Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 02:03 AM

312 posts, read 482,664 times

Advertisements

I am not saying it will, and I am not trying to stir a debate on whether it will or won't. I'm asking how do you feel about it?

It is common knowledge that European birth rates are way below replacement level. To solve this problem European governments are importing immigrants. Some (most?) of which are of a radically different cultural and ethnic background than indigenous Europeans. However, logic dictates that if one group is aging and not reproducing enough to sustain its population size, and another new group is both coming in large numbers and reproducing at high levels that eventually you will hit a point where the new group is bigger than the old one.

Again, I don't want to discuss if this will happen or not. There are many variables at play and a million things could happen between then and now. Also that topic is just going to get accusations of paranoia and racism thrown around because such is the world we live in.

I'm asking, how would you feel it for instance people of North African heritage became the largest group in France, or South Asians in Britain, or Arabs in Sweden? Would you be okay with this? Would you not be okay with this? Why or why not? How do you think the population at large would feel about this? What do you think would change about your country?

I am curious to see your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 02:14 AM

5,411 posts, read 3,611,034 times
it would change our nation out of all recognition. there will probably be a new English civil war long before that happens.

Last edited by bigpaul; 03-04-2015 at 02:39 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,842,033 times
The same way my people "The natives of the Americas" felt when Europeans came in and exterminated us in enormous numbers and destroyed our culture and forced us to adopt theirs....

depressed and sad

what's ironic is that at the time Europeans though the culture of the natives of the americas was backwards, cavemen like...
fast forward 500 years and Europeans have adopted it and considered it new age, because its ecological and peaceful. (ignoring however the respect for mother nature, the focus towards harmony are Amerindian cultural traits!)

Old 03-04-2015, 03:45 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,891,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
The same way my people "The natives of the Americas" felt when Europeans came in and exterminated us in enormous numbers and destroyed our culture and forced us to adopt theirs....

depressed and sad

what's ironic is that at the time Europeans though the culture of the natives of the americas was backwards, cavemen like...
fast forward 500 years and Europeans have adopted it and considered it new age, because its ecological and peaceful. (ignoring however the respect for mother nature, the focus towards harmony are Amerindian cultural traits!)
"Europeans", you mean Spaniards.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
"Europeans", you mean Spaniards.
Spaniards, portuguese, french, dutch, british

Old 03-04-2015, 03:50 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,973,192 times
Quote:
A lot of that noble savage stuff is a myth. The Natives damaged their environment too.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
A lot of that noble savage stuff is a myth. The Natives damaged their environment too.
No, their religions and way of life was linked to the worshipping and praising of mother nature!!

their God was the sun, the moon, the water, the mountains!!!

noble savage stuff?

honey if anyone were savages those were the ones who got there on top of boats ready to rape and kill anything that moved and then forced their European religion down the ones left throats to the risk of facing death.

(sort of like ISIS does today in syria) I think the colonizers of Americas were thugs like ISIS... look at the way they behaved (I'll kill you or enslave you or rape you if you do not comply with what I want!) and then filled the continent with Africans importing them as slaves

I think is ridiculous than a typical jamaican is black and not a native of the americas!!! or that a typical Canadian is white and not a native of the americas!

This is why I have no sympathy for Europeans when they cry about immigration!

Europe should issue a formal apology!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:00 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,840,188 times
The natives of the Americas were peaceful? They were constantly at war with each other, same as Europeans.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:37 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,392,451 times
Quote:
No, their religions and way of life was linked to the worshipping and praising of mother nature!!

their God was the sun, the moon, the water, the mountains!!!

noble savage stuff?

honey if anyone were savages those were the ones who got there on top of boats ready to rape and kill anything that moved and then forced their European religion down the ones left throats to the risk of facing death.

(sort of like ISIS does today in syria) I think the colonizers of Americas were thugs like ISIS... look at the way they behaved (I'll kill you or enslave you or rape you if you do not comply with what I want!) and then filled the continent with Africans importing them as slaves

I think is ridiculous than a typical jamaican is black and not a native of the americas!!! or that a typical Canadian is white and not a native of the americas!

This is why I have no sympathy for Europeans when they cry about immigration!

Europe should issue a formal apology!
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
The natives of the Americas were peaceful? They were constantly at war with each other, same as Europeans.
At least they didn't commit genocide.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:02 AM

659 posts, read 941,309 times
No offense Irene, but you sound like the pot calling the kettle black. Native Americans are NOT Native! They didn't discover America nor lived in America since the beginning. Before Native Americans came to the Americas, the Vikings settled in the East Coast of North America and before them, the Asians (maybe Siberians). What did the "Native" Americans did to the Vikings and Siberians? That's right, they killed and raped their people. I do not know about the Siberians, but the Vikings fled to Greenland because they were being murdered by the so-called "peace loving" Native Americans. The Vikings desperately needed help and resources and the "Native" Americans slaughtered them to the point that the remaining survivors had to flee.

Fast forward about 500 years or so and Europeans enter the Americas. We do the SAME thing that the "Native" Americans did to the Vikings and Siberians and unlike them, you "natives" cry foul and demand an apology. LOL! What about apologizing to the people that you "natives" killed so many centuries ago? Honestly, the settling of the Americas is pretty much a loop from the Asians/Siberians > Vikings > "Native" Americans > Europeans > Americans > etc.

Oh, and not all "Native" American tribes were peace loving, you too took war criminals as slaves, raped your enemies' women, took their children, invaded other tribes, etc. We Europeans aren't the only monsters here. And just like you were the victims, so have Europeans. Europe has been a victim for the longest time through many wars, some of the Europeans were even sold into slavery to the Arabs. "Native" Americans have a bloody history just like any other nationality, whether you're African, European, or Asian.

So face it. Put the past behind you and stop asking for an apology and playing the victim card lest you want to demean your own people further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe