Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 04:54 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times

Advertisements

Capital outflow from Russia sets new records (interesting stat inside on the breakeven)

Capital outflow from Russia sets new records - Russian economy today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 11:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Cool.

https://www.rt.com/news/444256-fox-moscow-metro-pet/

Old 11-18-2018, 09:14 AM

Very interesting story on Pence and the Chinese at the APEC conference

Pence vows more trade war

The US takes objection to China's use of infrastructure debt financing to expand its influence in the developing world, the same tactic long used by the West. They see it as such a threat that they've invaded several countries, such as Iraq and Libya, that were forming their own regional development bank, and attempted coups against Venezuala, another with the same intent.

On a side note, t's also well known for some time that the US lacks refining capacity for the grade of crude oil produced from fracking operations and thus has to export much of the oil.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1GH188

I currently don't own any of the E&P companies involved in shale. Most of my holdings in the past 24 years in the oil & gas sector have been in deepwater and ultradeepwater (also both unconventional oil) and in oilfield service and machinery companies. Preference is always to stay with companies and industries that I've followed regularly over a long time.

Last edited by lchoro; 11-18-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Russia obtains a lot of revenue from oil, the drop in oil prices along with the reduced FDI from sanctions, has had an impact. If oil prices were still high as they were, the sanctions would not have had near the bite as they do now. Also, Russia based a lot of its programs, like the Armata, on projections of oil not dropping below a set point, which though not divulged, experts think around $75 or so, but that was not taking into account sanctions.
Like the other major producers, Saudi Arabia and US shale, they are producing more oil when the price rises and now will start to cut production with shale output likely reacting to the lower prices as well.

oil market management

Most of the decline in crude oil is over imo. Spec's record long position has essentially been erased by the abrupt turnabout by the Trump administration. The net long positions might go a little lower to match the low end of the range over the last four years.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:38 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Capital outflow from Russia sets new records (interesting stat inside on the breakeven)

Capital outflow from Russia sets new records - Russian economy today

Hey, look what else I found on their site;
This is from interview with this particular person - Francis Boyle, who is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law.

"Why is the West convinced that Russia can be broken down with the sanctions?
I regret to say what we are seeing here in the Unites States are the ascendancy of two factions in this country who are against Russia and the Russians. First is Brzezinski, who was Obama's mentor when Obama was a college student in Columbia, and Brzezinski in 2008 ran all the foreign affairs and defence policies of the Obama presidential campaign and has stacked his administration with advisor on Russia at the National Security Council comes from the Brzezinski's outpoll CSIS there in Washington D.C. I graduated from the same Ph.D. programme at Harvard that produced Brzezinski before me.
He is a die-hard Russian hater, he hates Russia, he hates the Russian, and he wants to break Russia up into its constituent units, and, unfortunately, he has his people, his proteges in the Democratic Party and in this Administration."

(So Brzezinski doctrine of course is a real thing ( I knew it all along,) and it seems to be alive and well. But reading on...)

"Second faction lining against Russia are the neo-conservatives, for e.g. this latest Brookings Institute report calling for arming the Ukrainian military in these Nazi formations which is now reflected in this latest bill just introduced into the Congress yesterday, and the neoconservatives feel exactly the same way against Russia and the Russians.
I went to school with large numbers of these neoconservatives at the University of Chicago, Wolfowitz and all the rest of them. Many of them are grandchildren of Jewish people, who fled the pogroms against Jews, and they have been brainwashed against Russia and the Russians. So you have two very powerful factions here in the United States against Russia and the Russians who are driving this policy, and I regret to report there are very few voices opposing this."

So here it is, in plain English.

I don't even know what else to add here.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Hey, look what else I found on their site;
This is from interview with this particular person - Francis Boyle, who is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law.

"Why is the West convinced that Russia can be broken down with the sanctions?
I regret to say what we are seeing here in the Unites States are the ascendancy of two factions in this country who are against Russia and the Russians. First is Brzezinski, who was Obama's mentor when Obama was a college student in Columbia, and Brzezinski in 2008 ran all the foreign affairs and defence policies of the Obama presidential campaign and has stacked his administration with advisor on Russia at the National Security Council comes from the Brzezinski's outpoll CSIS there in Washington D.C. I graduated from the same Ph.D. programme at Harvard that produced Brzezinski before me.
He is a die-hard Russian hater, he hates Russia, he hates the Russian, and he wants to break Russia up into its constituent units, and, unfortunately, he has his people, his proteges in the Democratic Party and in this Administration."

(So Brzezinski doctrine of course is a real thing ( I knew it all along,) and it seems to be alive and well. But reading on...)

"Second faction lining against Russia are the neo-conservatives, for e.g. this latest Brookings Institute report calling for arming the Ukrainian military in these Nazi formations which is now reflected in this latest bill just introduced into the Congress yesterday, and the neoconservatives feel exactly the same way against Russia and the Russians.
I went to school with large numbers of these neoconservatives at the University of Chicago, Wolfowitz and all the rest of them. Many of them are grandchildren of Jewish people, who fled the pogroms against Jews, and they have been brainwashed against Russia and the Russians. So you have two very powerful factions here in the United States against Russia and the Russians who are driving this policy, and I regret to report there are very few voices opposing this."

So here it is, in plain English.

I don't even know what else to add here.
I have always taken your word on that Erasure. It's very evident to me that the reptilian minds in charge are not serving humanity well. We could do so much more if it was different.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:50 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I have always taken your word on that Erasure. It's very evident to me that the reptilian minds in charge are not serving humanity well. We could do so much more if it was different.
Yup, but apparently it's not bound to happen.
And...
I knew that these "anti-Russia" fractions were both among the Democrats and Republicans, ( going back to post-Soviet period,) - I just have totally forgotten about the "Jewish component" of it.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Yup, but apparently it's not bound to happen.
And...
I knew that these "anti-Russia" fractions were both among the Democrats and Republicans, ( going back to post-Soviet period,) - I just have totally forgotten about the "Jewish component" of it.
The two pro-war groups are usually referred to as neo-liberals and neo-conservatives. Another term for them is neo-colonialists, especially as the great powers carved up the world after the Great War into spheres of influence along the same geographies as their former colonies.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Not that I'm surprised, but you're quoting a 4 year old interview with a man well known for spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. He looks for ways to tie any current world issue to Zionism and Jews. I guess that makes him a substantial authority in your eyes...

Old 11-19-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Hey, look what else I found...
Leningrad, 1942--LDNR 2018.

https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/201...ldnr-2018.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe