Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

So what seems to be a problem?

It was yet another *freedom fighter* persecuted by Russians, who got political asylum in the West.

Here it is for you, in black and white straight from the article;

"France has offered asylum to many Chechens since the Russian military waged war against Islamist separatists in Chechnya in the 1990s and early 2000s."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 07:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Update on the fish kill in Kamchatka.

https://www.rt.com/russia/503785-kam...-rt-interview/

A red tide can do that and it happens all the time. A natural occurance.

It's a mistake to let environmental groups into it. They'll go completely nuts. Blame it on everything from Putin washing his hands to aliens doing experiments.

Old 10-17-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Why this annoyance? Yes, it is unique, but where and how to use it? Finding an acceptable use for it and making a new and better one is no longer a problem.As far as I know, the topic of ekranoplans is not closed. people are working on.
I also heard that all research has ceased. Unless I interpreted words wrong.

Old 10-18-2020, 12:48 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Update on the fish kill in Kamchatka.

https://www.rt.com/russia/503785-kam...-rt-interview/

A red tide can do that and it happens all the time. A natural occurance.

It's a mistake to let environmental groups into it. They'll go completely nuts. Blame it on everything from Putin washing his hands to aliens doing experiments.
yep upon reading other articles that does seem to be the case, in the end of the day I guess it doesn't really even compare to the huge dead zones of hypoxia caused by nitrogen and phosphorous run off from agriculture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)

I'm actually surprised that there is no dead zone in the Caspian sea? I would think there is a huge amount of nutrient run off from the Volga similar to the Mississippi river? Or perhaps it exists, but just didn't find any sources for it? Anyway apparently the Black sea used to have the largest dead zone in the world, but after the fall of the Soviet Union it has mostly recovered due to reduced use in expensive fertilizers. That honor now falls on the Gulf of Mexico for the largest dead zone.

"the Black Sea dead zone, previously the largest in the world, largely disappeared between 1991 and 2001 after fertilizers became too costly to use following the collapse of the Soviet Union and the demise of centrally planned economies in Eastern and Central Europe. Fishing has again become a major economic activity in the region."

Old 10-18-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
yep upon reading other articles that does seem to be the case, in the end of the day I guess it doesn't really even compare to the huge dead zones of hypoxia caused by nitrogen and phosphorous run off from agriculture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)

I'm actually surprised that there is no dead zone in the Caspian sea? I would think there is a huge amount of nutrient run off from the Volga similar to the Mississippi river? Or perhaps it exists, but just didn't find any sources for it? Anyway apparently the Black sea used to have the largest dead zone in the world, but after the fall of the Soviet Union it has mostly recovered due to reduced use in expensive fertilizers. That honor now falls on the Gulf of Mexico for the largest dead zone.

"the Black Sea dead zone, previously the largest in the world, largely disappeared between 1991 and 2001 after fertilizers became too costly to use following the collapse of the Soviet Union and the demise of centrally planned economies in Eastern and Central Europe. Fishing has again become a major economic activity in the region."
The use of industrial fertilizers are coming back in the Ukraine. That respite will not last long. Russia too. I am unclear as to Russia environmental policies on their use.

I have heard the major rivers are much more productive.

Svetlana and her family were part of a major environmental campaign in north east Belarus against illegal fishing and poaching about 10 years ago. City merchants and Russian poachers were stripping the fields lakes and streams of their region.
They went to the government with their evidence and they got help. A lot of poachers were arrested and sometimes caught by locals and beaten. Their cars stripped then dragged away their fish weirs and gear destroyed.

Now there are fish everywhere and you can't walk through a field without stepping on quail and pheasant.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:29 AM

Russia launched the Arktika. Largest icebreaker in the world.

https://www.rt.com/business/504112-r...ic-icebreaker/

Old 10-23-2020, 01:56 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
My colleague received the vaccine (he participated in the Moscow Extended Testing). I want to, too, but it looks like I'll have to wait until the end of November.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So what seems to be a problem?

It was yet another *freedom fighter* persecuted by Russians, who got political asylum in the West.

Here it is for you, in black and white straight from the article;

"France has offered asylum to many Chechens since the Russian military waged war against Islamist separatists in Chechnya in the 1990s and early 2000s."

As I understand it, he was born in France into a family of terrorists (or rebels, as they are called in the west) from Chechnya.

Old 10-23-2020, 02:21 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
As I understand it, he was born in France into a family of terrorists (or rebels, as they are called in the west) from Chechnya.
No he was born in Moscow to Chechnyan parents.

Abdoullakh Anzorov was born in 2002 in Moscow. He was of Chechen origin and lived in Evreux, in the Eure region. In France, ” the
had a residence permit issued on March 4 and valid until March 2030 “, And” he enjoyed refugee status », Said Jean-François Ricard. His criminal record was clean, but he was known to the police for ” cases of degradation of public property and violence in meetings », Continued the prosecutor. The intelligence services did not know him.

He had not had any links with Moscow since 2008, noted the Russian embassy on Saturday, cited by Russian agencies. ” This crime has nothing to do with Russia, given that this individual had lived in France for 12 years and had been welcomed by the French side. », Said Sergei Parinov, a spokesperson for the Russian representation in Paris at the Tass agency.https://alkhaleejtoday.co/internatio...muel-Paty.html

Old 10-23-2020, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
No he was born in Moscow to Chechnyan parents.

Abdoullakh Anzorov was born in 2002 in Moscow. He was of Chechen origin and lived in Evreux, in the Eure region. In France, ” the
had a residence permit issued on March 4 and valid until March 2030 “, And” he enjoyed refugee status », Said Jean-François Ricard. His criminal record was clean, but he was known to the police for ” cases of degradation of public property and violence in meetings », Continued the prosecutor. The intelligence services did not know him.

He had not had any links with Moscow since 2008, noted the Russian embassy on Saturday, cited by Russian agencies. ” This crime has nothing to do with Russia, given that this individual had lived in France for 12 years and had been welcomed by the French side. », Said Sergei Parinov, a spokesperson for the Russian representation in Paris at the Tass agency.https://alkhaleejtoday.co/internatio...muel-Paty.html

Yes, thank you. He left at the age of 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe