Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:52 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,405,496 times

Advertisements

What is a sub Saharan black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 04:06 PM

283 posts, read 328,615 times
It was only a matter of time before this thread shifted from Middle Easterners/Arabs to the TRUE obsession of many white Europeans...black people

Nice sick obsession some of you guys have

inb4 someone quotes this and tries to say they arent obsessed

Old 03-04-2015, 04:14 PM

283 posts, read 328,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
the sub-saharan blacks couldn't invent the wheel by themselves, so that they'd be the inventors of chess is laughable.
Neither did the peoples of the Americas.

And here is the reason why according to some top anthropologists. Turns out there is less need for the wheel without a beast of burden to help move those heavy carts or wagons that are likely to be used. In other words, there is no way to move the weight without an ox or a horse.

Seems Africans never tamed the water buffalo as did the people of South Asia or Southeast Asia, who would use it as their primary beast of burden for centuries.

You also have to balance off the work that needs to be accomplished with the value of food a domesticated animal will consume. An animal the size of the water buffalo would take many times the food of, say, a small herd of goats, which could return food value in milk and cheeses without specific care or food gathering.

Remember, Africa doesn't produce as much food per acre as there is almost no top soil left in the great basins that comprise most of the available land. Erosion over the millenniums has carried most of the really good top soil away. The valuable volcanic land is scarce and limited to Rwanda and Burundi.

As far a mechanical devices that use wheels, those machines were developed out of using the wheel in transport and followed, rather than preceded, the invention of a wheel.

Short story: no beast to pull the weight, no wheel.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:26 PM

7,742 posts, read 6,500,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
"Europeans", you mean Spaniards.

Where the hell are Spaniards from? Aus-f@ckin'-stralia?

Old 03-04-2015, 05:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,421,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I dont know why when I hear the term "racist scandinavian" I picture some super pale loser with a skryllex hairstyle

heheheehehe
Why do racists have to be pale? ... :-)

The decline of this thread actually defies physics.

I picture all the regular city-data/europe posters in a cafeteria food fight. :-)

I sense an impending locking sound.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:51 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,822,813 times
First of all, don't generalize, France, Ireland and the UK have birth rates that are slightly higher or about the same as replacmenet level. I guess you're right about the rest of Europe though!

Anyway, this has already happened in Rotterdam and the Hague, where foreign born population outweighs the local one, things are fine there for the moment, the way things will go depends on the country as each of them has a different policy regarding immigration and integration.

First, i have no problem with this as long as those who come here make an effort to adapt to the culture of the country of which they're at first host and then citizens. This is slowly happening throughout Europe, the only country i actually worry about is Sweden because it has been taking in a disproportionate amount in the last few years (a rate of 1% when compared to their actual population). Also immigration from areas that are more alike culturally to Europe outgrows immigration from those countries whose culture and religion are considered a threat to our values.

I recently noticed how certain minorities (Peruvians, Pinoys, Romanians, Nigerians but mostly those coming form a Christian background) are far more likely to get acclimatized and adapt to our culture than others, we should make an effort to try to attract more immigration from those countries with whom we have the most cultural affinities.

I think we'll be fine for a while, though

Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,822,813 times
The fact that all this threads are often being derailed in the same old arguments by the same posters is sad. It seems like those two have an inferiority complex.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,894,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Where the hell are Spaniards from? Aus-f@ckin'-stralia?
Genius, see blame the entire continent for what only some did in the past.
Have you understood it now or should I rephrase in an even simpler way?

Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,757,091 times
If 50 % of the population in Europe would drop dead next week every European country would still remain way too crowded and sometimes unlivable.
Same thing could be said about New York City, Los Angeles, or Beijing or Hong Kong.
Running out of bodies with a pulse is the very last problem in Europe, or any other place I can think of.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:07 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,980,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
True.

At least they didn't commit genocide.
I don't know about genocide, but the Chinook and Cherokee kept slaves, that is a fact. People are people and a true anti-racist wouldn't uphold indigenous people on a pedestal as being morally superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe