Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:54 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,843,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by globby_832 View Post
Guys chill out! There was no genocide in North America... Only 5% of native americans lived above the Rio Grande... The rest of them (95%) live below Texas because of warmer weather (proof below). So maybe the Vikings May be the indigenous people of North America after all. Please don't call somebody's ancestors murderers, racists or whatever. Learn to love and respect your ancestors

What economic system was used by Native Americans? - Quora

By the way... I'm not white, I'm Pakistani
what kind of ignorant statement is this?

there was no genocide in north america? how disrespectful!!!

5% lived in north america so the vikings are the real owners? someone is smoking something nice! share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 07:59 AM

4 posts, read 4,676 times
I think New europeans should have a say. The thread starter Is rude.

I M european.. Well i think nowdays it a inevitabile; Since airplains have done anything to Cut distances. Well yes.. I m used to my people since all of them have always stayed there.

Well..this is the controversy.. Descendants o European who feel their ancient roots..an tht morally still belong-are radicated to their ancestry lands, and new people from other continents here who are the new Europeans.

Well..if you live abroad..you have choosed to leave europe continent..so you don't belong here.. While a second generation Indian, Brazilian, Nigerian here belongs to europe.

Well the first European have directly (Cortez ecc) or undirectly (influences, flews, ecc) decimated Native American populations.

Well..Muslims.. Yet always had an hate/love feeling for Europe.. With depredation of Southern European costs and escalvization of many Europeans Christians and social progress/science in Southern Europe like irrigation systems in andalucia; oranges in Sicily.. Algebra ecc.. But I think their gold period was when islam didn't exhist.. And christianism or paganism existed in their lands.

Mahometto had done only evil things to North Africa and the Middle East. When islam didn't exhist they were much more modern than today.

Th only good Muslims in Europe are only those secularied.. (Like 99% of Christians in Europe)..(like Rotterdam mayor, some French ministers like rachida ecc..)..the not secularied Muslims instead would do us a favour by not immigrating into Europe and saying in their countries instead (or go to Arabia ecc).. Europe isn't fitted for radical muslims ..it isn't the society for them.. Or for whatever extreme religion.

Like those isis fighters departing from Europe (like the guy from London, those of Charlie hebdo.. Those of Copenhagen, ecc..)..i laugh when television calls the British..Danish..French.. Lol.. They aren't europeans.. As their mentality isn t a product of European society.. They are aliens and social cancer to Europe..and should be expelled.

To be european you have to have European values..if not you aren't european.

For example el shaarawy, Rotterdam mayor, rachida, ecc.. Are europeans. Because they have our values.
Most of imams, and 70% of Muslims here are not european. But social cancer; garabage, that should be suddenly expelled

Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,400,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
[/b]

Historically people the world over were quite happy to slaughter their neighbours and that INCLUDES natives of the America's. Its the way being 'human' is I'm afraid. It just so happens that Europeans had superior technical knowhow that made them so good at it and also enabled them to take their 'fight' across the globe. If Europeans didn't do it first somebody else would have. I am sorry that history is full of cruel and barbaric people, in fact the world still is, I'm afraid you just going to have to learn to live with it.
Europeans were not superior to anyone else in the Americas the whole reason why they were able to ''fight'' was because their GERMS killed most of the Natives off. So when the Europeans wanted to wipe them out it was easier, but there were many wars on both sides.

Europeans just except that the European colonists were very evil twisted people who have the most blood on their hands. No other group of people have committed genocide on a continental level, no other group transported massive amounts of people across an ocean only to not just enslave them but to brainwash them and to assume that ''if we didn't do it others would'' just makes you feel less guilty for what your ancestors did.

Up to this day people seem to think European/White equals better this is what your colonists have done created a world where not being White is seen as ''different''

Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,468,340 times
The colonists didn't treat the native americans well but the total body count from wars and even the trail of tears is miniscule compared to the number of natives who died from smallpox. The Spanish in Mexico and the Caribbean were the worst in terms of actual genocidal proclivities.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
The colonists didn't treat the native americans well but the total body count from wars and even the trail of tears is miniscule compared to the number of natives who died from smallpox. The Spanish in Mexico and the Caribbean were the worst in terms of actual genocidal proclivities.
''The Colonists didn't treat Native Americans well'' -- That's a MASSIVE understatement. We're talking about rape, theft of Children (up to recently) to brainwash them, marginalisation, torture, Mass Murder and the typical racist stereotyping that exists today.

Spanish Flu is a flu.

Everywhere in the world Europeans went they brought pain and misery to the local population the only people that benefitted were the Europeans. Even within the European group the working class people in East London for example surely didn't benefit from what was going on in India!

I just don't understand why people don't know the ''bad side'' to colonialism, the only people that benefitted were Europeans NOT the Africans that were enslaved, NOT the Native Americans who died of diseases and genocide, NOT the Indians working in the fields while the English sat in massive Housing built by the Indians!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,468,340 times
That's all true but what can you do about it now. Pretty much everyone who went to high school in America knows all this unless they slept through history class (which many do).

Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 AM

4 posts, read 4,676 times
Well; this conversation is turning into a racist thread; as the original poster offended Irene.

Europe is the land where race, sexual, gender, age, political, speech, religion Discrimination was condemned and considered a crime.

With the French Revolution to be more precise: liberté egalité fraternité

Old 03-04-2015, 08:27 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,618,206 times
unless you have a magic wand and can rewrite history what is the point of this anti western rant? from people I see who all live in western countries, you have all the advantages of western civilisation, schooling, housing, jobs, transportation, sport and leisure, oh yeah and before we forget-the internet is a western invention, would you rather go and live in a 3rd world country without sanitation and clean water?? sounds like you might prefer it, otherwise shut up.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
That's all true but what can you do about it now. Pretty much everyone who went to high school in America knows all this unless they slept through history class (which many do).
Pretty much no ones knows about it, its not common for people to know what exactly colonialism means for us today and why we have issues.

To my knowledge History lesson for me was basically the world wars, civil wars and some Ancient Greece, Roman empire and Egypt that was it! No mention of the British empire's atrocities. Why would they? It wouldn't go in their favour for people to know the bad side.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:40 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,618,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Pretty much no ones knows about it, its not common for people to know what exactly colonialism means for us today and why we have issues.

To my knowledge History lesson for me was basically the world wars, civil wars and some Ancient Greece, Roman empire and Egypt that was it! No mention of the British empire's atrocities. Why would they? It wouldn't go in their favour for people to know the bad side.
where are you from? what is your beef?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe