Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 12:43 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndRugby View Post
And then you blamed America for John Wayne gacy becoming a serial killer. So what is your point?
I just wonder how America is able to produce these serial killers, year in and year out. Must be something wrong somewhere, perhaps in the society?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:51 PM

788 posts, read 1,249,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
I just wonder how America is able to produce these serial killers, year in and year out.
Well, I wonder that also. America seems to have more serial killers than other nations. I do know of serial killers in the UK and Russia.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:00 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,566 times
Quote:
Well, I wonder that also. America seems to have more serial killers than other nations. I do know of serial killers in the UK and Russia.
They don't though. Of the 15 most prolific serial killers, 1 is American. South American countries top the list with Columbia having the top 3.Russia and former soviet countries have the 4. We do have too many, but we aren't quite as bad as it seems

Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
They don't though. Of the 15 most prolific serial killers, 1 is American. South American countries top the list with Columbia having the top 3.Russia and former soviet countries have the 4. We do have too many, but we aren't quite as bad as it seems
Thanks for the info. I did not know that. Do you have a link where I could read more about it? Much obliged.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I did not know that. Do you have a link where I could read more about it? Much obliged.
I got it from Wiki actually. But I must admit to having a fasciniation with serial killers and I have studied a lot about them.

List of serial killers by number of victims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA,something that I thinks influence there numbers though, is the justice system of the countries involved. We tend to catch our serial killers at lower number, while some, in more poor countries manage undiscovered for decades, and they often prey on the poorest members of society. The ones who are less likely to get attention when they disapear

Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,625 times
Quote:
I'm not even shocked any more when I hear BBC telling me about yet another mass killing in the US. Sad.

England has had several over a course of many years.

Scotland had one in 1996 at a school. Gun laws weren't liberal then but were changed to very strict right after the shooting.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I got it from Wiki actually. But I must admit to having a fasciniation with serial killers and I have studied a lot about them.

List of serial killers by number of victims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks.

Quote:
ETA,something that I thinks influence there numbers though, is the justice system of the countries involved. We tend to catch our serial killers at lower number, while some, in more poor countries manage undiscovered for decades
I think you are right.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I'm not even shocked any more when I hear BBC telling me about yet another mass killing in the US. Sad.

England has had several over a course of many years.

Scotland had one in 1996 at a school. Gun laws weren't liberal then but were changed to very strict right after the shooting.
Mass killing. Yes, different topic and I bet we are number 1 for that

Old 08-15-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Mass killing. Yes, different topic and I bet we are number 1 for that
We've had two in Holland. And one guy trying to perpetrate a mass killing with his car.
In Canada there is large gunownership also, but it at least seems, far less mass killings.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
robably really nice for families that like their own space but I didn't like the lack of communal space for the kids to play (well apart from the forest but you wouldn't want the really little ones playing in the forest out of sight)
What do you mean by communal space? Like public parks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe