is very transparent, and far lower than in the US, and somehow Russians get guaranteed 30 day vacations, nearly free healthcare and free education up to advanced degree.

Americans would kill for Russian 13% flat income tax and $50/year property tax on average size apartment.
Very one-sided post.
We can't take vacation directly for 28 days. As a rule, in private companies allow to take vacations for no more than 14 days. It already has mass character. Still there are tough time limits on issue, it isn't possible to go on leave at all seasons of the year. Besides, as in many organizations black accounts department, a payment for issue very small.

Further...
Education. Yes it is free, up to university. But parents shall pay regularly charges to kindergarten and school. The purpose of these fees very different, on food, on repairs of rooms, on updating the equipment. We will allow at schools raised money for purchase of computers earlier. But in case of this quality of training can be very bad. Parents shall be ready, give money for additional classes with private teachers. Into the account of universities. Real chances to arrive on free training, at the simple school student, are only on unclaimed specialties. On demanded specialties as a rule very great demand. And there is no inod, on demanded specialties free places at all.

Our medicine isn't free too. Every month we pay taxes. From these taxes there is a payment for the health insurance. As a rule this insurance grants the right to free inspection, diagnosis, to simple drugs, stay in hospital, food in hospital. But if some the disease, then drugs is serious we buy, according to the recipe of the doctor. We pay also serious transactions.

I apologize for mistakes and inaccuracies. I use an online translator.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:46 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine_M View Post
We do not have subsidies in the cost of fuel. In the price of fuel is tax. It is about 60%! So in my town, people with the average salary, per day can earn money for 26 liters of regular gasoline. It is approximately 6.8 gallons. I live at a distance of 1000 kilometers from Moscow, which is about 621 miles American. I really watch a lot of YouTube, many Americans of Russian descent have their own channels and talk about life. I would be very surprised when you have in the U.S. the price of gasoline has fallen, along with world oil prices. .
I don't understand the last sentence in your post. Gas prices in the US did, indeed, crash sometime in the last few years; I was paying around $4/gallon, then suddenly the price went down, down, down to under $2/gallon where I live. It can vary by state and location; California never got below $2/gallon, because they require a special mix for the gas, to limit pollution, plus they have a higher gas tax. Now the price is starting to go back up, slightly.

Yes, I'm aware of how much gas costs the average worker in Russia; a friend told me over 10 years ago that he can only buy a few gallons a month, or something. I wonder if the price is different for industry and trucking (distribution of goods); it would cause inflation if it were too expensive for the people who move food to market, and who are involved in the distribution of consumer goods, equipment, and so on. Perhaps diesel is cheaper?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:13 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Oh really? LMAO!!! You have no idea in how many ways you're taxed.
Believe whatever you need to believe to get through the day.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Believe whatever you need to believe to get through the day.
C'mon Ruth between taxes and a few other "fees" here in America your average American will find as much as 48% of his cost of living is going to taxes. You of course have a choice in what you consider "necessities" when making the decisions of what you need and don't and how to spend your money.

I also noticed Constantine mentioned that the cost of gas did not go down in Russia when the price of oil did. Here in America the price rose a few years ago and so did the cost of goods. I noticed the price of gas here has went down but the price of goods has not.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:30 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine_M View Post

Very one-sided post.
We can't take vacation directly for 28 days. As a rule, in private companies allow to take vacations for no more than 14 days. It already has mass character. Still there are tough time limits on issue, it isn't possible to go on leave at all seasons of the year. Besides, as in many organizations black accounts department, a payment for issue very small.

Further...
Education. Yes it is free, up to university. But parents shall pay regularly charges to kindergarten and school. The purpose of these fees very different, on food, on repairs of rooms, on updating the equipment. We will allow at schools raised money for purchase of computers earlier. But in case of this quality of training can be very bad. Parents shall be ready, give money for additional classes with private teachers. Into the account of universities. Real chances to arrive on free training, at the simple school student, are only on unclaimed specialties. On demanded specialties as a rule very great demand. And there is no inod, on demanded specialties free places at all.

Our medicine isn't free too. Every month we pay taxes. From these taxes there is a payment for the health insurance. As a rule this insurance grants the right to free inspection, diagnosis, to simple drugs, stay in hospital, food in hospital. But if some the disease, then drugs is serious we buy, according to the recipe of the doctor. We pay also serious transactions.

I apologize for mistakes and inaccuracies. I use an online translator.
Hi Constantin and welcome to the forum ( that is if you are planning to stick around.)

Let me try to decipher couple of places here ( I understand that you are using the on-line translator, so...

"But in case of this quality of training can be very bad. Parents shall be ready, give money for additional classes with private teachers."

Are you talking about the quality of learning process in secondary schools? Are you saying that it's often so bad, that parents have to pay for private teachers? Does it mean that different schools run on different programs, or programs are the same everywhere, however the teachers are better in some schools than the others? ( I know what its is in Moscow more or less, but not sure whether it's the same everywhere.)

and...

"Into the account of universities. Real chances to arrive on free training, at the simple school student, are only on unclaimed specialties. On demanded specialties as a rule very great demand. And there is no inod, on demanded specialties free places at all."

Are you saying that free of charge higher education ( so - called "budget" enrollment) is offered ONLY for studies/classes that don't have enough of demand? ( I.e. that are not popular among the high school students.) Should I make a guess that these *unpopular* studies have got something to do with math and physics/chemistry?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Yeah... I think the camera and lens of the photographer are more expensive than the property of locals...

When I look at these photos it becomes terrible. These peoples have nothing to lose. They can throw all at any moment and leave on war, to Donbass. And die for phantom Kremlin ideas. And these peoples millions across all Russia...

People make their choices in life. As those people have. Don't BS me. I've been to small villages in Russia and Belarus. Most of the people live clean productive lives, some do not. I suspect these people are in fact homeless because of drug use and alcohol abuse. They could change their circumstances, if they chose too.

While we're on the subject I think that things in Russia are not so bad because I can compare what I have seen there and what I see here on a daily basis. The hundreds of people living in tents and motor homes cars and even cardboard shantys just south of Seattle under the Spokane street bridge and around the Mariners stadium and Quest field. Need I go further out? I do and the numbers of destitute in America only continues to grow. It is unlike I have EVER seen it IN MY LIFE!!

I have recently seen homeless CHILDREN with their parents on the streets of Seattle. A father and his son and several mothers with a single child or children. I have seen drug addicted mothers on the buses of Seattle. I recently saw a woman (with a 3 or 4 year old) that had a huge sore on her forearm that druggies get when they miss the vein and the heroine goes into the surrounding tissue instead of the blood stream. All this I see regularly, from one end of my territory to the other. Everywhere.

People shouldn't condemn the homes of others unless theirs is immaculate.

Have you been to Warsaw lately? How's the Central train station doing?

Russia does have its problems, there's no denying that. It may even in fact get worse just like it is in America.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:33 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
People make their choices in life. As those people have. Don't BS me. I've been to small villages in Russia and Belarus. Most of the people live clean productive lives, some do not. I suspect these people are in fact homeless because of drug use and alcohol abuse. They could change their circumstances, if they chose too.

While we're on the subject I think that things in Russia are not so bad because I can compare what I have seen there and what I see here on a daily basis. The hundreds of people living in tents and motor homes cars and even cardboard shantys just south of Seattle under the Spokane street bridge and around the Mariners stadium and Quest field. Need I go further out? I do and the numbers of destitute in America only continues to grow. It is unlike I have EVER seen it IN MY LIFE!!

I have recently seen homeless CHILDREN with their parents on the streets of Seattle. A father and his son and several mothers with a single child or children. I have seen drug addicted mothers on the buses of Seattle. I recently saw a woman (with a 3 or 4 year old) that had a huge sore on her forearm that druggies get when they miss the vein and the heroine goes into the surrounding tissue instead of the blood stream. All this I see regularly, from one end of my territory to the other. Everywhere.

People shouldn't condemn the homes of others unless theirs is immaculate.

Have you been to Warsaw lately? How's the Central train station doing?

Russia does have its problems, there's no denying that. It may even in fact get worse just like it is in America.
Oh don't try to explain this to THIS KIND of Ukrainian.
They are familiar only with two colors - black and white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe